Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
But I'm so disappointed. I'm glad that Tom is back but...my gosh. Toonami is just the adult swim line up with Tom as our host and I don't like what he has become. I admit at first it was pretty damn funny when Tom said, "I'm back bitches!" But now it's like we have a whole new Tom. His armor is supposed to change not his personality. And the cartoon line up, why couldn't we have some of the old cartoons back? Like Sailor Moon, all the fun seasons of Gundam, Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakushou, the original Voltron, Tenshi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Zoids, the new Adventures of Johnny Quest, (I'd like to say DBZ but Nick has it ), the original Thunder Cats, and heck even Ben 10 would have been okay to put in the line up! I think CN could have done without adult swim for one night! We have it for every day of the week. Couldn't this premier have been pure Toonami. I've gotta say I'm pretty damn disappointed. The only reason they even made this attempt, wasn't because of the fans demands, but because they saw Nick bring back some of the old 90s shows and the ratings went through the roof because us 90s kids stayed up to watch it. They probably thought by bringing back Tom and bringing in that show Cartoon Planet (Which also disappointed me because it only shows cartoons I could easily watch on Boomerang) That the ratings will go up. This is so disappointing. If they were going to just bring back Tom and not add in some of the old stuff, I feel like they shouldn't have even brought poor Tom out of retirement. They should have just left crappy adult swim along and gave Toonami have it's own channel instead, Nick has 5 channels already! I'm sure CN could have a channel just for Toonami with all the old shows we used to watch mixed in with some new ones we would enjoy! (Not Naruto because I'm tired of that show!)

Obsessive Lover

I AGREE. It would be nice to bring back some more anime, but what I really miss is the Justice League :C

Phantom

i agree.i really wish it wasnt during AS though.

Tricky Phantom

13,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
AS was originally Toonami's Midnight Run. Tom has the same personality as always, he's just allowed to say stuff they wouldn't let him before.

And, those shows are great, but would you really want to watch something you've seen before? (Cowboy Bebop aside, since it's been airing almost nonstop on AS for ten years) Yes, it would be awesome if they tossed in a series from the old show, but they chose to add some new stuff. Keep watching. I'm positive they'll bring back at least one for nostalgia's sake eventually.

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
aCYN
I AGREE. It would be nice to bring back some more anime, but what I really miss is the Justice League :C

If they brought back the Justice League....I swear I'll be the happiest girl in the DC ever.

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
Candyann
i agree.i really wish it wasnt during AS though.

I wish they could give the weekdays and Sundays to AS. Let Toonami have Saturday. Everyone could have their AS anime on the weekdays and Toonami cartoons on Saturday. Would work out for everyone.

Phantom

Exactly. emotion_dowant

Mystical Shoujo

33,275 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • The Sweetest 250
  • The Edgiest 250
The Shaid
AS was originally Toonami's Midnight Run. Tom has the same personality as always, he's just allowed to say stuff they wouldn't let him before.

And, those shows are great, but would you really want to watch something you've seen before? (Cowboy Bebop aside, since it's been airing almost nonstop on AS for ten years) Yes, it would be awesome if they tossed in a series from the old show, but they chose to add some new stuff. Keep watching. I'm positive they'll bring back at least one for nostalgia's sake eventually.

Dude. I know AS was the Midnight Run. I watched Toonami like crazy in the old days. It was friggen funny when Tom said I'm back bitches but it gets kind of annoying when every time a chick shows up in a commercial for an anime he calls them bitches. (Remember the April Fools promo xd ) And yes, I would like to watch something I've seen before. It would give new upcoming Toonami fans the chance to see the oldies and us oldies the chance to watch some of the old stuff we loved and missed. That's one of the reasons people wanted Toonami back: Tom, the old cartoons and some new cartoons as well. And so far the new stuff is pretty nice. I mean it's a great start picking up Toonami by adding in the new stuff, I really love Casshern Sins! I mean if they bring back some of the old stuff, I don't want them to show it over and over like they have been doing with Big O, Cowboy Bebop and Ghost in the Shell. I would like it if they brought in something like Outlaw Star and once it ends, bring in a different anime like G Gundam then replace that show when it's over. You know, that way people could have the oldies but they wouldn't have to watch it over and over and have the new stuff too. I'm going to keep watching, and hopefully things will improve. Hopefully they might even take a chance and bring back the weekday Toonami and Toonami Sunrise. But I'm still rooting for Toonami having it's own channel.

Aged Goat

18,775 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Toonami has all of my respect 3nodding

1,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
I'm glad it's back. Missed catching Toonami when they had shows like Gundam Wing, Dragonball Z on it to name a few shows. Although it's funny nowadays to listen to my brother complain about shows like bleach and naruto.
I miss being able to watch buttloads of anime. I mean, even on Adult Swim they used to show so much more, and almost every single night there was anime. Now it's all just crap.

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Adult Swim used to be pretty awesome when it first came around, given the amount of anime they would play. Admittedly, hearing that Toonami is back leaves me hopeful for the future...

Maybe Funimation will re-release One Piece? I'm not talking about the 4Kids s**t dub, I mean the uncut, Funimation dub.

Also, inb4 One Piece is s**t. It's been on for TEN YEARS, guys. Definitely not s**t. :3

Steviegoesrawr's Husbando

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
SakuraSyaoran
But I'm so disappointed. I'm glad that Tom is back but...my gosh. Toonami is just the adult swim line up with Tom as our host and I don't like what he has become. I admit at first it was pretty damn funny when Tom said, "I'm back bitches!" But now it's like we have a whole new Tom. His armor is supposed to change not his personality. And the cartoon line up, why couldn't we have some of the old cartoons back? Like Sailor Moon, all the fun seasons of Gundam, Outlaw Star, Yu Yu Hakushou, the original Voltron, Tenshi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin, Zoids, the new Adventures of Johnny Quest, (I'd like to say DBZ but Nick has it ), the original Thunder Cats, and heck even Ben 10 would have been okay to put in the line up! I think CN could have done without adult swim for one night! We have it for every day of the week. Couldn't this premier have been pure Toonami. I've gotta say I'm pretty damn disappointed. The only reason they even made this attempt, wasn't because of the fans demands, but because they saw Nick bring back some of the old 90s shows and the ratings went through the roof because us 90s kids stayed up to watch it. They probably thought by bringing back Tom and bringing in that show Cartoon Planet (Which also disappointed me because it only shows cartoons I could easily watch on Boomerang) That the ratings will go up. This is so disappointing. If they were going to just bring back Tom and not add in some of the old stuff, I feel like they shouldn't have even brought poor Tom out of retirement. They should have just left crappy adult swim along and gave Toonami have it's own channel instead, Nick has 5 channels already! I'm sure CN could have a channel just for Toonami with all the old shows we used to watch mixed in with some new ones we would enjoy! (Not Naruto because I'm tired of that show!)
That version of Tom was the most popular. His personality didn't change either. They pretty much changed him from Y7, to PG-13.
Thats it.

For the line up its easy to explain, lack of funding. They are only doing this for an experiment. The barely have any funds to use to licenses or relicenses. That's why four of them were Adult Swim Staples and only two new ones since they were cheap. Let's not forget some company aren't around like ADV Films, Geneon, ect so they are no legal way of showing those either.

They will most likely get rid of Adult Swim, Saturday Night only if this succeeds.
Which I will hope so. I can see them airing some older and new Y7 shows at 9pm till 11pm. Then beween 11pm and Midnight will be TV-14 and after that MA for the rest of the night.

Also it was because of the Fans. On April Fools this year they had a 600% increase from there normal night. Which is alot. Also not every provider offers Boomerang. The few that due offer it is only in there complete plan which is expensive.

Steviegoesrawr's Husbando

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
The Shaid

I Agree, and I am glad someone remembers watching the uncensored shows at night. Even though they were the same.

5,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
I like the old, but what's wrong with trying out something new? If you don't like it, you go and look for something else. Is it that hard to do? At some point, staying with the old will get boring.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff