Welcome to Gaia! ::

I LOVE TOONAMI U AGREE?

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
You do realize they aren't showing DBZ on toonami right?
Queen-of-the-Rogue
they will in 2 months

Divine Anubutt

27,850 Points
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
well they tried very hard to get dbz or so they say but it's very expensive to license at the moment and nick has a solid lock on kai >.>

that said once the block gets a lot of views more money will be put into it since right now it's basicly in dipping your toes in the water to see how it is territory o.o

Merry Muse

16,700 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
Incadence
Queen-of-the-Rogue
they will in 2 months

Where did you get that information out of curiosity? I need to start figuring out how much I can save on my DVR if it's True. Not to mention I want Trigun back along with Gundam Wing. From what I've heard there are no specific plans at this time.
Incadence
Queen-of-the-Rogue
they will in 2 months

Could you please provide a source from where you received this information? I'd be really happy if they were to throw in some Dragon Ball.
What shows are they gonna show?
Francisco Boss
What shows are they gonna show?

Bleach
Deadman Wonderland
Casshern Sins
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG
Cowboy Bebop
Queen-of-the-Rogue

for now, they're gonna show DBZ once they get enough views

Blessed Exhibitionist

10,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Conversationalist 100
What's the point of airing dbz, when viewers can see the non-filler version on another channel? Why should Comedy Central waste money on licensing the show this time around?

Marketing it as 'the real deal' or 'pure as the drivel snow' wouldn't change the fact that they are better off going after other action shows instead.

Showing a couple of the movies every now and then would be okay, i guess. But TV series? Nah...

Witty Phantom

I know it sounds lame, but I'd prefer Duel Masters and Yu Yu Hakusho over DBZ. It takes up to 13 episodes for one stupid fight in DBZ. I don't have that kind of patience for any anime.

Desirable Hunter

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
i love dbz - that's what got me into Anime, but it has een played to death. I never heard of Duel masters, but Yu-yu was good - they yanked it off suddenly - I'd love to see more!
Eternal Marionetta
I know it sounds lame, but I'd prefer Duel Masters and Yu Yu Hakusho over DBZ. It takes up to 13 episodes for one stupid fight in DBZ. I don't have that kind of patience for any anime.
The Toonami revival cannot survive on reairing shows that are nearly twenty years old have been on TV for ever and everyone has seen. The new Toonami needs new material, a constant stream of new material rotating in and out. The block needs to stay fresh and keep out attention. A few classics here or there is nice but the new Toonami needs to look at the future to survive nor the past.

Also given that the Toonami revival is one Day a week it would be wise for the block to focus on shorter anime series. they should stay away from shows that have hundreds of episodes because it would take well for ever to get though them. The new Toonami for the most part should stick to 13, 26, and 52 episode anime series.

Menacing Shoujo

No DBZ yet ,hon,
Just keep watching to show support and ratings and watch as DREAMS come made of TRUE~!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff