Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
The return of anime on the SyFy channel didn't work out, despite them having some really good shows like Gundam 00 and Gurren Lagann.
But maybe the Cartoon Network /Adult Swim channel will have better luck. It never stopped airing anime altogether. It just stopped airing anime during the daytime hours (with a few exceptions). And I'm really not sure why anime aimed at kids has gone by the wayside... Shows like Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball Z, and Pokemon have shown that shows aimed at kids can be quite successful.

Menacing Shoujo

Just shuddup and watch it religiously to show support!
They will add more juicy stuff as said shows end and add wtf idkoc....
Just shuddup and thank god it's back!

Wealthy Giver

8,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
for those of u who dnt watch animes online Deadman Wonderland will blow ur mind so will CS.
and s**t cowboy bebop is one of the best space outlaw anime ever.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I agree with the OP, but I also hope we're wrong. Adult Swim hates anime and they hate the anime fans. They shove a few shows into the late night Saturday slot in an attempt to keep fans from complaining, and that's it. Toonami would have to get some damn good ratings for Adult Swim to decide to keep it, I just know they're gonna look for any excuse to kill it off.

Oh well. I'll still hold hope, and I'll watch the block, do my part to support it. emotion_awesome Maybe if it does really well, they'll get new shows.

Homicide Hunter's Significant Otter

Green Explorer

12,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Total Moon
To me, nothing beats the classic line-up. I'm not all into the new animes nowadays. Cartoon Network has turned from a fun awesome channel for kids to a what the heck animations and the Adult Swim line-up is a bunch of ugly drawings that I get sick of seein and they aren't humorous at all.

Gotta remember at one time the 'classics' were new at some point in time, and Toonami didn't always have a favorable line up. I think people should give new anime a chance. There is a lot of quality anime with good character development and good storyline. New doesn't mean crap, but people will not discover that until they give the new stuff a chance.

Hilarious Wife

1,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
My thought is that Adult Swim was the "adult" version of Toonami for some time. Showing the blood and letting language be a bit more loose than its Toonami counterpart. Toonami, which used to air at 4pm EST until 7pm EST for quite some time before it was switched to being a Saturday only thing right before Adult Swim.

Adult Swim had other programming on Sundays but Saturday was exclusively anime.

Now as I watch this return of Toonami, it looks just like Adult Swim usually does on Saturdays, with new anime. They didn't bring Toonami back by itself, they... merged it with Adult Swim. Toonami used to be an autonomous thing.

Anyone else think that's what it looks like?

Lord Osir's Queen

Interstellar Fairy

32,625 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I'm excited for the network, but I don't watch tv. I watch hulu who is adding anime all the time. Interested in sands and wonderland as I haven't heard of them. What they have said is that they will eventually be adding new original anime, and I don't think anyone here has mentioned that.

Shoujo Husband

10,125 Points
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Flatterer 200
  • Married 100
Benateli
Total Moon
To me, nothing beats the classic line-up. I'm not all into the new animes nowadays. Cartoon Network has turned from a fun awesome channel for kids to a what the heck animations and the Adult Swim line-up is a bunch of ugly drawings that I get sick of seein and they aren't humorous at all.

Gotta remember at one time the 'classics' were new at some point in time, and Toonami didn't always have a favorable line up. I think people should give new anime a chance. There is a lot of quality anime with good character development and good storyline. New doesn't mean crap, but people will not discover that until they give the new stuff a chance.

I have to agree with you. Give new anime a chance. There will always be the classics, but this is 2012. not 1990s. I love Naruto, Sailor Moon and DBZ with a passion but we have to learn to keep going and expand our knowledge with new anime. I am currently into Kuroshitsuji (should be on Toonami ) and Another (not in english yet.). All I have to say is, we can all relive the past. (its also called buying the box sets like I do. -_-) but we all have to move on. Like she said, New doesn't mean crap. (Toonami Last night was awesome! >o< wink Give it a chance. You can't be an Otaku if you just stick to 1990s anime. Expand to the 2000s like I do. (Full blown Otaku here. )

Shoujo Krampus

38,000 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Magical Gems 500
Sounds neat.

nuGen Staff Entrepreneur

6,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Tycoon 200
Ok that SIns one sucked really bad... Casshen Sin is a really bad anime... But eh Im game...

Durem Reveler

10,700 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
ChibiHanyou
They need to start out small because they don't have the budget right now to support themselves. They need the ratings and once they get those then it'll take off. No one starts out big.

Quote from the AnimeNewsNetowrk Article:

Quote:
DeMarco added that Toonami will not be showing Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, and similar titles since "the rights to those shows are owned by our competition or are out of our price range." He continued, "Something you should know about THIS Toonami: We have very, very little $$. This experiment will need ratings success to receive more funding for new shows, more [mascot character] Tom animation, etc. I'm thankful for the $$ we've gotten, but it isn't a lot."

This.

Also, they shouldn't have let Naruto get bought by Disney.... It's worse than DBZ Kai on Nicktoons. rofl Disney is the LAST company that needs to take control of an anime, especially an action anime. I doubt they'd be able to get the same people behind "The Avengers" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" on the anime committee lols. lol I made the mistake of watching the dub of Shippudden on Disney XD.... haven't done that since. xD
ah s**t bleach!

Durem Reveler

10,700 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
RainbowRaven
My thought is that Adult Swim was the "adult" version of Toonami for some time. Showing the blood and letting language be a bit more loose than its Toonami counterpart. Toonami, which used to air at 4pm EST until 7pm EST for quite some time before it was switched to being a Saturday only thing right before Adult Swim.

Adult Swim had other programming on Sundays but Saturday was exclusively anime.

Now as I watch this return of Toonami, it looks just like Adult Swim usually does on Saturdays, with new anime. They didn't bring Toonami back by itself, they... merged it with Adult Swim. Toonami used to be an autonomous thing.

Anyone else think that's what it looks like?

Yep. I'm just like "... wait. Weren't GITS SAC 2nd Gig, Bleach, FMAB and Cowboy Bebop already airing on [AS]? Didn't they just shuffle them around into a different order and add two new ones? :O"
But yeah, it's necessary because the whole Toonami crew was given very little money and all... sucks but they have to start out small unfortunately. I do like the fact that I don't have to stay up to 4 in the morning to see Cowboy and GITS. XD rofl
I really hope that it stays around! I really look forward to seeing the new animes, but I also hope they put up some of the old ones.

Oh my gosh! I hope they put on Sailor Moon heart

Hilarious Wife

1,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Wall Street 200
Rose of the Moons
I really hope that it stays around! I really look forward to seeing the new animes, but I also hope they put up some of the old ones.

Oh my gosh! I hope they put on Sailor Moon heart

Bringing back Sailor Moon would be great, if they ever got the courage up to show uncensored Sailor Moon Stars. Ha! Can you imagine that now!?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff