Welcome to Gaia! ::

Godly Bro

13,025 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Married 100
The two newer shows I'll look forward to but I've seen Gis several times....and bleach is to long... Fma is decent.... Cowboy bebop will always be classic... I want the old like tenchi muyo and sailor moon back! Dbz too!

Friendly Informer

5,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
personally as a fan of toonami I wish they would do it more on the weekdays like they did in the past and not just push it until saturday which would be fine with me but sadly there not

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Wait... haven't they already been showing those shows on the channel already? Just at Adult Swims anime time or just later at night (sides from that one Casshern Sins, I never heard of it, same with Deadman Wonderland).

They sure aren't appearing with a bang and more of a fizzle.

Ambrosyne's Waifu

Sparkly Lunatic

While I'm happy it returned, I'm utterly displeased with the lineup. I feel like it'll be a typical Saturday lineup that Adult Swim normally plays with the exception of Wonderland and Sins. I hope they can get the classics but from what I heard, they're pretty much in license hell.
They need to start out small because they don't have the budget right now to support themselves. They need the ratings and once they get those then it'll take off. No one starts out big.

Quote from the AnimeNewsNetowrk Article:

Quote:
DeMarco added that Toonami will not be showing Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, and similar titles since "the rights to those shows are owned by our competition or are out of our price range." He continued, "Something you should know about THIS Toonami: We have very, very little $$. This experiment will need ratings success to receive more funding for new shows, more [mascot character] Tom animation, etc. I'm thankful for the $$ we've gotten, but it isn't a lot."
ChibiHanyou
They need to start out small because they don't have the budget right now to support themselves. They need the ratings and once they get those then it'll take off. No one starts out big.

Quote:
DeMarco added that Toonami will not be showing Naruto, Dragon Ball Z, and similar titles since "the rights to those shows are owned by our competition or are out of our price range." He continued, "Something you should know about THIS Toonami: We have very, very little $$. This experiment will need ratings success to receive more funding for new shows, more [mascot character] Tom animation, etc. I'm thankful for the $$ we've gotten, but it isn't a lot."

I've been telling people this all month finally someone put this up here biggrin This means that if you want great shows, you're gonna have to tune in.
E1215
ChibiHanyou

Quote:

I've been telling people this all month finally someone put this up here biggrin This means that if you want great shows, you're gonna have to tune in.
And that's exactly what I'm going to do. Even if I don't like the new shows (heard of them before, but never watched) I'm just going to have my TV on to count it as a contribute smile You don't have to watch to give back wink
ChibiHanyou
E1215
ChibiHanyou

Quote:

And that's exactly what I'm going to do. Even if I don't like the new shows (heard of them before, but never watched) I'm just going to have my TV on to count it as a contribute smile You don't have to watch to give back wink

FINALLY someone who sees the light biggrin and if you think about it, when it becomes a success, they can finally put up some really good shows WITHOUT most of the censorship like Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, or thriller mysteries like Higurashi (When they Cry) or even get back Lupin the III (god I love Lupin the III)

Shy Gaian

It aired on april fools day, haven't seen it since
Xshy_but evilx

Coming back tonight I believe biggrin

Shy Gaian

E1215
Xshy_but evilx

Awesome! wait are they still going to have bleach on then?
E1215
FINALLY someone who sees the light biggrin and if you think about it, when it becomes a success, they can finally put up some really good shows WITHOUT most of the censorship like Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt, or thriller mysteries like Higurashi (When they Cry) or even get back Lupin the III (god I love Lupin the III)
It's not really seeing the light as it is common sense lol But I agree, the more money they make each week (pray it does last more than one or two) then the more awesome shows will be shown 3nodding Higurashi would be great. Late night sets the perfect mood for that show. And omg, Another. If that ever gets licensed Adult Swim should jump on that. surprised
ChibiHanyou
E1215
It's not really seeing the light as it is common sense lol But I agree, the more money they make each week (pray it does last more than one or two) then the more awesome shows will be shown 3nodding Higurashi would be great. Late night sets the perfect mood for that show. And omg, Another. If that ever gets licensed Adult Swim should jump on that. surprised

A lot of people don't really use their common sense, but I think people will start watching Toonami again. Adult Swim's ratings were high during the April Fool's joke, but hopefully the same people will tune in. I think Elfen Lied would also be right for the program....
Xshy_but evilx
E1215
Xshy_but evilx

Mhm, only two shows will be new, but if it continues to get great ratings over the next month or two, they should get a good budget and better shows

Shy Gaian

E1215
Xshy_but evilx
E1215
Xshy_but evilx

Mhm, only two shows will be new, but if it continues to get great ratings over the next month or two, they should get a good budget and better shows

New shows? are they anime?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces