Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Am I the only one disappointed that Toonami didn't bring the revival of Sailor Moon? They are redoing the mangas now and I would love to see the anime again. It was a major part of my childhood and I know the reason they cut it off was because everyone finds out Uranus and Neptune aren't really cousins but lovers. The times are different now though....it could be put on Adult Swim. .3.

So who else is disappointed it isn't back?

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
Sailor Moon is about to come back. They are working on products. They already have released some clothes because people actually touching them helps with survey.

If you want to help, here is the Product Survey.
http://www.moon-chase.com/2012/05/may-survey-update-version-3-now-added/

So Cartoon Network might get Sailor Moon, again. Sailor Moon was their highest rated show. It was the highest rated in it's time slot... in a few time slots it was placed in. But they got rid of Sailor Moon because it was the highest rated and they didn't want girls in their demographics.. there was more money from Advertisers for Boys. As it turned out the majority of their viewers, including boys, where watching those time blocks BECAUSE OF SAILOR MOON and they ended up losing everyone.

Currently, Cartoon Network is probably still the best place for Sailor Moon to air on Television.

I believe they ( companies) are redubbing Sailor Moon, btw.

Invisible Regular

Ask Toei this question. All the companies that handled Sailor Moon back in the day are gone now. Toei has the rights and no matter who comes to them they always reject any deals to renew the anime series here in America. Toonami can't air Sailor Moon till they get a airing rights to do so and that will only happen if there's also a dubbing company that can get the rights to sell it again.

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Sailor Tin Nyanko
Sailor Moon is about to come back. They are working on products. They already have released some clothes because people actually touching them helps with survey.

So Cartoon Network might get Sailor Moon, again. Sailor Moon was their highest rated show. It was the highest rated in it's time slot... in a few time slots it was placed in. But they got rid of Sailor Moon because it was the highest rated and they didn't want girls in their demographics.. there was more money from Advertisers for Boys. As it turned out the majority of their viewers, including boys, where watching those time blocks BECAUSE OF SAILOR MOON and they ended up losing everyone.

Currently, Cartoon Network is probably still the best place for Sailor Moon to air on Television.

If this is the case, then I am one happy girl. It will be nostalgia for me. I still have my old 90's Sailor Moon Dolls. If they remake them I am so getting them. xD

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
SailorSanta
Ask Toei this question. All the companies that handled Sailor Moon back in the day are gone now. Toei has the rights and no matter who comes to them they always reject any deals to renew the anime series here in America. Toonami can't air Sailor Moon till they get a airing rights to do so and that will only happen if there's also a dubbing company that can get the rights to sell it again.

Actually for years Sailor Moon was set up so that any channel/station in North America could air Sailor Moon sweatdrop

Several local Stations/Channels took advantage of this. A couple Nation Wide Channels/Stations in Canada took advantage of this. Why no National Channel/Station in The United States is a mystery but it was available there for anyone and Free of Charge if some conditions were met. 3nodding

If you want to help... it looks like some companies may be redubbing Sailor Moon currently. But many companies are trying to get fan input on the products currently out and being worked on. Toei would also like to know if there are any Japanese Products you would like to be released in Canada or The United States :3 As well as new products ( including Video Games) that Toei should make for North America.

Here is the Survey:
http://www.moon-chase.com/2012/05/may-survey-update-version-3-now-added

Friendly Friend

5,250 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gender Swap 100
I'm also Sad that I didn't get Toonami or Sailor Moon sad

Invisible Regular

Sailor Tin Nyanko
[
Actually for years Sailor Moon was set up so that any channel/station in North America could air Sailor Moon sweatdrop

Again Toei is the only one with the rights and that was way back in the day. The moonchase info is just for the products. Fundimation, Viz, and I think even 4kids all got rejected by Toei already I doubt the anime is coming back any time soon.

Personally, I rather Sailor Moon came on Netflix and/or Hulu Plus uncut with all the episodes this time around after the DVD box set came out. I doubt it would be a major hit on TV like back in the day and I doubt kids today could deal with the annoying dubs of yesteryear.

Invisible Regular

JamesJupiter
I'm also Sad that I didn't get Toonami or Sailor Moon sad

You aren't missing much. Most of the anime series airing on Toonami are online via Netflix, Hulu, or what have you. People still post Sailor Moon episodes on youtube all the time.

5,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
Dashing Valentine
Am I the only one disappointed that Toonami didn't bring the revival of Sailor Moon? They are redoing the mangas now and I would love to see the anime again. It was a major part of my childhood and I know the reason they cut it off was because everyone finds out Uranus and Neptune aren't really cousins but lovers. The times are different now though....it could be put on Adult Swim. .3.

So who else is disappointed it isn't back?

No I am too I love that show and missed lots of it do to haven to freaking go to school D: I really wanted to see the full set from the start of it to the end D:

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Sailor Tin Nyanko

+.♦.+ Star Dust+.♦.+

That's weird, I thought they cancel the show was because the other Sailor star characters has to do with them being cross dressing.

-~-☆-~-

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
[Shewolf]
Sailor Tin Nyanko

+.♦.+ Star Dust+.♦.+

That's weird, I thought they cancel the show was because the other Sailor star characters has to do with them being cross dressing.

-~-☆-~-

[Season 5] Sailor Stars was never Subbed/Dubbed in North America.

But some Christian Group did make a big deal about Fish Eye taking his shirt off one episode. Fish Eye is a Cross Dresser... but not human... so an effeminate breastless human with a Fish' brain. Anyways, they had to get rid of that in reply but then they got too much demand and explaination that it's not a female chest in the scene, so they brought it back.

They got rid of Sailor Moon because the other shows had a broader range of Advertisers and they were shelling out more money. They didn't feel comfortable with putting "boys toys" commercials during a "girls show". They lost most of their viewers in the evening & night when they removed Sailor Moon. So they immediately wanted to fix it but they couldn't go back on Sailor Moon it's self. They put a bunch of money and focus into alot of Girls Cartoons. About half didn't finish and most that did weren't sucessful. So they didn't get back their viewers, they didn't get back their money, they lost advertisers unexpectantly, things they wanted to air quickly ended up taking up to five years to production for one season. It was a mess.

BTW, I am looking back. Pretty Cure was selected over Sailor Moon. So, Sailor Moon is likely not being Subbed or Dubbed currently. I know that a complete boxset was set to be released but I don't know what's going on with that currently.

Magical Trickster

19,950 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Survivor 150
Sailor Tin Nyanko

[Season 5] Sailor Stars was never Subbed/Dubbed in North America.

But some Christian Group did make a big deal about Fish Eye taking his shirt off one episode. Fish Eye is a Cross Dresser... but not human... so an effeminate breastless human with a Fish' brain. Anyways, they had to get rid of that in reply but then they got too much demand and explaination that it's not a female chest in the scene, so they brought it back.

They got rid of Sailor Moon because the other shows had a broader range of Advertisers and they were shelling out more money. They didn't feel comfortable with putting "boys toys" commercials during a "girls show". They lost most of their viewers in the evening & night when they removed Sailor Moon. So they immediately wanted to fix it but they couldn't go back on Sailor Moon it's self. They put a bunch of money and focus into alot of Girls Cartoons. About half didn't finish and most that did weren't sucessful. So they didn't get back their viewers, they didn't get back their money, they lost advertisers unexpectantly, things they wanted to air quickly ended up taking up to five years to production for one season. It was a mess.

BTW, I am looking back. Pretty Cure was selected over Sailor Moon. So, Sailor Moon is likely not being Subbed or Dubbed currently. I know that a complete boxset was set to be released but I don't know what's going on with that currently.

+.♦.+ Star Dust+.♦.+

Your explanation about it makes a lot of sense. 3nodding I have been listening to a friend about because she thought it had to do with Cross-Dressing or something like that. But then again, Toonami tends to show some maturity in their time slot. So I wouldn't think because of the cross-dressing or just randomly come off the air.

I am really keeping my hopes up if they would bring Sailor Moon AND to finally finish the Saga <3

-~-☆-~-

Shapeshifter

what i would really like is a completely new show that's closer to the manga. i really prefer how it's darker than the anime and like the ending better than the ending of the anime (lack of Sailor Cosmos was disappointing).
but, that's not likely to happen. xd

if they brought Sailor Moon back, i'd only want them to do that if they had a new dub. the old dub was horrible, and that's coming from someone who actually likes watching dubs.

Invisible Regular

LokiLB
what i would really like is a completely new show that's closer to the manga. i really prefer how it's darker than the anime and like the ending better than the ending of the anime (lack of Sailor Cosmos was disappointing).
but, that's not likely to happen. xd

if they brought Sailor Moon back, i'd only want them to do that if they had a new dub. the old dub was horrible, and that's coming from someone who actually likes watching dubs.

Agreed.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
I honestly have no interest in seeing Sailor Moon on Toonami.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff