Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naughty Moonwalker

I don't want it back on Toonami. It would be blocking up a time slot for something else. Granted, I love Sailor Moon, but there are so many other places that I can watch it if I wanted too.
i would like to see all the old shows. Gundam, dbz, ronin warrior, sailor moon etc.

Steviegoesrawr's Husbando

Man-Hungry Lover

11,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Dashing Valentine
Am I the only one disappointed that Toonami didn't bring the revival of Sailor Moon? They are redoing the mangas now and I would love to see the anime again. It was a major part of my childhood and I know the reason they cut it off was because everyone finds out Uranus and Neptune aren't really cousins but lovers. The times are different now though....it could be put on Adult Swim. .3.

So who else is disappointed it isn't back?
The Dubs are defunct.

11,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Dunno if anyone said it yet but the REAL reason why Sailor Moon was taken off air was because we (USA) dubbed it and mangled the wording so badly. The Japanese company that owns SM took away our rights to Sailor Moon. A different company is handling the new manga (I hear there will be a more proper dub job coming out too).

As for Toonami coming back... YAY but I don't have cable. ;-;

Dangerous Visionary

Sailor Tin Nyanko

Stars WAS Dubbed into other languages.

So, no,.. Toei didn't say " Noone on Earth is allowed to Dub or Sub Stars."

No matter what people say, believe, what you are told or read,.... It absolutely was people within North America that were blocking Stars from being Dubbed/Subbed. With exception of a couple years in the 90's when Stars was still airring, still coming out in Manga, and new products were still coming out in Japan. Basically, at that point Stars and it's Product Line were both incomplete.

Actually if you been on my thread in the AMC you would have learned what what SailorSanta is saying is correct and true we discussed it a few times. Toei didn't allow any American/Canadian dubbers have the rights to Sailor Moon Stars. Cloverway did wish to dub Stars however time ran out on their licensing rights. Toei did in fact say no. Yes it was dubbed elsewhere but not here. It had NOTHING with how badly the dubbing companies handled Sailor Moon, the content of Sailor Moon stars since its pretty easy to see all the tricks they could have used to censor some of the darker stuff. So yes it is Toei's fault that North Americans didn't get get the last season of Sailor Moon. So kindly stop placing the blame on the wrong companies. When Toei is the sole owner of Sailor Moon anime series and the only one that can control where, how, and which countries Sailor Moon is shown.

Dangerous Visionary

Queen Peppermint
Dunno if anyone said it yet but the REAL reason why Sailor Moon was taken off air was because we (USA) dubbed it and mangled the wording so badly. The Japanese company that owns SM took away our rights to Sailor Moon. A different company is handling the new manga (I hear there will be a more proper dub job coming out too).

As for Toonami coming back... YAY but I don't have cable. ;-;

Untrue. The liscnesing ended and Toei frozen the rights to Sailor Moon here in America/Canada at least. The anime was playing in Italy, parts of the UK, Spain, and some Asian countries last year. The new DVDs can be brought in Latin America. Anyway again we need to place the blame on the real villain here.

Quote:
Toei has never licensed the fifth and final series, Sailor Stars, for adaptation into English. As of May 2004, the rest of the media franchise has officially gone off the air in all English-speaking countries due to lapsed and unrenewed licenses.

Seriously read the wiki on this it has better information than most other places. Also if we did such a horrible job with Sailor Moon then the same should be true of Gundam, DBZ, Pokemon, Yuigoh, and all other 90's anime series since most were horribly dubbed and censored.

Dangerous Visionary

Sailor Tin Nyanko

I believe they ( companies) are redubbing Sailor Moon, btw.

I haven't heard anything of the sort. I would know since I have been keeping up with all the Sailor Moon news for my thread and none of my regs have heard either. Toei doesn't seem interested yet in allowing any of the current North American dubbing companies to have Sailor Moon. Fundimation tried last comic-con season and were rejected yet again. The moon-chase surveys have nothing to do with the anime. They are for the clothing and toys we are currently getting and to help make the product stronger. Please don't use those in trying to get the anime series back! You will just make your survey (ie opinion) void.

Where are you getting your information from?

Dangerous Visionary

Also for those of you with Netflix (with DVDs) we have rumors of them now shipping out Sailor Moon DVDs. For what I have seen on Google it seems like they have the first season. So please check that out.

Personally, Netflix would be the best place for Sailor Moon and the best place for on TV would probably be Nick/Nicktoons or even the Hub. Nicktoons have DBZ:Kai as well as Winx. HUB of course has MLP, Jem, Carmen San Diego, and all that stuff. Cartoon Network really doesn't have much and I don't see how Sailor Moon could fit in any of their current line ups.

Also from wiki:
Quote:
International revival
Toei froze the license to distribute Sailor Moon outside of Japan in 2004. On February 4, 2010, Toei began negotiations to re-license the series for an international release. In March 2010, a newly remastered Sailor Moon began broadcasting in Italy. Toei has confirmed if the series is popular in Italy, an international revival will be produced.[62] Sailor Moon has since also been re-licensed in several countries such as Albania, Hong Kong, Mexico, Portugal, Brazil, some African nations (for the first time), Israel (for the first time), Russia, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Taiwan, The Philippines, Chile, Thailand, and Malaysia. However, it has yet to be announced if the Sailor Moon anime will be re-licensed for an English-language release, especially the un-aired Sailor Stars season, or any other material not available in English.[63] Recently, Toei is offering 200 refurbished episodes of Sailor Moon at MIPTV

happymoogle's Waifu

IRL Waffles

No one has the rights to it, even though, Funimation is being very secretive about it.

Sarcastic Cultist

I've very disappointed! I love Sailor Moon! It was my first anime! I want it back!!!!

2,400 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
Dashing Valentine
Am I the only one disappointed that Toonami didn't bring the revival of Sailor Moon? They are redoing the mangas now and I would love to see the anime again. It was a major part of my childhood and I know the reason they cut it off was because everyone finds out Uranus and Neptune aren't really cousins but lovers. The times are different now though....it could be put on Adult Swim. .3.

So who else is disappointed it isn't back?

So very sad. sad

Dapper Gekko

8,950 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
One of the few animes I liked better dubbed was TTGL, but I'm not sure why. I DO like the subbed version too, but I dunno...Maybe all the epic doesn't translate well through subtitles...ANYWAYS, screw Sailor Moon, it's old. Get anime on Toonami that are actually dubbed in a way that doesn't make them suck. New anime. Anime like Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!

Dapper Dabbler

4,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
While I'm extremely happy that Toonami is back, I'm very disappointed that Sailor Moon did not come back with it. The silver lining for me is that I have all five seasons and all three movies, subbed, in a collection set. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that SM comes back to Toonami. I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and saw the revamped manga in the manga section. I promptly snatched the last copy of the first one. Needless to say I'll be collecting the manga now as I get the money for them :3.

Sparkly Millionaire

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
I need me some Sailor Moon. 3nodding 3nodding
Why no real adventures of Jonny Quest?! emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash