Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Regular

Sailor Tin Nyanko
[
-~--~-

[Season 5] Sailor Stars was never Subbed/Dubbed in North America.

Your information is so misinformed where are you get your information? Sailor moon Stars wasn't dubbed because at the time Toei was releasing the first DVD boxset for it in Japan. They didn't want anything to compete it with it so they denied cloverway the rights for it. Since then other companies have tried to get the rights for it as well and again Toei said no. Also that moonchase survey needs more research as well as per the last question which ask people to NOT talk about the anime.

Toei owns the rights to the anime series
Bandai owns the right for the video games and most toys.
So that last question makes no sense and is only going to piss off Toei.

wiki
Online petitions requesting the dubbing of Sailor Stars have been held since 2000.[55] Sailor Stars, the final season of the Sailor Moon anime, was never dubbed originally because Toei was not putting it up for license. TokyoPop was looking into renegotiating the rights to the manga series.[56] On May 5, Marc Lunden of Mania Entertainment reported from Anime Central 2007 that "Toei [Animation] currently has a lockdown on all Sailor Moon licenses, but Geneon expressed interest in case the situation changed."[57] However, Geneon was merged with Universal Studios in February 2009. Similarly, Madman Entertainment was forced to stop print of the Sailor Moon DVD licenses it acquired, despite the R4 DVD releases being very successful.

Again Toei is the one with all the cards and considering they are like the Disney channel of Japan. Again I doubt we here in upper North America will be seeing Sailor Moon yet.

LanyaD's Husband

Heroic Hunter

34,765 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
give it some time. the voice of tom said that they're building it all back from the ground up and that they'll be needing as much support as possible. if things run well, we may get stuff like sailor moon gundam wing outlaw star and so on back. tonight is simply a test to see if there is enough support out there for toonami to stay permanently.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
SailorSanta
Sailor Tin Nyanko
[
-~--~-

[Season 5] Sailor Stars was never Subbed/Dubbed in North America.

Your information is so misinformed where are you get your information? Sailor moon Stars wasn't dubbed because at the time Toei was releasing the first DVD boxset for it in Japan. They didn't want anything to compete it with it so they denied cloverway the rights for it. Since then other companies have tried to get the rights for it as well and again Toei said no. Also that moonchase survey needs more research as well as per the last question which ask people to NOT talk about the anime.

Toei owns the rights to the anime series
Bandai owns the right for the video games and most toys.
So that last question makes no sense and is only going to piss off Toei.

wiki
Online petitions requesting the dubbing of Sailor Stars have been held since 2000.[55] Sailor Stars, the final season of the Sailor Moon anime, was never dubbed originally because Toei was not putting it up for license. TokyoPop was looking into renegotiating the rights to the manga series.[56] On May 5, Marc Lunden of Mania Entertainment reported from Anime Central 2007 that "Toei [Animation] currently has a lockdown on all Sailor Moon licenses, but Geneon expressed interest in case the situation changed."[57] However, Geneon was merged with Universal Studios in February 2009. Similarly, Madman Entertainment was forced to stop print of the Sailor Moon DVD licenses it acquired, despite the R4 DVD releases being very successful.

Again Toei is the one with all the cards and considering they are like the Disney channel of Japan. Again I doubt we here in upper North America will be seeing Sailor Moon yet.
S and Supers were NOT DUBBED immediately when Original and R were Dubbed.

So that doesn't make sense because they allowed S and SuperS to be dubbed but not Stars.

There were alot of reasons Stars wasn't Dubbed but it wasn't like " Nope, can't Dub any more Sailor Moon" because S and SuperS were Dubbed at that later time.

As for TokyoPop,.. they had nothing to do with the Videos. TokyoPop was only working with the Manga. .... and YES they did get Stars. I have Stars sitting in my Desk here done by TokyoPop.

Unfortunately, all the Copyrights I am finding physically in these are 1997 ( when Naoko finished in Japan). I believe these came out in 2000 and 2001. I am trying to find something to show you that the English Translation for North America in Pocket manga form DID COME OUT for Stars and give a year.

March 1st, 2001: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/sailor-moon-stars-1-naoko-takeuchi/1004161736

By the Way... Pioneer ---> Genoen ---> Some other names I can't remember. Kept merging and changeing name and blah blah blah. Every time it would dump most of it's Anime.

Meanwhile, in reality,.. I have humans and cats yelling at me while the neighbors tick everyone off. HURRAY! I can't think so well. But I know TokyoPop + Stars = They had Stars

In 1995 Stars couldn't be Dubbed because it was still airring.

But when S and SuperS were Dubbed and Subbed... Stars was available.

There where also openings for companies to do the Musicals.

But for a number of reasons companies did not do Stars and noone was interested in the Musicals. These reasons included the stress they were under by parents and groups. Stars was still Taboo when S and SuperS was done. They made Neptune and Uranus Cousins because they were under that much stress.

Accursed Prophet

38,325 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
giggity..?

Colorful Smoker

Witty Phantom

BalancedFan
giggity..?
Giggity.

Invisible Regular

Sailor Tin Nyanko

So that doesn't make sense because they allowed S and SuperS to be dubbed but not Stars.

But for a number of reasons companies did not do Stars and noone was interested in the Musicals. These reasons included the stress they were under by parents and groups. Stars was still Taboo when S and SuperS was done. They made Neptune and Uranus Cousins because they were under that much stress.

I know there's a lot of messed up information about Sailor moon stars but the I did a lot of research and all signs points to Toei just not allowing Sailor Moon Stars to air in North America for whatever reason. Again Toei ONLY owns the anime rights and as we should know the anime and the manga are two very different things. Kodansha has the rights over Sailor Moon manga and yes Tokyopop was allowed to print the whole series. But that's all we got here in America. The anime just wasn't done because Toei refuses to allow any dubbing company at the time to dub and/or air it. Many of them did the latest being Fundimation and Toei has refused.

So again Toei controls the fate of the Sailor Moon anime. NO one else.

Kaliyah's Wife

Firestarter

I reallyreallyREALLY hope Sailor Moon gets back on air.
Even if it's on at 2am. I'll be up for that s**t, hands down. x3

Desirable Wench

13,000 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Jolly Roger 50
I would love to see this show again! I never got to finish it because it was always on on Saturday mornings and I always to go with my brother to his stupid boy scouts outings...
Yeah, my brother ruined my childhood lol

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
I haven't seen Sailor Moon in Forever! It would be kinda' fun.

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
SailorSanta
Sailor Tin Nyanko

I know there's a lot of messed up information about Sailor moon stars but the I did a lot of research and all signs points to Toei just not allowing Sailor Moon Stars to air in North America for whatever reason. Again Toei ONLY owns the anime rights and as we should know the anime and the manga are two very different things. Kodansha has the rights over Sailor Moon manga and yes Tokyopop was allowed to print the whole series. But that's all we got here in America. The anime just wasn't done because Toei refuses to allow any dubbing company at the time to dub and/or air it. Many of them did the latest being Fundimation and Toei has refused.

So again Toei controls the fate of the Sailor Moon anime. NO one else.

Stars WAS Dubbed into other languages.

So, no,.. Toei didn't say " Noone on Earth is allowed to Dub or Sub Stars."

No matter what people say, believe, what you are told or read,.... It absolutely was people within North America that were blocking Stars from being Dubbed/Subbed. With exception of a couple years in the 90's when Stars was still airring, still coming out in Manga, and new products were still coming out in Japan. Basically, at that point Stars and it's Product Line were both incomplete.

The biggest enemy Toei ever was to, was to Naoko Takeuchi because they and Kodansha got carried away with their rights and did not follow their contracts ( running everything by Naoko that was to be mass produced).

So if you are reading " Toei absolutely would not allow anyone Dub or Sub Stars all the way through into the 2000". That information is wrong. Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars was Subbed and Dubbed into a number of languages and Toei certainly wasn't yelling at every country on Earth " You aren't allowed to Dub or Sub into other languages!"

If you are still being fed that lie... that Toei STILL won't let anyone Sub or Dub Stars. Or if you are being lied to and told " Well since 200# they went back to not allowing Stars to be Subbed or Dubbed, they let up for a while.. and let some Countries do it but no new countries or languages can." That is also a lie,.. or rumor,.. or whatever you want to call it. Sailor Moon was just recently Subbed, Dubbed, and Airred into a few more languages. Most recently I noticed a couple languages in the Middle East.

Appearently,... the nutcases in America still don't believe we are ready for Stars. But the Middle East can handle Stars. Just a taste of how messed up we are here.

And we have some of the worst music and dub work. It's okay, I don't believe we are the worst. The worst to me was always the French version where they have a man singing to and about the powerful pretty little girls.

Here be Proof. Stars is even in Hebrew. The United States is alot worse then we know. But every country brain washes it's citizens.

Stars Opening
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yEMPFloJO4

Just to make it a little more clear this is on Children's Television in the Middle East... here's the ending with annoying little TV Ads.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kceXTqhz6qQ

Beloved Lunatic

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
I don't know how I would feel if Sailor Moon returned on Toonami. I don't think it would be a good move, with how old it is and how many other good anime series they could put in the time slots instead...

Then again, I've been reading that it's being redone, so... I don't know. If anything, they could give it a shot and see how it's received.

They just better not take off another good show. I loved Inuyasha, and they took it off! Big O was good, too, but they overplayed that years ago. cat_sweatdrop
Why would you want sailor moon?

Celestial Guardian

60,975 Points
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Budding Witch 250
Not sure how I'd feel if it was aired again. I know I was such a big fan of the anime and manga when Toonami originally aired it.
Even still have my massive scrap book of every single detail I'd find on the anime and manga where ever I went. But sort've moved on from that obsession.
Still have my little 'Moon' collection though.
Just if they are bringing it back, I may actually watch it again for old time's sake.
However hope they never actually go through the whole american live action series, EVER. Dx

<--

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
KaryuunoSamurai
Not sure how I'd feel if it was aired again. I know I was such a big fan of the anime and manga when Toonami originally aired it.
Even still have my massive scrap book of every single detail I'd find on the anime and manga where ever I went. But sort've moved on from that obsession.
Still have my little 'Moon' collection though.
Just if they are bringing it back, I may actually watch it again for old time's sake.
However hope they never actually go through the whole american live action series, EVER. Dx

<--

That was what Saban was going to release if they got their hands on the rights. They did that to alot of Anime and Live Action Japanese series. The only one to turn out popular that they touched was Mighty Morphing Power Rangers. Everything else was thoroughly ruined to the point you can't even remember them. There were other things that they did that weren't so bad but those they didn't use anything from the original Japanese.

HOWEVER! Kirsten Dunst, you may remember her as Mary Jane in the Spider-Man movies, wanted to be Sailor Moon in a Live Action. Disney bought rights in advance so anyone to make a Live Action would have to go through them. Gena Davis wanted a Live Action TV series of Sailor Moon in the US and was willing to pay for it. They had to film it in a Disney Studio and on Disney lots. Kirsten brought things from home to help decorate the bedroom scene. Gena Davis went through training along with others involved so that they could do fight scenes and use real weapons. So they began filming a Live Action. But one day they weren't allowed on the Disney lots. Disney suddenly wouldn't let them containue and didn't want the materials released that were produced so far. So Disney destroyed material and trashed the set. Meaning, they couldn't retrieve anything at all... not just film and costumes, but also things they had brought in to decorate the sets. Gena Davis was Queen Beryl in it, btw. She learned Archery along side making / working on the series.

I have no idea how that looked. I don't know how things went. The actors in it and people working on it were real and professional. They did try to get some things back but Disney screwed with them and literally trashed and throw away most things involved. I forget what other obscure Sailor Moon Rights Disney snatched up in anticipation it would be popular. But I know this wasn't the only thing that they used to control and destroy an American Sailor Moon project.

This is Kirsten Dunst. This was filmed after she had been working on the Live Action. This is before she is in Spider-Man.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj-F4OvzyLM

Kirsten Dunst before Sailor Moon airred in the US. Some people in interviews ( for many of her movies now) had/have said she was very good as screaming on cue.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIm8HfwnmVE

Random Screenshot of Queen Beryl
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m207/clover_09_2006/queenberyl.jpg

For some reason I had trouble finding good clips of Geena Davis. These are Deleted Scenes from Stuart Little. Geena Davis plays the adoptive mother of Stuart Little. The Live Action was worked on in the 90's, so this was filmed after she had worked on the Live Action.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2X_8_pSVKE

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces