Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
So far the line up is a couple of new anime (Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sin), and ones we're familiar with on adultswim (Bleach, FMA Brotherhood, Ghost in the Shell). So if Toonami were to add new shows to strengthen its line up, which do you think should be added?

Lonely Gaian

5,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
EUREKA SEVEN! EUREKA SEVEN! EUREKA SEVEN!

Shapeshifter

i want to see Baccano on Toonami. i'd like it to pull what Big O did and get enough support for another season to be made. i could definitely see the show being more popular in the US than Japan.

Darker than Black, Puelli Magi, and Fate Zero would also be cool.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
LokiLB
i want to see Baccano on Toonami. i'd like it to pull what Big O did and get enough support for another season to be made. i could definitely see the show being more popular in the US than Japan.

Darker than Black, Puelli Magi, and Fate Zero would also be cool.

It'd be a good idea to put up Darker Than Black. Who knows, if they havent dubbed season 2, then airing season 1 will surely bring up the possibility. As for Fate Zero... yes. Just yes. And maybe air Unlimited Blade Works if they want to put up an animated movie

Astral Cat

30,225 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Launch Party 100
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
I know there is plenty of New Anime, but in that slot or two for Old Anime they should go with Sailor Moon.

Sailor Moon was their highest rated show ( and some times the highest rated show on television in it's time slots).

Currently, companies are prepareing for Sailor Moon's return. It sounded like they might have been considering deciding between re-dubbing Sailor Moon or focusing on Pretty Cure. Since Sailor Moon items are being released and worked on, it looks like they picked Sailor Moon or decided to give it some attention.

Anime Network has ALOT of Anime. While they have it, Cartoon Network may not be able to show it. So when thinking of suggestions, scroll through Anime Network and make a list of Anime they do not have. Then take that compiled list and try to figure out what can be edited enough to hold up on Cartoon Network. That's the hard part, figureing out a combo where there won't be alot of blood or nudity... or atleast cutting it won't ruin the good parts.

I think that two shows they should add are Guilty Crown and Madoka.
Granted I know Madoka is pretty overhyped right now, but it would be a good fit into the block.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
I'd like to see Another added.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Nebulae Archmagus

Granted I know Madoka is pretty overhyped right now, but it would be a good fit into the block.

I don't know if Madoka would fit, just because it's a magical girl series and the majority of their anime seems to be more action-shonen oriented. (yes, I know they played Sailor Moon in the past)

Shapeshifter

kevin3485
Nebulae Archmagus

I don't know if Madoka would fit, just because it's a magical girl series and the majority of their anime seems to be more action-shonen oriented. (yes, I know they played Sailor Moon in the past)

but Madoka isn't exactly your typical magical girl series. xd it would fit right in with Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
LokiLB
kevin3485
Nebulae Archmagus

but Madoka isn't exactly your typical magical girl series. xd it would fit right in with Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins.

From the third episode alone, I know it's not your typical magical girl series. Still, considering Toonami is a more action based block, I don't think Madoka has enough action to fill a time slot. I love the anime...but I don't know if it quite fits. Just my opinion.

Shapeshifter

kevin3485
LokiLB
kevin3485
Nebulae Archmagus

From the third episode alone, I know it's not your typical magical girl series. Still, considering Toonami is a more action based block, I don't think Madoka has enough action to fill a time slot. I love the anime...but I don't know if it quite fits. Just my opinion.

it's got more action than Death Note, though that was Adult Swim and not Toonami. and it definitely has more or the same amount of action as .Hack//Sign.
maybe if they expand and get more of Saturday night for shows they could put it in a time slot. it's not the most action packed, but it still has some action.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
LokiLB
kevin3485
LokiLB
kevin3485
Nebulae Archmagus

it's got more action than Death Note, though that was Adult Swim and not Toonami. and it definitely has more or the same amount of action as .Hack//Sign.
maybe if they expand and get more of Saturday night for shows they could put it in a time slot. it's not the most action packed, but it still has some action.

If they put newer shows in the line-up, then I could see Madoka being on there. Toonami of old seemed to target the shonen audience, but Madoka definitely has it's place. It's hard to pick a good line-up that continues the Toonami legacy out of the anime in this generation...maybe Fairy Tail, Madoka, Funimation One Piece, and something else to fill in the line-up. There are a lot of anime that I'd love to see get attention, but I'm not sure if they're right for the Toonami line-up.

Salty Gawker

Nebulae Archmagus

Please don't. Too many sugar coated s**t out there already. and G.C. Turns into a massive hate rest early on. You don't want that killing factor now do you?
kevin3485
Nebulae Archmagus

Well it's got a darker tone than most magical girl genres. It's not all happy go lucky, I feel with the darker tone it would work.
Gunzstray
Nebulae Archmagus

Please don't. Too many sugar coated s**t out there already. and G.C. Turns into a massive hate rest early on. You don't want that killing factor now do you?

personally I enjoyed guilty crown. I respect your opinion but I know plenty of people who would enjoy watching it.

There were plenty of shows that were on toonami that I didnt enjoy but I didnt hate them because they were on. I knew they were for a different demographic and that other people enjoyed them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff