Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Prophet

5,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Signature Look 250
gum disease
I loved Deadman Wonderland, 'cept I watch it subbed. Was the English dub terrible, lol?
Kinda sucks though because Toonami used to be aired in the UK, but it stopped several years ago. I don't think it's coming back here. :c

The only part of the dub that was terrible was the main character Ganta's voice.
It was so nerdy and annoying that I almost didn't want to watch, and I love the series.
It sounded like the voice actor had a stuffed nose while he was recording all of Ganta's lines.

Distinct Elder

If the main character's VA pisses you guys off that much, I feel sorry for you. I didn't see a problem with it and I thought the show was really cool. Probably my favorite of the lineup.

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
I'd never heard of Deadman's wonderland - I was shocked when it got so gruesome so fast! It looks like it has some potential we'll see. Cashen - well, I had no clue what that was about!
am i smelling a troll or is it just me >_>

Mind-boggling Bookworm

Nyadriel
Dashing Valentine
It was so weird. When the woman said she had G tits I was like...really?!? Then I googled them and was like, BAHAH no she doesn't. I showed my Fiance over Skype and she does not have Gs. She was over exaggerating. Maybe Ds at best.

I'm hoping it will pick up with future episodes because it looks like an interesting storyline. I want to know more about why the candy has such power over the prisoners and why it must be consumed every three days.

@ emboldened: this is what I am thinking.

I kinda want to know myself as well...
i liked it alot - never heard of it before last night accidentally caught it waiting for FMAB - and toooonnnaaamiii is back!! yey!

if you didn't get to watch it you can catch a clip on adultswims website.

I like the little girl with the white body red tattoos reminds me of Kratos on GOW lmao!

2,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Dressed Up 200
Did anyone find it funny when they threw an egg at ganta and he just stayed sad?

Dedicated Collector

24,750 Points
  • Professional Decorator 250
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
Dashing Valentine
It was so weird. When the woman said she had G tits I was like...really?!? Then I googled them and was like, BAHAH no she doesn't. I showed my Fiance over Skype and she does not have Gs. She was over exaggerating. Maybe Ds at best.
Unless they're using Japanese sizes on the show. Their bra sizing system is weird.

User Not Authenticated
I'm still laughing about how Greg Ayres used his Jewish kid voice from Ghost Stories.
Can he even do any other voices? Seems like he always sounds like that, with minor pitch adjustments. I'm getting tired of it. yum_coldone

Anyway, this show is whack with poo-brain, but it's kinda fun.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
I dunno. It was okay for me. I wouldn't say that it was "Hilariously Bad" though.

Not a big fan of blood so, maybe I'll skip it.
Here's hoping that Toonami gets something more lighthearted.

Married Wife

16,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100
I'm going to watch both Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins becuase I've not seen either one before and I'm up to seeing new stuff. I was actually getting bored with seeing DRRR and Kekkashi rerun. Not that I hate them, but new things are good too. I do like the time shift for GITS: 2nd GIG and Toonami included Bleach and FMA:Brotherhood.
Gloomy Miss
B e g i n n i n g~

User Image User Image

This was my fear when they put it on Toonami.
Imo, the show was great subbed.
But then they butchered the dub.
Great, now everyones going to hate Deadman Wonderland..
._.

User Image User Image

~e n d

I completely agree. I loooved the subbed one and was glad when it was put on until I heard the VAs. X.x
Some of them were okay, but Ganta's was horrible.
People should def. watch it subbed instead. =/
Speedira Windira
Nyadriel
Dashing Valentine

I'm hoping it will pick up with future episodes because it looks like an interesting storyline. I want to know more about why the candy has such power over the prisoners and why it must be consumed every three days.

@ emboldened: this is what I am thinking.

I kinda want to know myself as well...

It's a really good anime. I've watched it subbed and trust me, it's much better subbed.
But if you don't like a lot of blood and gore then... you probably won't like it. ^^;;
Boadicia
I missed it last night. I've already seen Deadman Wonderland. Did they at least play the kickin' theme song?

Now that you mention it... no, I don't think they did. D'x
I really liked the opening, too. =/
xXBloody SecretsXx
Boadicia
I missed it last night. I've already seen Deadman Wonderland. Did they at least play the kickin' theme song?

Now that you mention it... no, I don't think they did. D'x
I really liked the opening, too. =/

Maybe it had too many shirtless scenes in it. Thank goodness for Crunchyroll.

Dedicated Lover

12,650 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
dreamsk
Horribly depressing. They might as well have put in Super Jail, at least that's violence that'll put a smile on my face.

I actually like Casshier due to is history.
Well life isnt all smiles and blond space twins all the time this anime is waayyy better then the crap fest known as super jail.(i love them both but the anime wins)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff