Welcome to Gaia! ::

Prince Ventus's Partner

Familiar Vampire

12,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did. At first I was thinking, "Oh great, another series that I just really don't think I'll bother with." I pretty much ignored it at first because the art style really didn't wow me. I then look up at the screen about 10-15 minutes later and find myself absolutely captivated by what was going on. I even stayed up to watch the whole thing when they showed it the second time. I really like it.

I'll never be able to get into Casshern Sins. I really find myself easily bored with mecha series. Plus, the little girl he was talking to looked really odd. I don't know, the characters designs just sort of creep me out. I think it's the eyes or something.

Omnipresent Loiterer

12,850 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
It wasn't as bad as it could have been. *imagines if 4Kids got the rights* The dub wasn't too bad...though, I would have preferred that they waited on making an anime until the manga was finished (it's missing a relatively important character).

Feline Mage

I'm still laughing about how Greg Ayres used his Jewish kid voice from Ghost Stories.

I liked the manga a hell of a lot better.

Hygienic Member

6,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
        In my opinion, this week's episode of Deadman Wonderland might be the most "leaving me hanging"-like episode, judging from the manga episodes I've read so far. It seems like it'll get more interesting than what it appears now. I love the plot and am willing to overlook the annoying voice they gave Ganta. I'm not sure what I thought of the part where the adults beat the crap out of him in the courtroom, though.

Anyway.
        Ignored Casshern Sins, even though I was tuned to it the second time it showed.

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Gloomy Miss
B e g i n n i n g~

User Image User Image

This was my fear when they put it on Toonami.
Imo, the show was great subbed.
But then they butchered the dub.
Great, now everyones going to hate Deadman Wonderland..
._.

User Image User Image

~e n d

"You are so right thats why I like the subs"

2,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
Fallen_Vampiric_Warrior
I was surprised that I liked it as much as I did. At first I was thinking, "Oh great, another series that I just really don't think I'll bother with." I pretty much ignored it at first because the art style really didn't wow me. I then look up at the screen about 10-15 minutes later and find myself absolutely captivated by what was going on. I even stayed up to watch the whole thing when they showed it the second time. I really like it.

I'll never be able to get into Casshern Sins. I really find myself easily bored with mecha series. Plus, the little girl he was talking to looked really odd. I don't know, the characters designs just sort of creep me out. I think it's the eyes or something.

"Then you'll hate Astro Boy, 009, Black Jack, And others like it...Too bad your lost"

Blessed Giver

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
I'm really disheartened by how many "anime fans" here know not of old-school Casshan.

Deadman Wonderland looks interesting, but the premise feels a bit boring to me.
main character had one of the most horrible voices ive ever heard.
instant turn off, and will probably skip it every week if the main character doesnt stop being such a whiny c**t.

Tricky Shapeshifter

12,800 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
Looks good, better than Casshern Sins at least. Going to keep watching it.

Watervoir's Husbando

Carnivore

I loved Deadman Wonderland, 'cept I watch it subbed. Was the English dub terrible, lol?
Kinda sucks though because Toonami used to be aired in the UK, but it stopped several years ago. I don't think it's coming back here. :c

A big part of me wishes they aired it subbed.

LanyaD's Husband

Heroic Hunter

34,765 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Trick or Treat 100
I actually find it amusing. I'll be looking forward to what will happen next.

Mafdet of Egypt's Husbando

Dapper Knight

6,300 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Married 100
Am I the only one who liked it? O-o Oh yeah, sad state of Gaians nowadays

Insularis's Waifu

Witty Phantom

Dashing Valentine
It was so weird. When the woman said she had G tits I was like...really?!? Then I googled them and was like, BAHAH no she doesn't. I showed my Fiance over Skype and she does not have Gs. She was over exaggerating. Maybe Ds at best.

I'm hoping it will pick up with future episodes because it looks like an interesting storyline. I want to know more about why the candy has such power over the prisoners and why it must be consumed every three days.

If you don't want a spoiler, don't read past this .

The collars the prisoners wear inject a lethal venom in them. To neutralise it, they have to consume candy, which is an antidote.
I missed it last night. I've already seen Deadman Wonderland. Did they at least play the kickin' theme song?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff