Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gwendilyne
Deznok
Gwendilyne
Deznok
Hyre Kimsas
Deznok
Sure i'm getting pretty nostalgic right now, but i'm not into the 2012 toonami hype these people are doing, dancing around like monkeys seeing the animes that they can stream easily on any website they can find.

It's NEW content for something people enjoyed versus what was happening on Adult Swim, which was either generic, cheap schlock like Kekkaishi or 'original' shows like Loiter Squad. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it's a shot at something better. Now either help it grow or don't, but I don't understand your hate for it.

I don't hate it, it's just not the same.

Nothing ever stays the same. All things change for worse or better. Toonami was brought back hastily so they had to scrounge up what they could for a line-up. When you automatically shut it down with no support it won't have a chance to get better. Cartoon Network will monitor how Toonami goes. If it goes bad they will cancel it again but if it goes good chances are they will fight to get better shows and the rights too them.

Yeah, i'v heard that Toonami has no budget at all at the moment. I'm fine with the shows and the line up, i'm not bashing them. Just the time. I want the new generation to experience what i experience when i was growing up as a child, coming back from school and seeing
miguzi then you see the spaceship and T.O.M afterwards.

Well that's never going to happen. We're no longer small children. As children we're far easier impressed. And we gotta face the fact that the Adult Swim people hate us. By us I mean anime fans. If it were up to Adult Swim they wouldn't air any anime and only those crap shows they make like Delocated. That's why Toonami was canceled. Because Adult Swim didn't want it anymore. They still can't stand the fact that Bleach & FMA get all the views on Saturday. So keeping Toonami will be a challenge since it's aired in Adult Swim air time and Adult Swim is the enemy. Which is weird because I remember when Adult Swim started is was mostly Anime like Gundam 0083, Candidates for Goddess & InuYasha. With a few shows like Space Ghost Cost To Cast & The Brak Show.

You're right, the kids of today only watches Sonny with a chance, icarly, big time rush and all that other garbage. The only thing new that has been cool recently is Adventure time/ regular show. So i guess Toonami demographics is not the anime community, but to the fans that tuned into toonami 4 or more years ago. I'v been watching toonami since i was like 6.

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Deznok
Gwendilyne
Deznok
Gwendilyne
Deznok

Nothing ever stays the same. All things change for worse or better. Toonami was brought back hastily so they had to scrounge up what they could for a line-up. When you automatically shut it down with no support it won't have a chance to get better. Cartoon Network will monitor how Toonami goes. If it goes bad they will cancel it again but if it goes good chances are they will fight to get better shows and the rights too them.

Yeah, i'v heard that Toonami has no budget at all at the moment. I'm fine with the shows and the line up, i'm not bashing them. Just the time. I want the new generation to experience what i experience when i was growing up as a child, coming back from school and seeing

Well that's never going to happen. We're no longer small children. As children we're far easier impressed. And we gotta face the fact that the Adult Swim people hate us. By us I mean anime fans. If it were up to Adult Swim they wouldn't air any anime and only those crap shows they make like Delocated. That's why Toonami was canceled. Because Adult Swim didn't want it anymore. They still can't stand the fact that Bleach & FMA get all the views on Saturday. So keeping Toonami will be a challenge since it's aired in Adult Swim air time and Adult Swim is the enemy. Which is weird because I remember when Adult Swim started is was mostly Anime like Gundam 0083, Candidates for Goddess & InuYasha. With a few shows like Space Ghost Cost To Cast & The Brak Show.

You're right, the kids of today only watches Sonny with a chance, icarly, big time rush and all that other garbage. The only thing new that has been cool recently is Adventure time/ regular show. So i guess Toonami demographics is not the anime community, but to the fans that tuned into toonami 4 or more years ago. I'v been watching toonami since i was like 6.

I like iCarly. It's the only thing with a humor close to that of old All That. It and Victorious. emotion_kirakira

Gwendilyne
Deznok
Gwendilyne
Deznok
Gwendilyne
Deznok

I like iCarly. It's the only thing with a humor close to that of old All That. It and Victorious. emotion_kirakira

Icarly's innuendos and hidden jokes are funny too, just the only thing that destroyed the remains of my childhood is Disney. The Disney channel in general. I like Disney/Pixar movies, but Disney Channel/ and Disney XD in 2010-now is pretty much the Joseph Stalin of television. Mostly every show is mostly the same and things that doesn't follow up to the new rules will get destroyed without warning.

Questionable Citizen

8,200 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
Deznok
Gwendilyne
Deznok
Gwendilyne
Deznok

Icarly's innuendos and hidden jokes are funny too, just the only thing that destroyed the remains of my childhood is Disney. The Disney channel in general. I like Disney/Pixar movies, but Disney Channel/ and Disney XD in 2010-now is pretty much the Joseph Stalin of television. Mostly every show is mostly the same and things that doesn't follow up to the new rules will get destroyed without warning.

Ugh agreed! Disney channel has been horrible. I stopped watching Disney channel all together when they killed ToonDisney and made that XD abortion. And with their new shows it like their trying too hard to be like Nick and copy iCarly.
Gwendilyne
Deznok
Gwendilyne
Deznok
Gwendilyne
Deznok

Ugh agreed! Disney channel has been horrible. I stopped watching Disney channel all together when they killed ToonDisney and made that XD abortion. And with their new shows it like their trying too hard to be like Nick and copy iCarly.

I miss Jetix with Digimon and Power Rangers.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
Red Umbra
CENSURE, CENSURE EVERYWHERE!
It was censored on Japanese TV too, so of course.

Bunny

42,575 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Never seen the show. From what I've read it's mostly blood and horror, right?

Yeah. Not my type at all.
I miss the light hearted shows of Toonami.

Invisible Phantom

Red Umbra
CENSURE, CENSURE EVERYWHERE!

epic sig.

Meniscus's Waifu

Magical Senshi

When they air one piece, it better be the unedited one or I will punch a child holding a kitten. emotion_donotwant

also i'm verrry cautious about them airing deadman. :c I watched the japanese version when it came out.

4nier's Husbando

Romantic Sex Symbol

12,775 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm excited for Deadman Wonderland, and after seeing the cast list, I'm curious to see how they pull this one off. It'll either be tragic or wonderful, judging by who's playing who. emotion_yatta

Astral Witch

31,700 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hunter 50
  • Miasmal Lake Visitor 25
Hyre Kimsas
Deznok
Hyre Kimsas
Deznok
ArmedDarkPanic
Tonight too. I'd never though I'd see the day. crying

Don't call that abomination "toonami". it's still Adult swim but idiots like you gets sucked into the nostalgia and the label toonami. When "toonami" airs on it's usual time from 5 to 10, then call me.

Sounds like someone doesn't remember Adult Swim started from Toonami's Midnight Run. It's got Steven Blum as Tom, so that's really all that matters. It's been less than 2 months since the damn April Fools day event that started this off, give it time
And for the love of anime, watch. It won't get better if they don't get money.

Well, i remember Toonami from that block, zach bell, naruto, samurai jack, rave masters. It's still in the relm of the adult swim anime block. But if things are still buzzing and Gurren Lagann is going to air, i might give it a go. Still, i'm pretty pissed that Toonami doesn't have the rights to Dragon ball z anymore because of Nickelodeon.

Much as I love Gurren Lagann, Never Gonna Happen. SyFy owns the right to air that.

And who's wearing Nostalgia Goggles now? DBZ was awesome. In the 90s. If you go back and watch it again? The art is dated, the stories are spread over hours of power up scenes, and the comedy doesn't hold a patch to what you got in Dragon Ball.
Gurren Lagann? we have that to watch on well here on gaia.

Noob

I will pee my pants the day DBZ comes back on television.

Until then, I'll waste more electrical energy and leave my TV on while I go to sleep. The more viewers, the better.

Noob

Monochrome Nightmares
I'm excited for Deadman Wonderland, and after seeing the cast list, I'm curious to see how they pull this one off. It'll either be tragic or wonderful, judging by who's playing who. emotion_yatta
You can also watch it on crunchyroll. It's good.

4nier's Husbando

Romantic Sex Symbol

12,775 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
VlVl
Monochrome Nightmares
You can also watch it on crunchyroll. It's good.

I don't see any of it on there.
Probably because FUNimation's dubbing it and they have their own on demand, channel, and website for streaming. I've seen the subbed; I just want to see what they're going to do dub-wise. I'm a bit iffy on the cast list, so I'm wondering if it'll be great or not. Hopefully they'll do it right biggrin

Noob

Monochrome Nightmares
I don't see any of it on there.
Probably because FUNimation's dubbing it and they have their own on demand, channel, and website for streaming. I've seen the subbed; I just want to see what they're going to do dub-wise. I'm a bit iffy on the cast list, so I'm wondering if it'll be great or not. Hopefully they'll do it right biggrin
Oh you meant the dubbed version...Never was a big fan of dubs.
4KIDS pretty much ruined them for me. -__-

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces