Welcome to Gaia! ::

Genius

I often have trouble finding time to work out mostly because I'm in pharmacy school so the workload is pretty intense. I have at least two or three quizzes/exams every week, so I usually study all day until about 4am and wake up whenever I need to to go to school (if I have to). This ends up making me feel really fatigued and tired so when I do have time to myself, I end up doing nothing but relaxing. I'm also recovering from a bad case of bronchitis, so I can't do intense workouts quite yet. How can I slowly get some exercise into my life? It's getting cold, so I don't really want to do any outside stuff and I don't like traveling to the gym, so anything I can do at home without much equipment would be best.

I'm kind of getting to that weight were your parents and family members are commenting about it and it's really getting to me, so even though I think I look fine with a little bit of meat, I still feel pretty self conscious and want to lose about 25lbs (I'm 5'2 and 137lbs)

Blessed Fairy

If you have an iPhone, there is a fantastic (free!) app called Teemo. You take a virtual tour of different places by doing simple exercises in your home. You can also invite friends to help you reach the goal. I don't know if it's available on Android, but there's probably something similar.

If you don't have a smart phone, you can apply the same principle during TV commercials! Pick some simple exercises and when the TV show goes to commercials, get up and do repetitions of one exercise per commercial. When the break ends, sit back down, drink some water, and rest up for the next set. smile
That's quite a tough schedule. Plus you can't really do hard stuff just yet.
I would just find some exercises you can do at home. Mostly cardio. It would be best if you had a tredmil at home and you can just jog and walk for like hours on it.
It's going to be hard to lose weight without some intense workouts.
And running outside and going to gym is really helpful.
So, you should probably cut your calories.
Take less than 2500 calories./

And yeah find stuff on the internet for some exercises and good luck.
I have a pretty crazy work/school schedule, so I understand how hard it can be to find the time to maintain a work out routine. When I am short on time, I usually look up quick videos on Youtube. Check out some beginners cardio videos. Most don't require any equipment so they can easily be done at home.
Like the above said, try to move during commercial breaks when you're home. Another thing I do is just walk/jog/run in place while watching tv if I don't feel like going out in the cold. ;o
You should check out this trainer on blogilates.com, she makes all these exercise videos for free ranging from 4 minutes all the way up to 30 minutes and also makes printable exercises as well. She has a beginner and advanced level as well and she's really motivational.

Invisible Cutie-Pie

10,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
You could stick to simple things like walking up and down the stairs as much as possible, doing push-ups and sit-ups at breaks, you could do planks while reading, also you could get small weights to play with while you study, I used to do that, it feels good and you're more alert for absorbing a bunch of knowledge :3 also, keeping a healthy diet and not snacking too much ( though its tempting)
You can go for walks while taking weights with you! (3lb or 5lb are good to start with!)
You're going to want to walk a bit fast to keep your heart rate up!

Once you're feeling better I'd recommend going for runs! There is no equipment needed (just shoes!) and you can do it ANYWHERE. Just be sure to be safe when doing road runs.

Running at the end of the day is a good stress reliever! Once you're done you can shower and collapse.

If you feel bad about taking a break from studying you can listen to lectures, notes while you run.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces