Welcome to Gaia! ::

So... after giving birth, a lot of the weight I gained was lost but I am left with loose skin not flabby but tons of stretch marks... I want to get my skin tighter again. I had forgotten to use lotion a lot of the time during pregnancy, which I regret now. I had not needed it before as much. My question is, What are good ways to tighten the skin again despite the stretch marks. Good exercises, lotions and more.

Lonely Star

8,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Cocoa butter I think.

5,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
i got lucky and didn't get stretch marks, but my stomach wasn't as tight as it had been.
One trick is when your in the shower alternate from warm to cold (as cold as you can) water.
let the warm water run for about 30 seconds and cold only about 10. Do that for a few minutes at the end of your showers and always end it with cold. Its just a little trick i learned on the internet smile

I've heard that lemon juice can lighten stretch marks also, just apply a small amount and let it dry (but some say that being in the sun with the lemon juice helps that much more)

Hope it works for you.
Ekko_Ashley
i got lucky and didn't get stretch marks, but my stomach wasn't as tight as it had been.
One trick is when your in the shower alternate from warm to cold (as cold as you can) water.
let the warm water run for about 30 seconds and cold only about 10. Do that for a few minutes at the end of your showers and always end it with cold. Its just a little trick i learned on the internet smile

I've heard that lemon juice can lighten stretch marks also, just apply a small amount and let it dry (but some say that being in the sun with the lemon juice helps that much more)

Hope it works for you.

thanks so much smile I will deffinatly try these I've never heard of them before, where did you find this stuff?

5,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
SWxAngel
Ekko_Ashley

Hope it works for you.

thanks so much smile I will deffinatly try these I've never heard of them before, where did you find this stuff?
i searching how to get firm skin. the lemon trick i learned when i was looking up how to brighten skin and scars.
About the scars...there are special scar cremes available actually..

Familiar Regular

4,200 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
carmelrain_v2
Cocoa butter I think.

Definitely coco butter. I would look for lotions to help deal with the stretchmarks. Your skin will never really be the same after you give birth. Exercising and living a healthy active lifestyle usually deters these aftereffects. Unless you can afford a tummy tuck, it's unlikely you'll get 100% back in shape. This however takes time. If you keep exercising and whatnot, your body should do just fine.

Dapper Dabbler

Palmers Cocoa Butter.
It's like $5 at Wal-Mart.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out