Welcome to Gaia! ::

i know this girl who says that smokin a bowl before going to the gym improves her workout and she's lost hella weight.

is that for real??

anyone have experience wit this?
The Filthy Hippie
i know this girl who says that smokin a bowl before going to the gym improves her workout and she's lost hella weight.

is that for real??

Ok I have heard of dis too
I would try it but I am already on a dorito fitness plan
Dat is where you dump a bag of nacho cheese doritos on da floor and da orange color makes you want to work out more
its like a color kind of thing, colorz effecting the brain
I would recommend you eat 1 dorito after your intense workout and seal da rest in a ziploc bag for reuse, dis weed thing would sound great with dat butt I dont wanna ******** up my work outz ya know?

5,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Im not sure, i smoked weed just about everyday for two years and i never once got the urge to get up and work out when i was high. maybe that's because i was a lazy stoner?
(i dont smoke weed anymore)

Smitten Nerd

7,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I cant see how smoking weed would make the work out somehow more effective. It could make the experience more enjoyable for her causing her to workout more?
I'm pretty sure some speed would be much more effective than weed

ninja
Well I know that after I smoke that a lot of the time I'm more motivated to work out so I guess yeah it does help you lose weight as long as you don't just sit around all day.

Conservative Browser

I have heard about this before as well. I had a friend in college that used to do weightlifting while on weed and he got pretty ripped in a few months. I believe he is still doing it, I think one of the reasons why it works is because you are not really thinking about the pain during the work outs. Another factor could be the type of weed you are smoking. There are two types of weed, indica and sativa. One makes you energetic and the other one is the most common one that makes you feel super relaxed. I attached a picture that tells you the difference.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
I luv to do mountain biking while high .<3 a 2 litter water container on back pack sum whole grain chocolate bisque and a can of tuna And my dog duke...

I feel like it makes more enjoyable the whole thing
Psychosomatic Dinosaur
I'm pretty sure some speed would be much more effective than weed

ninja

seems legit

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
That's because marijuana causes your heart rate to speed up for about 30 minutes, which increases your metabolism. It's not necessarily safe to work out within those 30 minutes.
The Filthy Hippie

is that for real??

I used to smoke, but I quit because it started giving me panic attacks. One thing I do miss is getting hella blazed, and then going to the gym. I could go so much harder and longer. I didn't get the munchies because I could only think about my jaw moving up and down, so I didn't actually eat much. The important thing if you do that though is to drink enough water-I'm sure you know that smoking will dehydrate you. I actually lost about 85 pounds, and while I'm not saying that was the ONLY reason why I was able to do it, it helped push me through workouts when I didn't feel like doing them otherwise.

Tipsy Fatcat

Lool I know that when I smoked weed I loved to walk and I was a bit more numb so I didn't felt the "burning" pain of walking for a long time. If you smoke weed, try it, you'll never know unless you try smile

Lucky Star

I used to smoke weed a lot. And I loved to workout after cause I wasn't one of those people who just smoked and layed around doing nothing. It was something fun and easy to do. I lost like 10lbs. But at the height of my pot-headed Ness I was taking adderall to pass college classes and spending my money on weed instead of food so it probably had nothing to do with the working out (I don't smoke anymore)

Dreamer

I don't smoke but I love running on the treadmill buzzed... It makes it more entertaining/less dreadfull especially with dat loud music.
That would be a pretty clever way to counterbalance the munchies...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff