Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Gaian

10,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
I have an odd boyfriend who absolutely refuses to drink water due to some childhood incidents; for short, water apparently makes him sick. He won't drink Gatorade/Powerade and right now his main drink of choice is just soda, which is no good!

What can I suggest to lead him into drinking water again?

Fashionable Hunter

Add honey, which is good for the skin. Though your boyfriend might not go for that, so I suggest having him drink more soup for meals, but to watch the sodium intake.

Bashful Bloodsucker

get him some crystal light or something like that

Friendly Gaian

10,050 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Thanks for the suggestions!
I am probably going to try Mio. He likes Kool-Aid, so I think it would be a good transition.

IDTS's Fav

Monarch

Try making a flask of green tea with honey, then letting it cool and eventually let it go cold over night, it works for when I want something with flavour and health benefits.

Demonic Star

I was never really into water either, but I did find an alternative in carbonated water. If he likes pop so much, maybe the carbonation will help.

Quotable Hunter

2,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
Wow some man. He gets sick of water? Sounds to me like he just doesn't like it and would rather get fat off soda because he doesn't care about his body

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Tell him to man the ******** up and drink water.

Dapper Gaian

3,500 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
I recommend having him take a bone density test. Soda is the bane of healthy bones. I know a girl, in her late teens, who broke her arm just by falling, and I'm sure it was because she drank soda like a beast.

If he cares at all about his quality of life, he should work out solutions to his no water drinking habit. Not to mention how lame is it to get to the emergency room cause of brittle bones at his age?

Timid Citizen

4,450 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
N o r d ii c
Try making a flask of green tea with honey, then letting it cool and eventually let it go cold over night, it works for when I want something with flavour and health benefits.

I drink green tea everyday and never once though of putting honey in it. Thank you for this!
unprocessed coconut water, its great for hydration. in some countries, if you are dehydrated but cant get to the doctor or hospital, they drink coconut milk. its also a good source of potassium. but most foods have water in them, so if hes eating 3-4 servings of fruit a day, and vegetables, he should be fairly ok. but soda really is a bad idea, but back to my main point, coconut water is an amazing substitute for water because its very hydrating, and tastes pretty good too. (its also natural, unlike all those water additives out there)

Tipsy Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Omg someone else who gets this? I get sick from water too. I get really nauseous and feel weighed down, but it's because water never feels like it quenches my thirst. So when I do start, I keep going and going and going. I can go through a 24 pack of water in less than three days. @_@

Maybe try ginger ale too? I see a lot of people saying tea and such already lol

I am stuck because I am allergic to tea, coffee, yeast, chocolate, and citrus. So that leaves me with soda, water, and ales. lol Milk makes me immediately puke so that's a no go either. :c

Lonely Star

8,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Trick him by filling up all the soda cans with water. classified_fu
Tell him to grow up and that it's all in his head. Water is essential for the survival of all living things. If he is absolutely certain he gets sick then he should see a doctor.

There is no proper substitute for water.
Also, if he drinks nothing but soda he is probably addicted to sugar. Because he is constantly spiking his blood sugar levels from every time he has a drink, his body is constantly needing to produce insulin. This not only can be causing him to gain weight but also be at high risk for developing diabetes. Perhaps a serious discussion about his health could convince him to find other, healthier beverages, like water and tea. (Juice is not necessarily a healthier option because it still contains a lot of sugar).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff