Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
King Robb Stark
that is a good tip i'm an emotional eater and it sucks. i do see a therapist though.

That's why I did this tip, I'm happy you shared that with me yesterday. Now I can help support you through the fight.

Dapper Raider

Hissori Purotekuta-
King Robb Stark
that is a good tip i'm an emotional eater and it sucks. i do see a therapist though.

That's why I did this tip, I'm happy you shared that with me yesterday. Now I can help support you through the fight.

emotion_brofist
thats why you're amazing you're always there for your friends. and i really need to start adding more fiber to my diet emotion_awesome

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
King Robb Stark
Hissori Purotekuta-
King Robb Stark

emotion_brofist
thats why you're amazing you're always there for your friends. and i really need to start adding more fiber to my diet emotion_awesome

^_^ My friends are important to me.
Yes you should add more fiber to your diet, when I help you clean out the pantry we'll go shopping for fruits and healthy snacks you can grab when stressed. ok?

Dapper Raider

Hissori Purotekuta-
King Robb Stark
Hissori Purotekuta-
King Robb Stark

emotion_brofist

^_^ My friends are important to me.
Yes you should add more fiber to your diet, when I help you clean out the pantry we'll go shopping for fruits and healthy snacks you can grab when stressed. ok?

sounds good to me.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
I just now saw this, darn Gaia..

Gloriech

Please don't be rude, Miss Esa was just trying to help you understand breakfast. I'm still unsure if you actually lose muscle mass, due to not eating breakfast, I think that's more along the lines of when you starve yourself.

Miss Esa

Thank you for correcting Gloriech.
Even though skipping won't slow down your metabolism breakfast is still important...I used to skip breakfast, but I would have a healthy brunch :p

Interesting Nerd

Hissori Purotekuta-

Thank you for correcting Gloriech.
Even though skipping won't slow down your metabolism breakfast is still important...I used to skip breakfast, but I would have a healthy brunch :p
I rarely ever eat breakfast, but I do have a low carb, low calorie snack around 10:30 am on the weekdays, and brunch around 11 on weekends. I wake up around 5 am every morning, drink a bottle of water and either go for a run or do pushups.
Breakfast has just never appealed to me, even as a kid/teenager.

Its getting close to spring so I like to go for a hike on the many trails that are in a conservation area thats in my town its exercise but it also destresses me Nature always destresses me and if you bring a friend and or a dog its like your not exercizing at all

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
J-Mizzle
Its getting close to spring so I like to go for a hike on the many trails that are in a conservation area thats in my town its exercise but it also destresses me Nature always destresses me and if you bring a friend and or a dog its like your not exercising at all

This used to be a favorite of mine, going on hikes with my dog. ^_^
Gloriech
di i say it increased your metabolism no so don't put words in my mouth. Skipping breakfast causes weight GAIN. When you skip breakfast and don't eat until lunch most likely you've gone 18 hours without eating, by that time your body goes into a starvation mode, it stores what you eat the rest of the day in the form of fat causing weight gain. If you continuously skip breakfast you're body will start breaking down muscle and fat alike for energy. You should really speak to a nutritionist.

I go ~16 or more hours a day (skipping breakfast on a daily basis) not eating anything at all, and I have yet to gain such weight as you describe. "Starvation mode" is entirely rubbish. You do not starve from skipping breakfast, you starve from going like 60 hours without food. At the 60 hour mark, that's when your body starts destroying muscle and storing fat like crazy. I don't think any nutritionist in the country would help you there. They're all stuck on this "eat 6x a day and go to the gym every day and don't eat fat" crap. 6 meals don't do anything for your metabolism, excessive workouts are detrimental to the health and muscles, and fat is an important macro you need to eat. Need I continue the criticism?

Hissori Purotekuta-
Please don't be rude, Miss Esa was just trying to help you understand breakfast. I'm still unsure if you actually lose muscle mass, due to not eating breakfast, I think that's more along the lines of when you starve yourself.

So long as you eat properly in your upcoming meal, it's won't hurt you, assuming you don't have a physically demanding job and you need food to keep your strength going. If you're like most sedentary people, I'm doubtful it would have an effect at all. The key to keeping muscles and fasting is to eat high protein/low carb after exercise/strenuous work. There's definitely going to be no effect if it's a once or twice deal.

Perfect Genius

Great thread ^.^
But... is it okay if I request fact-checking for the number one 'lie' in this article?

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
XunOnline
Great thread ^.^
But... is it okay if I request fact-checking for the number one 'lie' in this article?

Sure, I can check that for you know. ^_^

Perfect Genius

Hissori Purotekuta-
XunOnline
Great thread ^.^

Sure, I can check that for you know. ^_^

Thank you ^.^
Let me know what you find 3nodding

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
XunOnline

Thank you ^.^
Let me know what you find 3nodding

It is correct.
Your metabolism does not control your weight.
What controls your weight is how many calories you take in, and how many you burn. a.k.a. diet and exercise. Although some medical conditions, and "diets" do affect your metabolism causing you to gain weight. By "diet" I mean the starvation diet, if you starve your body your metabolism will store more fat to break down into energy later on. Your metabolism converts the food you eat into energy.
I hope this helped!

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
J-Mizzle
Its getting close to spring so I like to go for a hike on the many trails that are in a conservation area thats in my town its exercise but it also destresses me Nature always destresses me and if you bring a friend and or a dog its like your not exercizing at all

I hope you don't mind, but I added your tip to the front page. ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces