Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
i'm fifteen, my hair is dyed from a dark blonde to a dark chocolate brown color. my hairstylist uses this dye that puts nutrients in rather than strips hair of the color, so i don't need to worry about that! the dye she uses doesn't damage my hair, but rather, helps it!

my hair is about an inch past my shoulders when curly, and two inches when straight, i usually never straighten it, unless it's a school week, then i only straighten it two or three times per week, but i usually don't even straighten it that much.

i'd really like to make my hair softer, shinier, healthier, and most of all, longer. i wash my hair every other day usually, but i am trying to train my hair to go longer in between washes.

how can i get my hair to grow faster? any help would be greatly appreciated!
heart heart heart

Desirable Genius

9,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Try to tie your hair loosely if you can. If you pull on your hair too tightly it can break it. Washing your hair every other day is a good thing too, especially for colored hair smile

Washing your hair less means that the oils that are in your hair will do their job keeping it shiny smile

Another thing I recommend doing is try to use some kind of keratin oil or Moroccan argan oil for your hair.

I know that your hair is already healthy with the nutrients from the hair dye, but I don't know if your hair is fine or coarse, so some of the things that I'm telling you might not work... but if you feel some split ends, just rub in some of that oil that I mentioned already on the ends. It will help it temporarily if you can't go to the hairstylist right away :3

Another thing I would do is eat healthier, because your hair is a reflection of what you put into your body. Fruits and veggies = healthy shiny hair!

Hope that helps you and good luck!

8,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Oo_Aimless Wanderer_oO
Try to tie your hair loosely if you can. If you pull on your hair too tightly it can break it. Washing your hair every other day is a good thing too, especially for colored hair smile

Washing your hair less means that the oils that are in your hair will do their job keeping it shiny smile

Another thing I recommend doing is try to use some kind of keratin oil or Moroccan argan oil for your hair.

I know that your hair is already healthy with the nutrients from the hair dye, but I don't know if your hair is fine or coarse, so some of the things that I'm telling you might not work... but if you feel some split ends, just rub in some of that oil that I mentioned already on the ends. It will help it temporarily if you can't go to the hairstylist right away :3

Another thing I would do is eat healthier, because your hair is a reflection of what you put into your body. Fruits and veggies = healthy shiny hair!

Hope that helps you and good luck!

thank you so much!! i don't even know why i didn't think about the whole "eating healthier thing" haha! i appreciate the tips!

Wheezing Fatcat

- Don't dye your hair. Even with added conditioners, it harms it.

- Don't straighten or blow dry your hair, even with heat protectant sprays

- Get it trimmed every 3 months. Seems counter-productive when it comes to growing it out, but that is about how long it takes for the ends to split, and if you don't remove them they will split up the hair shaft, making your hair bad.

- Try to wash it as rarely as possible. Obviously don't let it get disgusting, but try to get to the point where you wash every 3 or so days. The more you wash your hair, the more oily it will become because you are removing those natural oils in the washing and so your scalp goes into over-production mode. If you deal with greasy hair for a few weeks, it will eventually stop producing so much, and you will be able to only wash it every 2-3 days without it being disgusting.

- When washing hair, be gentle-- only apply shampoo to your scalp, and massage, don't scrub. Do not apply any or rub past the scalp, the water running down your hair with the shampoo will give that enough of a clean, without drying it out.

- When drying hair, don't blow dry, and NEVER rub with a towel- squeeze gently. The rubbing of already weakened, wet hair makes it split and break like crazy.

- Never brush wet hair. The water softens it, and the wetness strengthens the tangles. You will rip out/break hair. Let it air dry and brush gently from ends working up.

- Buy good quality products, even if expensive. Invest in a morrocan oil, and a hair mask to use once a week or so. Go for deep conditioning treatments.

Dangerous Lunatic

Even a good hair dye can damage your hair- have you tried henna? You can mix it up with some water, put it all over your hair, and rinse it off after about 45 minutes. It leaves your hair soft, and it dyes your hair in the process. It's weird to have mud in your hair, but it's really nice afterward.

Also, I don't use normal conditioner, I just dump plain old vinegar on my head. Ever since I started, my hair has been silky-smooth. Just try it at least once, seriously. wink

ItsShaman's Wife

Blessed Genius

7,625 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Team Jacob 100
buy some cold pressed castor oil and extra virgin organic coconut oil. do hair treatments weekly.
castor oil is heavy, so mixing it with coconut oil is suggested. apply this to your scalp, massaging in circular motion, and then wrap your head in a warm towel and go to sleep. smile

Dapper Ladykiller

5,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Homemade Honey shampoo and Keratin

Anxious Strawberry

If you are looking for a shampoo/conditioner, use Mane and Tail.. Okay, i know it's weird because it's usually for horses, but so many people have used it that it is now at Walgreens and Target. It makes your hair soooo soft (especially the conditioner) and it grows super fast!!

Dapper Noob

Pretty much all of the above + take prenatal vitamins!

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Trim it every three to six months, don't dye it, don't straighten it, eat a healthy diet, take biotin.

Been doing this and my hair is down to my bum and it's so silky and thick.

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

catwifi
If you are looking for a shampoo/conditioner, use Mane and Tail.. Okay, i know it's weird because it's usually for horses, but so many people have used it that it is now at Walgreens and Target. It makes your hair soooo soft (especially the conditioner) and it grows super fast!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I second this. This stuff is amazing.

Ruthless Ladykiller

10,150 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Elocutionist 200
i'm sorry, but no hair dye is healthy for your hair, even if it has added conditioners in it. the one your stylist uses may be "better" in comparison to other brands, but it's not good for your hair in any way.

if you want your hair to grow longer, faster.

- don't dye it.
- don't brush it (just use your fingers to comb through it).
- try to only use shampoo every 3 days (and wash gently at the scalp only).
- use deep conditioning treatments at least once a week with natural oils in them (i saw a few people mentioned some earlier).
- don't use heat on your hair.
- air dry.
- drink at least 60oz of water a day.
- eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and protein.
- take supplements.
- trim your hair once every 1-3 months.

Eloquent Reveler

keep it away from heating products or use something that will protect it from heat before you use straightening iron. and don't comb or brush it when it's wet

Mega Mage

Since I started taking fish oil and just eating more fish during the week, my hair and nails have thanked me for it. Maybe it'll help yours out too!
CapnKirkk
i'm fifteen, my hair is dyed from a dark blonde to a dark chocolate brown color. my hairstylist uses this dye that puts nutrients in rather than strips hair of the color, so i don't need to worry about that! the dye she uses doesn't damage my hair, but rather, helps it!

my hair is about an inch past my shoulders when curly, and two inches when straight, i usually never straighten it, unless it's a school week, then i only straighten it two or three times per week, but i usually don't even straighten it that much.

i'd really like to make my hair softer, shinier, healthier, and most of all, longer. i wash my hair every other day usually, but i am trying to train my hair to go longer in between washes.

how can i get my hair to grow faster? any help would be greatly appreciated!
heart heart heart

You don't really train your hair.... The reason why your hair gets greasy is because your scalp is putting out more oils. While the oil is good for your hair, that's what makes it look greasy. Trimming your hair frequently can make it look healthier, only a few centimeters at a time. Take a vitamin E supplement if OK'd by your doctor. Leave your conditioner in for 5 or more minutes to make your hair softer and rinse out carefully, not removing all of it. I have silky soft, fast growing hair that I dye all the time, and no damage is present.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff