Welcome to Gaia! ::

i noticed that there alot about how to lose weight, but not much at how to gain weight so you can workout. alot of people with a (thin) status feels like its impossible to gain weight, but it is because they need fat to begin with. maybe a list of weight gainers would help.

for example: i use Serious Mass powder mixed with milk/water to gain weight so i can work out. 1250 calories and 4.5 grams of fat per serving with every single vitamin you need to survive with. it comes with 4 flavors that all taste great! chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and banana! put ice cubes in the blender and they are great shakes. only use it if your working out for a good hour though

not a very good topic i know, but im trying my best to help the thin ppl too
(_/)
(o.o)
('')('')
^(just cause i wanted to)
eating certain types of meat helps gain to..working out gives u weight in a good way.

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
I've been extremely skinny all my life and it's still hard to gain weight, but I usually try to drink (diluted) fruit juice instead of pure water. It's still more healthy than lemonade or similar stuff, but it has more calories than water. Milk (or soy milk as a replacement) works great too.

Apocalyptic Codger

19,050 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
My thyroid freaked out on me a few years back and I ended up loosing more weight than I felt comfortable with. Being cold all the time, feeling shaky, etc. was not pleasant.

I found that eating healthy snacks, such as peanut butter and apples, several times a day and drinking milk helped me gain/maintain the weight than just trying to eat more at a meal. I had been eating what I felt made me full before that so trying to increase the amount I ate at a meal just made me feel sick. Also some of the less healthy, but easier to gain weight with, foods made me feel sick so I tried to find healthier fats to focus on increasing.

The nice thing about gaining weight that way is it keeps blood sugar levels nice and even so that helped in the long term. My thyroid, I'm glad to say, finally got its act together and I was able to modify the method I used above to modify my caloric levels back to where they need to now be.

Also to all the skinny people out there, don't feel bad. Sometimes all it takes to make you feel a bit better about your skinny body build is to find clothes that flatter it more or take up an activity that works better when skinny. Same can be said with heavier people too.
Eat Big Lift Big. That is all you need to know to gain weight. Get off the treadmill and start lifting heavy weights.

4,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
who cares 8765
i noticed that there alot about how to lose weight, but not much at how to gain weight so you can workout. alot of people with a (thin) status feels like its impossible to gain weight, but it is because they need fat to begin with. maybe a list of weight gainers would help.

for example: i use Serious Mass powder mixed with milk/water to gain weight so i can work out. 1250 calories and 4.5 grams of fat per serving with every single vitamin you need to survive with. it comes with 4 flavors that all taste great! chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and banana! put ice cubes in the blender and they are great shakes. only use it if your working out for a good hour though

(_/)
(o.o)
('')('')

This is actually a good topic cause people always focus on lookin like barbie. They dont realize that people actually have problems with gaining weight. I'm actually here lookin for any advice for my fiance. I love her verry much but i really do worry about her weight issues she literally weighs 98lbs and skinnier than a rail.

Duleth's Partner In Crime

Monarch

Just watch calorie expenditure in ratio with calories consumed, if it's expenditure<consumed then you're on the right track to gaining weight. Ideally one should be aiming to eat around 3000 calories a day to gain weight. Try and stay away from any sorts of sugars and 'white' carbohydrates as they only get stored as fat, but a little amount of fat is a good thing so don't worry about avoiding fats altogether. Red meats are the best bet for healthy weight gain.
The only way I have ever been able to gain weight is simply by exercising a lot. As we all know muscle weighs more than fat. I've tried everything else and alas this is all that works for me. Sorry I could not be of more help!

Inkisitor Jester's Partner In Crime

Sparkly Fairy

10,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Megathread 100
Go to McDonalds everyday.

Quotable Hunter

2,850 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
If its fat you want, eat everything in front of you.
If not, well...you're going to have to work a lot harder

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
who cares 8765

(_/)
(o.o)
('')('')

Dude. ******** the powder. It has a ton of calories but it's not a good source of them because it's heavily processed. Plus, it costs a lot. You can achieve the same through whole foods. Gaining weight is extremely simple in theory: just eat more. Now whether the weight gain is fat or muscle will depend on what you are eating and how you are training.

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
Monster Pup
who cares 8765

(_/)
(o.o)
('')('')

Dude. ******** the powder. It has a ton of calories but it's not a good source of them because it's heavily processed. Plus, it costs a lot. You can achieve the same through whole foods. Gaining weight is extremely simple in theory: just eat more. Now whether the weight gain is fat or muscle will depend on what you are eating and how you are training.

You are smart Monster Pup! And I like what Kittykatgorawr have said too.

By all means, if anyone wants to gain weight, gain good weight from eating more amount of healthy good nutritious food (veggies and fruits), not by eating bad fat that clog up your arteries under your skins! You surely want to gain weight not decreasing your lifespan heart

Invisible Friend

Eat a lot of dairy products
potato chips
red meat
and beer.

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Sorry for everyone who says that gaining weight is pretty easy and you just have to eat more, but that's not true. As some of you stated above, it's mostly about what you eat. Most people who are seriously underweight have a different lifestyle and metabolism than people who are obese.

So, besides saying that you should take in more calories (without eating a lot more but instead trying to find foods that are "dense" in calories and nutrients), a few hints on how to do that without actually noticing:

- drink fruit juice (real juice, not syrup/cordial/stuff like that) or milk instead of plain water. Both have more calories and even though fresh juice naturally has a lot of sugar, there are still enough nutrients to make up for that.
- eat creamy soups instead of those that are watery. If you don't like creamy soups, try to add a few spoons of oil to the kind of soup you prefer.
- take some home-made snacks with you wherever you go. They're more healthy and cheaper than the stuff you can buy. Eat those snacks whenever you feel a bit hungry. Or see something expensive that would taste good. Even though places like McDonalds look like they are cheap and provide you with a lot of calories, their foods don't have a lot of nutrients and are, if you keep the quality in mind and calculate, quite expensive.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff