Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Sophomore

7,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Clambake 200
Well, maybe not rock hard. But nice. emotion_awesome
this works for me, but i'm a 5'4 Brasilian who plays volleyball for about 5 hours a week, so... Maybe it'll work for you, maybe not.
Because in volleyball you don't really get the tummy, but more the arms and legs toned, I asked my coach what would be good for abs, because I'm very self conscious about my bellyfat x)
She told me a bunch of things, varying around a bajillion reps of squats, etc.. but I have a fifteen minute ab exercise. (for guys, you could probably just double it. so when i say a five minute exercise, just assume i mean 10.)

You can do it anytime, but I like to do it at night before i take a shower/go to bed. Start off with just doing five minutesworth of a plank. A plank is like when you're doing a push up, except your hands are folded ( http://img4.cookinglight.com/i/2009/03/0903p52a-plank-l.jpg?400:400 ) this helps in toning your shoulders and your abs. This is the hardest part.
Then do five minutesworth of sit ups. You can do orthodox sit ups, or unorthodox. I like to do a mix of orthodox and unorthodox, but pick your pleasure.
Then, my favorite part, drink green tea. Seriously, the stuff boosts metabolism like a horse eats hay. And yoga's really good too, but i'm not going to teach you how to do yoga! Go youtube it. biggrin

And help me with my quests!

Kony 2012 http://youtu.be/Y4MnpzG5Sqc
Gaia quest http://tektek.org/avatar/48491194

Widow

Dedicated Regular

34,115 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Megathread 100
User Image
My shadow cast before me,
I walk inside your circle.

Those are really great tips! I love green tea! Do you have any suggestions for someone who has weak knees? ._.

Protect me, correct me.
You got your orders, soldier.

Distinct Sophomore

7,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Clambake 200
Jera Audron
User Image
My shadow cast before me,
I walk inside your circle.

Those are really great tips! I love green tea! Do you have any suggestions for someone who has weak knees? ._.

Protect me, correct me.
You got your orders, soldier.

definitely an elliptical. The flats are easy on your knees. and swimming, of course, since it's like the whole-body workout. Oh, and bicycling can give you epic legs without pressure on your knees.
BTW, don't ever do weightlifting, that's like all on your knees. Hope this helps! 3nodding

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
For part of my physical therapy for my torn hamstring, I was put on a bike for 20 minutes, then switched to a different more horizontal one. So I'm not sure that biking would reduce pressure on your knees, although I didn't feel any, but it could help strengthen them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff