Yes, 1 a week 0.2258064516129 22.6% [ 7 ]
Yes 2-3 times a week 0.54838709677419 54.8% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 31 ]
1 2 >

6,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I dearly need tips or hints, not tricks or gimmicks, on getting fit and healthy.

Soon in going to join the Navy and I'm in no physical condition to do so.

Things about me:
I only weigh 120Ibs- so yes im very small and I dont mind gaining weight as long as its muscule and not fat. I'm only 5'3"
I am a vegetarian, No fish or chicken. I dont understand how people can call themselves vegetarians but still eat fish and chicken.
I dont currently eat breakfast but always lunch and dinner. So 2 meals a day.
I wear 10Ibs. weights on my ankles at all time for a week now. Total-130Ibs
I have just stopped drinking sodas; I only drink teas, Usually black or green but somtimes I drink: Rooibos, Blooming, Chai, Mate, White, and Herbal.
My stanima is very high but im sorta lazy.

Please help me by giving me your exercise routine or your healthy meal recipies.

6,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
?

Here are my questions that I have thought of. They will become cyan when I have accepted an answer. Please still answer them in your opion even if their cyan.

Is it necessary to kill yourself at the gym to get fit?

How often should one exercise?

Could one work out at home without the equipement of the gym but get the same results?

Are there exercises that give better results than others?

Is there good and bad times to snack? (My aunt and uncle have a personal trainer and she told them that snacking should be avoided)

Does the hours you sleep affect your stanima?

Does yoga help being fit?

(Because I'm a vegetarian) Does that affect my ability to build muscle?

Is it a good idea to take a protien supplements such as Sythe6 or nutrient suppelemnts such as VI-Shape to become fit?

Could one get fit only by running or is it necessary to do other exercises in a workout as well?

How does eating or not eating breakfast affect your weight? (In other threads there is a lot of controversy about this)

Why do you need to cleanse your liver to stay healthy?

What can you do to cleanse your liver?

How is water important?

What are some good foods to eat?

Other Tips on Training?

How do the quick fixes in getting ripped work?

6,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
My Findings- Curtesy of you.

Is it necessary to kill yourself at the gym to get fit?
"You don't need to knock yourself out at the gym unless you want, but as long as you're pushing yourself, you'll be good." "Lift weights like a man and take in lots of protein." "Eggs, protein shakes, more protein shakes, nuts, beans, those good things."
-iDream version 2

What can you do to cleanse your liver?

"The Vitamin A in carrots can even help cleanse your liver."
-Hissori Purotekuta- From her thread Tips on staying healthy

"Green Tea- The antioxidents can remove the bad things from your body so your liver doesn't have to work as hard"
-Cookie12345678

How does eating or not eating breakfast affect your weight?

"to help you lose or maintain your weight, you need a healthy nutritious breakfast."
"having a healthy breakfast can reduce your hunger later in the day, and keep you from looking for a quick fix, like a fast food joint or vending machine snacks." "A healthy breakfast can even help you make healthier snack choices along with providing you with more energy, to stay active!"

How is water important?

"It's important to stay hydrated, especially while exercising. Mild to moderate dehydration is marked by a dry mouth, thirst, tiredness, and dry skin along with other things. Severe dehydration is a medical emergency, marked by confusion, dizziness, lack of urine, and among other things extreme thirst." "women need about 2.2 liters and men need about 3 liters, daily."

"Staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water, will make life easier for your kidneys"
Crud3 From Healthy Fact Of The Day

"not many people know how good water truly is for your body, it can help prevent kidney stones."
-Hissori Purotekuta- from Healthy Fact Of The Day

"Drink a lot of water." "Have mostly water, and if it bores you, squeeze some lemon or lime in it."
OV8ION From his thread The Basics

What are some foods to eat?

"Bananas contain a high dose of potassium - an essential ingredient to keep your heart and nervous system in good shape." "as well as several other health benefits."
-Miss Esa From her thread Healthy Fact Of The Day

"Avoid overdoing sugar and eat more vegetables." "keep desserts and sweet snacks to a minimum." "such as baby carrots and celery sticks"

"considering you do need some salts in your diet, don't be afraid of having beverages with electrolytes (Powerade Zero)" "Don't ONLY have water if avoiding sodas or coffees or sweet tea."
-Cecilia Wolfram Davidson From The Basics

How Often Should one exercise?

"About a half hour, three times a week, of walking or other moderate exercise should do a lot for sedentary people."

"Be sure to eat, wait atleast 30 mins, and then start your routine!" "Do this atleast 2 times a week, with 3 day rest periods"
-Ghaudly From his Thread Energy and Strength Increases Weekly

Is it a good idea to take a protien supplements such as Sythe6 or nutrient suppelemnts such as VI-Shape to become fit?

"Yes, It's important to take some sort of protien from protien powders or bars to get protien and enhance your ability to build muscle. This is especially true is you are a vegetarian and dont get much protien from your diet."
-Cookie12345678

"Right now I like Oh Yeah! Bars" ("amount of protein at 28 grams)" "and Body Fortress Peanut Butter Chocolate powder" ("offers 54 grams per two scoops)"
-Hey Hey Beautiful From her Thread Protien Supplements

"Don't use the body fortress. Your body can only absorb 30% of the protein in it. I'd recommend Muscle Milk. It tastes a whole lot better and your body can absorb roughly 85% of it as opposed to 30%."
-Akriltoh from Protien Supplements

"i use raw vegan protein. you can find it in most health food stores"
-Yogurto from Protien Supplements

Other Tips On Training.

"WITHOUT REST, YOUR MUSCLE WILL NOT HEAL, WITHOUT A SUPPLE NUTRITION; YOU WILL NOT GAIN MUSCLE!"
-Crud3 from Energy and Stength Increases Weekly

6,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
iDream version 2
Lift weights like a man and take in lots of protein. You don't need to knock yourself out at the gym unless you want, but as long as you're pushing yourself, you'll be good.

What would you suggest for protien? and how much protein?

6,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
iDream version 2
cookie12345678
iDream version 2
Lift weights like a man and take in lots of protein. You don't need to knock yourself out at the gym unless you want, but as long as you're pushing yourself, you'll be good.

Eggs, protein shakes, more protein shakes, nuts, beans, those good things.

Thank you.
If I may ask one last question. You dont have to answer if you dont know or dont want to.
Is there a bad side effect from having too much protien in your body?

Interesting Nerd

* Combine exercises, and don't do the same routine day after day after day. Switch it up.

* Drink lots of water.

* Tea helps curb appetites, though keep the sugar to a minimum. A full glass of water also helps with this if you drink it right before your meal.

* Make sure to get enough sleep. Being well rested helps your body in more ways than just being alert.

* Not only does exercise improve your body, it helps your mental function. Exercise increases energy levels and increases serotonin in the brain, which leads to improved mental clarity, and that makes for a more productive day.

* Be positive!

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
If you're looking for advice on a routine I would recommend you ask Ghaudly. He has some very nice muscles wink ...and gives top notch advice.

If you haven't seen this thread yet, it's specifically for people to post their favorite protein supplements.
Long term high protein diets are still being studied for it's affects on your health, this article was written by a Registered and Licensed Dietician. My brother is one of the buffest people I have ever met and even he only does a high protein diet for about 5 months. He is in the Air Force.

Be sure to stay safe and hydrated while you train, you don't want to get injured or fall ill.
Kudos on joining the navy, my father was in the Navy. He traveled everywhere even Mesopotamia! Actually most of the men in my family are Military and/or police.. 3nodding

6,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Hissori Purotekuta-
If you're looking for advice on a routine I would recommend you ask Ghaudly. He has some very nice muscles wink ...and gives top notch advice.

If you haven't seen this thread yet, it's specifically for people to post their favorite protein supplements.
Long term high protein diets are still being studied for it's affects on your health, this article was written by a Registered and Licensed Dietician. My brother is one of the buffest people I have ever met and even he only does a high protein diet for about 5 months. He is in the Air Force.

Be sure to stay safe and hydrated while you train, you don't want to get injured or fall ill.
Kudos on joining the navy, my father was in the Navy. He traveled everywhere even Mesopotamia! Actually most of the men in my family are Military and/or police.. 3nodding

Thats pretty cool. I havent joined yet. The recruiter advised me to get fit before I join. I guess he felt bad because I'm so small. lol.
Im actually looking at Ghaudly's thread now. I already have a quote from him.
Even my brother takes protien supplements and went to the gym and after only 4 months he was, I dont know, Thicker. He was aways a big guy but now he had muscle. Mostly in his upper torso area. All of my family is quite large, brother- 275ibs Dad-260ibs Mom- 270Ibs. All of these are estimations but I feel so weak and tiny here with them. So Im going to train get strong in the Navy and travel the world; which is what I always wanted to do. Im hoping to get stationed in Japan.
<edit> About the off thread sites. Id really like to stick to the things Gaians say on this site instead of going off to another to get information. I want to keep a thread that advises Gaians from the advice of Gaians. I may change my mind in the future so Thank You.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
cookie12345678

Thats pretty cool. I havent joined yet. The recruiter advised me to get fit before I join. I guess he felt bad because I'm so small. lol.
Even my brother takes protein supplements and went to the gym and after only 4 months he was, I dont know, Thicker. He was aways a big guy but now he had muscle. Mostly in his upper torso area. All of my family is quite large, brother- 275ibs Dad-260ibs Mom- 270Ibs. All of these are estimations but I feel so weak and tiny here with them. So Im going to train get strong in the Navy and travel the world; which is what I always wanted to do. Im hoping to get stationed in Japan.

Yeah my brother was husky, but after he joined JROTC and RAIDERS, he started working out and taking supplements. All of a sudden BOOM he was buff...
Japan seems like a wonderful place to get stationed, such a pretty country. I hope you receive some good advice and reach your goals. emotion_bigheart Good Luck!

6,850 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Hissori Purotekuta-
cookie12345678

Even my brother takes protein supplements and went to the gym and after only 4 months he was, I dont know, Thicker. He was aways a big guy but now he had muscle. Mostly in his upper torso area. All of my family is quite large, brother- 275ibs Dad-260ibs Mom- 270Ibs. All of these are estimations but I feel so weak and tiny here with them. So Im going to train get strong in the Navy and travel the world; which is what I always wanted to do. Im hoping to get stationed in Japan.

Yeah my brother was husky, but after he joined JROTC and RAIDERS, he started working out and taking supplements. All of a sudden BOOM he was buff...
Japan seems like a wonderful place to get stationed, such a pretty country. I hope you receive some good advice and reach your goals. emotion_bigheart Good Luck!

Thank you very much.
My friend is already stationed there-Hes with the Airforce.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

6,950 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
cookie12345678

Thank you very much.
My friend is already stationed there-Hes with the Airforce.

I swear there is something wrong with me. Anytime someone says they know a person in the Air Force, the first thought that crosses my mind is "I wonder if they know my brother"..Like every Airman knows him xp

Ursine Comrade

cookie12345678
iDream version 2
cookie12345678
iDream version 2

Eggs, protein shakes, more protein shakes, nuts, beans, those good things.

Thank you.
If I may ask one last question. You dont have to answer if you dont know or dont want to.
Is there a bad side effect from having too much protien in your body?

Only if you have kidney damage already. That old belief about protein damaging kidney is based on a study done using people with prior kidney damage if I recall correctly.

If your kidneys are healthy, having more protein than you need is better than having less protein than you need. The excess will just be treated like any other energy molecule(carb, fat) essentially, except it doesn't trigger nearly as big of an insulin response as an equal amount of carbs would, meaning it's better for the people who want to lose fat or have diabetes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff