Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey everyone!
I decided to make a thread to push people to reaching their goals to being healthy.
Personally, I want to go back to a size 10 (currently size 18 )
&& hearing positive encouragement helps.
It's kinda hard to believe it though when you're friends are
size 10 and smaller.
So this thread is for the people working towards their personal goals
to talk about the issues, get some tips, & get someone to say "i understand".
This is a stress free & happy place, so no
bullying or negative vibes will be allowed.
If this thread gets big I may even do a weight contest where you win gold
every week for people that really love gaia.
Let the fun begin!

Hallowed Lunatic

As much as people tell me that I'm fine the way I am, it's not that I think I'm fat that makes me want to lose weight and such.

I do not think I am fat.

I am just plain ol' tired of not being able to put on a bathing suit or even get undressed in front of other people comfortably. I want to be able to run and not be pooped, and I just want to be fit.

Honestly I think it's the constant push of people's own goals and how often they talk about it that helps them stay motivated. Even if you just say "I will get fit, I am going to eat better and exercise" to yourself each day it's a hell of a lot more motivation than not saying anything at all.
I am struggling with making it to the 100 calorie loss mark on the stationary bike at my gym. I can only make it to a max of 6 minutes on that thing, and then my legs give in. I need to try harder!!!!!!

However, I do enjoy using the treadmill. My comfortable speed is 4.1 ( I am quite short.....)

Recently had a go on the recumbent bike. I really enjoyed that one, and I was able to do 10-15 minutes on it with minimal problem. But, does anyone have an experience using those things? Since the term "no pain, no gain" hits home to me, and the recumbent bike isn't really pushing me ( though i have it on high tension) I don't know if I'm going to get results after using it for awhile?

Anyways, I'm 20 and weigh 127.6 pounds, and my goal weight is 120. But it seems like its taking forever. I really want to get in shape because of peer pressure and to boost my confidence.
Vlll
As much as people tell me that I'm fine the way I am, it's not that I think I'm fat that makes me want to lose weight and such.

I do not think I am fat.

I am just plain ol' tired of not being able to put on a bathing suit or even get undressed in front of other people comfortably. I want to be able to run and not be pooped, and I just want to be fit.

Honestly I think it's the constant push of people's own goals and how often they talk about it that helps them stay motivated. Even if you just say "I will get fit, I am going to eat better and exercise" to yourself each day it's a hell of a lot more motivation than not saying anything at all.
I totally agree. Like my mom ALWAYS tells me "You have to start somewhere babygirl. Just a pound at a time." You have the best motivation. Yourself. You can never complete your goals unless it's for you. What I did was buy a size 10 dress from Holister and hung it on my wall. Everyday before I workout I stare at that dress, I will fit in it! biggrin Just keep up the good work!
Thyme to Shine
I am struggling with making it to the 100 calorie loss mark on the stationary bike at my gym. I can only make it to a max of 6 minutes on that thing, and then my legs give in. I need to try harder!!!!!!

However, I do enjoy using the treadmill. My comfortable speed is 4.1 ( I am quite short.....)

Recently had a go on the recumbent bike. I really enjoyed that one, and I was able to do 10-15 minutes on it with minimal problem. But, does anyone have an experience using those things? Since the term "no pain, no gain" hits home to me, and the recumbent bike isn't really pushing me ( though i have it on high tension) I don't know if I'm going to get results after using it for awhile?

Anyways, I'm 20 and weigh 127.6 pounds, and my goal weight is 120. But it seems like its taking forever. I really want to get in shape because of peer pressure and to boost my confidence.
The last few pounds are ALWAYS the hardest ones. It's like a tease! If you aren't getting enough results then you probably need to work on some other part of your body. Fat is stored in many a place. Taking Ballet this year in college has taught me that there are muscles that I didn't even know existed. Try working a different part. Plus drink A LOT of water. smile Those few pounds may just be water weight,
Dr_Rainbow_Bright
Thyme to Shine

The last few pounds are ALWAYS the hardest ones. It's like a tease! If you aren't getting enough results then you probably need to work on some other part of your body. Fat is stored in many a place. Taking Ballet this year in college has taught me that there are muscles that I didn't even know existed. Try working a different part. Plus drink A LOT of water. smile Those few pounds may just be water weight,

Yeah no kidding. Ballet sounds like fun, though!! And concerning the water weight, even if I lose it by going in a sauna, if I drink afterwards, I'll regain it. sad
Thyme to Shine
Dr_Rainbow_Bright
Thyme to Shine

Yeah no kidding. Ballet sounds like fun, though!! And concerning the water weight, even if I lose it by going in a sauna, if I drink afterwards, I'll regain it. sad
Well do you drink alcohol a lot? That is so many calories! My friend caught out alcohol completely and she dropped 20 pounds real quick. &by the water weight you don't do the sauna silly. smile That's just a quick fix. Your body is mostly water (duh you know that) and our water stores itself in pouches in us if we don't drink enough because its saving it as a just in case situation. If you drink a recommended amount of water by your doctor (depends on the person) then you won't store the extra water (hence water weight). I am trying to switch sodas with water and it's helped plus it helps with me being not so wired then mad tired.
Within the last three years I've dropped from 135 pounds to 116! I'm still trying to get down to 110 (I'm a very small person so it's not like I'm trying to get to an unhealthy weight). Now that I'm not doing karate anymore I'm thinking about becoming vegetarian because I'm not as concerned about taking in enough protein. I do a lot of musical theater and would like to become more healthy because my dream is to be on Broadway. I have this great book of vegan recipes and my cast mates of the last show I was in loved my Vegan Root Beer Float cupcakes! If you have any advice on losing that last five pounds, that would be great!
Alice the Skeleton Queen
Within the last three years I've dropped from 135 pounds to 116! I'm still trying to get down to 110 (I'm a very small person so it's not like I'm trying to get to an unhealthy weight). Now that I'm not doing karate anymore I'm thinking about becoming vegetarian because I'm not as concerned about taking in enough protein. I do a lot of musical theater and would like to become more healthy because my dream is to be on Broadway. I have this great book of vegan recipes and my cast mates of the last show I was in loved my Vegan Root Beer Float cupcakes! If you have any advice on losing that last five pounds, that would be great!
Well first off I want to say I am so very proud of you!!!!!! Second being vegan you will still need to take protein supplements and other medication because your body still needs it. Without you can get extremely sick and no one wants that. I know what you mean about not being able to do karate but find a way to get exercising. Even if its just going for a run with your dog anything helps. Once you stop fitness activities your metabolism slows down and that wiill not help losing that little bit. Try taking out any drinks that isnt plain ole water. Even juices nowadays has a lot of sugar. Also make sure your fitness plan is varying. If you keep doing the same thing your results will lessen. If those are ones you already do tell me and I'll give some more ideas, but keep up the good work.
Dr_Rainbow_Bright

I still work out everyday. I dance, I walk my dog, I do squats and crunches. My main concern about becoming even vegetarian is that a few months ago I went to the doctor and she said I was at risk for anemia. I've been taking good care of myself by eating healthy and staying active. But thanks! It feels good knowing that I've been able to drop down to a healthy weight and I'm just trying to avoid gaining it back.
Alice the Skeleton Queen
Dr_Rainbow_Bright

I still work out everyday. I dance, I walk my dog, I do squats and crunches. My main concern about becoming even vegetarian is that a few months ago I went to the doctor and she said I was at risk for anemia. I've been taking good care of myself by eating healthy and staying active. But thanks! It feels good knowing that I've been able to drop down to a healthy weight and I'm just trying to avoid gaining it back.
The anemia thing is tricky one way to help do nottake drugs that thin out your blood (example baby aspirin) and take the recommended meds to be vegetarian. Try it a month and check with your doctor. Inthat short span you can decide if vegetarian is a thing you want and its long enoughto see how it will affect your body. Worse case scenario is you can't do it. The key is to just remember all the reasons why you got fit. I look at older pictures or try on an old pair of jeans. Its a reminder and a lil boost of encouragment at the same time.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff