Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, as of right now, I'm 14, weighing around 218.
That's- That's a horrible weight to weigh at 14, period.
It's higher than people twice my age and are overweight.
Now, I understand what I need to do to weigh less, I just don't have enough motivation to do it. Having photos of skinny ladies or gentlemen (I would like to crossdress, so seeing fit men would have the same effect on me) on my phone or compter doesn't help motivate me to wanna look like that. Reminding myself I am an unheathy young girl, who has a whole life ahead of me and being fat isen't gonna help doesn't give me much motivation either.
I wanna look nice in my eye, not so much in other peoples eyes. I do care about how people see me, it's just, I mainly wanna look better for myself and feel better for myself.
I can't even run to my living room and back to my room without having to sit there for a few seconds trying to catch my breath. It's sad.

So, I came here to ask people what's some good ideas for motivation?
I can get up and go work out, I can stop dranking soda and drank water, it's just I don't have enough motivation to do it.

I really wanna know what motivates you guys to maybe try to achive their goal?
Sweetie, I hate to tell you this, but your motivation HAS to be you. Everything else is inspiration. Find a group (if your conscious, a small, understanding group) to work out with. You will find that the "buddy system" was taught to us for a reason. Find a supportive group of people, or start one if you have to. Talk to your school's physed teacher.

You sound like you may have that fun case of teenage depression. Kill your carbs, start taking omega vitamins, and find someone to talk to. That keeps me down on and off.
Sweetie, I hate to tell you this, but your motivation HAS to be you. Everything else is inspiration. Find a group (if your conscious, a small, understanding group) to work out with. You will find that the "buddy system" was taught to us for a reason. Find a supportive group of people, or start one if you have to. Talk to your school's physed teacher.

You sound like you may have that fun case of teenage depression. Kill your carbs, start taking omega vitamins, and find someone to talk to. That keeps me down on and off.

Quotable Genius

NO Teddy Hates You
So, as of right now, I'm 14, weighing around 218.
That's- That's a horrible weight to weigh at 14, period.
It's higher than people twice my age and are overweight.
Now, I understand what I need to do to weigh less, I just don't have enough motivation to do it. Having photos of skinny ladies or gentlemen (I would like to crossdress, so seeing fit men would have the same effect on me) on my phone or compter doesn't help motivate me to wanna look like that. Reminding myself I am an unheathy young girl, who has a whole life ahead of me and being fat isen't gonna help doesn't give me much motivation either.
I wanna look nice in my eye, not so much in other peoples eyes. I do care about how people see me, it's just, I mainly wanna look better for myself and feel better for myself.
I can't even run to my living room and back to my room without having to sit there for a few seconds trying to catch my breath. It's sad.

So, I came here to ask people what's some good ideas for motivation?
I can get up and go work out, I can stop dranking soda and drank water, it's just I don't have enough motivation to do it.

I really wanna know what motivates you guys to maybe try to achive their goal?

Hi there, may I suggest you move over to my topic after I try and break this down for you if you have any further questions? Alright, well, I'll be the first to tell you that you are not alone. There are many people out there who have had it worse than you and ended up looking amazing. May I suggest looking at before and after pictures of people on the heavier side? I guarantee you that will make you get up and motivate you because seeing someone else do it, makes you want to get up and do it. Instead of looking at skinny, teenage models to try and "motivate" you which are actually bringing you down, look at transformation photos and/or videos.

Another thing that will help motivate you is to set yourself a long term goal, whether it be a weight, running longer for a certain amount of time, not eating anymore snacks or fatty foods, anything. Once you have that goal, you have to slowly get yourself into the habit to achieve that goal. Once you get into the habit, just turn your brain off and become a robot is what I always say. It doesn't matter how you feel at that point because you set out to reach that goal.

Do not call eating healthier a diet. I want you to make it a lifestyle, I want it to become second nature to you. That way, it doesn't seem or sound like such a hassle to do. You definitely want to cut out a lot of foods that are loaded with sugar such as; cake, soda, pastries, and sweets in general. You should begin to read the nutrition facts on everything you consume to keep track of the sugar, carbs, fats, proteins, and calories.

What I would suggest you do is pick up a workout regimen that you could do at work. Maybe Zumba to start? And as you progress you can go on to the more difficult instructional videos such as P90X, P90X2, and Insanity. Make sure you start off slow, do not try to get ahead of yourself but make sure you are working. Push yourself a bit because the only easy day was yesterday.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff