Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Lunatic

6,000 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm pretty average, but I reeeaally want to cosplay this year in an outfit that sports a bare midriff. I'm not fat, but I feel the need to look and feel leaner and healthier, but I'm not sure what to work on everyday.

Shirtless Prophet

do this at least 10 times a day, everyday.

Dapper Codger

6,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
Here are some legitimate questions before I can make any kind of suggestions:

Generally what do you eat right now, and how much of it?

What type of fat(oil) do you cook with?

What do you do for exercise as of now?

What kind of snacks do you eat, do you snack?

What kind of job/lifestyle do you have?

Dapper Codger

6,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
Appreciated

Are you serious? Loliimi gave no indication that she was in great shape (the kind of shape you would need to be in to do that workout in the first place, the core strength needed is pretty significant) starting out. Not being fat =/= great shape. Not to mention, working out just one part of your body for an extended time every day with no rest will just lead to muscle breakdown instead of increased health.

Shirtless Prophet

Kenji Wolf
Appreciated

Are you serious? Loliimi gave no indication that she was in great shape (the kind of shape you would need to be in to do that workout in the first place, the core strength needed is pretty significant) starting out. Not being fat =/= great shape. Not to mention, working out just one part of your body for an extended time every day with no rest will just lead to muscle breakdown instead of increased health.

She said she's average and just wants to tone up a bit to fit into an outfit. She's probably not looking for a life changing makeover, buddy.

Dapper Codger

6,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
Appreciated
Kenji Wolf
Appreciated

She said she's average and just wants to tone up a bit to fit into an outfit. She's probably not looking for a life changing makeover, buddy.

"I feel the need to look and feel leaner and healthier."

I beg to differ.

Shirtless Prophet

Kenji Wolf
Appreciated
Kenji Wolf
Appreciated

"I feel the need to look and feel leaner and healthier."

I beg to differ.

You quoted her and bolded some words. Umm ok? I did not tell her to strictly do that only and nothing else. I did not give her an entire meal plan either. Why are you nagging at me bolding the word 'healthy'? I did not tell her to go eat a pack of gum or punch herself in her stomach when she is hungry. I simply gave her an idea to tone up her body a little so she could maybe incorporate some of these moves into her gym routine. I honestly don't know why you're bashing me.

Dapper Codger

6,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Wall Street 200
Appreciated
You quoted her and bolded some words. Umm ok? I did not tell her to strictly do that only and nothing else. I did not give her an entire meal plan either. Why are you nagging at me bolding the word 'healthy'? I did not tell her to go eat a pack of gum or punch herself in her stomach when she is hungry. I simply gave her an idea to tone up her body a little so she could maybe incorporate some of these moves into her gym routine. I honestly don't know why you're bashing me.

The only bashing I did was to the suggestion that she do that routine ten times per day, everyday, which is extremely unhealthy. I said what I needed to, corrected you, and I'm done. This topic is not about you, or me, so I'm not going to hijack it. Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

Shirtless Prophet

Kenji Wolf
Appreciated

The only bashing I did was to the suggestion that she do that routine ten times per day, everyday, which is extremely unhealthy. I said what I needed to, corrected you, and I'm done. This topic is not about you, or me, so I'm not going to hijack it. Thank you for your time. Have a great day.

It's ten minutes long. You can split that in half: 5 minutes in the morning and 5 minutes at night.

Romantic Lunatic

6,000 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Kenji Wolf
Here are some legitimate questions before I can make any kind of suggestions:

Generally what do you eat right now, and how much of it?

What type of fat(oil) do you cook with?

What do you do for exercise as of now?

What kind of snacks do you eat, do you snack?

What kind of job/lifestyle do you have?

These questions are greatly appreciated.

I work in housekeeping at the university. I'm on my feet and walking at a relatively quickened pace for eight hours a day, 5 days a week. I'm bending over, scrubbing, picking up and moving rugs and boxes, vacuuming, mopping, I think you get the jist of my line of work. It's relatively active, basically.

I just recently bought myself a george foreman, so whenever I get chicken I strictly grill it. Any other way and it tastes funny, in my opinion. I can't afford much, so I mostly eat starchy foods like rice and beans. I eat out of small Tupperware bowls, roughly larger than my fist. I do have a multivitamin, as well as a vitamin for b-complex. And I drink at least a liter or two of water a day.

At this moment, I'm only getting exercise when I'm working. I'm going to join up for a gym so I can do some workouts, but I need to know what I can do each day before I start. I certainly don't want to walk in without an attack plan.

Most of the time I don't snack much, but when I do it's a chocolate here and there. I try to refrain from eating too many sugary foods, and I mostly just stick to apples if I'm feeling munchy.
How much time are you willing to go to the gym?

How many days a week are you willing to go?
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/womens-body-bible.html

I used the workout set out on this website, its amazing, I'm so much stronger yet I look thinner than before! Weights dont bulk at all!

Dont ready all the crap about the supplements tho, I never did, its a waste of money!
Yes yes, a lot of my lady friends have been focusing on cardio aspect but over the last few years they have started doing free weights as well, it's not wrong for a female to lift weights. But to keep something routine for your I'd suggest:

Cardio > Weight Training

It'll tone things up, you'll see it and it's pretty much easy to do, can do it at home or at the gym and it's something to start with instead of doing one thing at a time. I do a lot of Circuit Training, it keeps my heart beat going and there is little rest, after a half hour I feel like I want to collapse, in a good way not a bad way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff