Welcome to Gaia! ::

I just found this forum on gaia, and thought I'd share my tips with you whee

I put my success solely down to counting calories. And it's not as difficult as it sounds! I still eat all my favourite foods just less of them, and healthier alternatives. If I know I'm going to be going out for dinner later, I eat less in the morning. I use the app 'MyFitnessPal' and it is absolutely wonderful, it even has a barcode scanner that you can use to scan in your food. 1,200 is the minimum amount of calories you can eat a day, so if you want to loose a pound a week I'd recommend 1,200-1,400. I've been on 1,200 (with a few cheat weekends when I went home!) for about three ish months and it's working out great for me smile Just plan in advance!
As for toning up I find squats are really helping me get a great a**! biggrin

Any other questions just ask me! I hope this advice helps even one person, and that I've posted this in the right place! 3nodding
omg i use myfitnesspal too biggrin
it really helped me open my eyes to the crap i was putting in my body. I've been using it for the past few months and slowly i've changed my eating habits :3

congrast for llosing weight biggrin how long did it take you? :3
P0cky_Panda
it really helped me open my eyes to the crap i was putting in my body. I've been using it for the past few months and slowly i've changed my eating habits :3

Yeah I never realised how bad some things were, a chocolate milkshake is almost as much calories as I'd eat for dinner!
I've been losing weight for three and a bit months, maybe four? I'm not at my target weight yet but hopefully will in the next two months if I'm really strict with my diet whee
Add me on mfp if you like - it's yumyumhelen smile
DanceFloorDate
P0cky_Panda

Yeah I never realised how bad some things were, a chocolate milkshake is almost as much calories as I'd eat for dinner!
I've been losing weight for three and a bit months, maybe four? I'm not at my target weight yet but hopefully will in the next two months if I'm really strict with my diet whee
Add me on mfp if you like - it's yumyumhelen smile

That's amazing that you've lost 18 pounds. I wish I'd been that successful, but it's taken me a long time to change my eating habits alone. Plus with school I haven't had the motivation to keep going with running D:
Wow, congratulations! That isn't easy to accomplish, thanks for being an inspiration. smile

Ladykiller

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Clambake 200
Hey congratulations! 18 pounds is quite an impressive number. All I want to add is that I hope you (and everyone else) knows that there's a lot more to it than just counting calories
MYFITNESSPAL IS MY b***h <3

Fashionable Member

5,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Wow. surprised Nice. Congrats ! Thanks for the tip

IRL Bit

14,325 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Buggin' 500
  • That One Hero 500
While I need a new phone I can't afford an extra $30/month or $360 a year, plus an additional $200 to start with for an iPhone. No job, and I'm going to college.
I'll see what I can do to watch my calories closer. I usually hang around 2100/day. Dropping it down is probably more of a deal of just restocking my family's fridge with decent stuff.

Devoted Streaker

9,650 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Timid 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Holy crap 18 pounds?! Congratulations, you deserve it!! e_e I lost 10 pounds so far using myfitnesspal as well, though I can't testify to how much its actually helped...o: Its set for 1200 on mine, but i end up with around 700 a day after exercise...and half of the foods I eat don't actually show up on it ^^;

6,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
bns_jck
While I need a new phone I can't afford an extra $30/month or $360 a year, plus an additional $200 to start with for an iPhone. No job, and I'm going to college.
I'll see what I can do to watch my calories closer. I usually hang around 2100/day. Dropping it down is probably more of a deal of just restocking my family's fridge with decent stuff.

My Fitness Pal (and I'm sure other apps like it) has a website you can use instead, if you're interested. I think you can customize things more on the website as well. 3nodding

@OP: I'm glad the app helped you a lot, because I just started using it to help me out so this is good to hear. I like how it keeps track of more than just calories so I actually have an idea of I'm getting enough vitamins or if I'm eating too much sugar and such.

Congratulations on your weight loss!

IRL Bit

14,325 Points
  • Harvest Hazard 500
  • Buggin' 500
  • That One Hero 500
AkioMaster
bns_jck

My Fitness Pal (and I'm sure other apps like it) has a website you can use instead, if you're interested. I think you can customize things more on the website as well. 3nodding

@OP: I'm glad the app helped you a lot, because I just started using it to help me out so this is good to hear. I like how it keeps track of more than just calories so I actually have an idea of I'm getting enough vitamins or if I'm eating too much sugar and such.

Congratulations on your weight loss!
I actually just signed up for that site on Monday. XD

Benevolent Ladykiller

thanks OP I've been looking for something like this.

Also Bravo on losing 18 pounds!

Friendly Smoker

8,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • Megathread 100
I started using my fitness pal and keeping my calories down and I have lost 10 pounds so far! I kinda started falling off latley though, I need to get back on eating right and workng out everyday like I was before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff