Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello! My name is sheli, and I really want to start working out. I just don't know where to start. Does it matter what order you go in? For the exercise wise?
Just a little information about me.. I'm about 120 ish 5'8" and I'm looking to gain muscle and tone my body. I just don't even know where to start cause its overwhelming. Some tips on slowly converting to healthy eating lifestyle would be good too.
Every tip is much appreciated!

ShakeZor's Waifu

Big Trash

This may not apply to your situation because I started exercising during treatment from an eating disorder, but I'll let you know how I started and all that.
Eating: I've seen this a lot, and this applied a lot to me but maybe not so much to you, eating is a huge huge step towards health. Eating a SNACK before and after your work outs. Something small like blueberries and almonds before, then chocolate soy milk and an apple after. Boosting your metabolism around work outs helps a ton with muscle toning. The rest of your meal plan is up to you, and it does help to brainstorm meals in advance. Make sure you eat breakfast, too! Even if it's something light like a smoothie or a protein shake from the grocery store.
Exercise: Working out is mostly dependent on time and motivation. Make sure you know why you want to start working out and that you stick with it! What I do is I try to go for a walk every day, do calisthenics at home 3 days, and then go to the gym for elliptical/treadmill one or two days during the week. For calisthenics> make sure you're doing strength trainers for abs, thighs, and arms. For cardio> remember to stretch first! Also, a suggestion for the treadmill: don't start with running or jogging right away. Power walking, walking at an incline, and speed intervals are just as fantastic for your heart and muscles.
Hope this helped smile Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces