Welcome to Gaia! ::

I used to be over 160 pounds overweight.

I am down to only 20 pounds over my ideal.

I didn't exercise.

I became vegetarian <3

I also cut out processed foods (especially sugars).
I would try that but I love chicken too much,.
sad
But, I want to lose weight so badly,.
Mitsukkii
sad

Then my suggestion is to go semi-vegetarian.

Go veggie for the most part, and have a "cheat" day where you eat chicken.

I'd say try grilled chicken instead of fatty versions like fried.

And, try to go for raw veggies as much as possible.

You'll definitely have some results <3
Dark_Aoekae
Mitsukkii
sad

Then my suggestion is to go semi-vegetarian.

Go veggie for the most part, and have a "cheat" day where you eat chicken.

I'd say try grilled chicken instead of fatty versions like fried.

And, try to go for raw veggies as much as possible.

You'll definitely have some results <3

Thank you!!! (:
Mitsukkii

Thank you!!! (:

No problem <3 also, I'm told burner king's veggie burgers kind of taste like a spicy chicken sandwich xD

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

I definitely can't get full veggo.
I mean, if there was a vast shortage of meat (and people probably started eating each other), I would happily live on just vegetables, but for the moment I cannot and will not go cold turkey.
Even if I've seen all those slaughterhouse documentaries (thanks, high school).

What kind of food plans do you go by?
Also, do you go to discount stores, or is there any main chain (like Sprouts) that you shop at?
I seriously don't want to stock my house with veggies when they cost both my buttocks to buy them. XD

Oh, and if you mention buying seasonal items, I know. Get the seasonal things.
castigat ridendo mores
I definitely can't get full veggo.
I mean, if there was a vast shortage of meat (and people probably started eating each other), I would happily live on just vegetables, but for the moment I cannot and will not go cold turkey.
Even if I've seen all those slaughterhouse documentaries (thanks, high school).

What kind of food plans do you go by?
Also, do you go to discount stores, or is there any main chain (like Sprouts) that you shop at?
I seriously don't want to stock my house with veggies when they cost both my buttocks to buy them. XD

Oh, and if you mention buying seasonal items, I know. Get the seasonal things.

I'm a firm believed in letting my body talk to me. If I'm hungry, I eat. If I crave something sweet, I'll eat fruit, or recently, an orange-cranberry-sunflower butter wrap with honey.

If I want protein, mixed nuts, etc.

I usually buy my food from the average grocery store. Veggies are WAY cheaper than meat if you buy the ingredients yourself and make things, but the prepared vegetarian food in stores are less healthy and cost much more than they should.

You also have the most control over what you're eating if you buy the ingredients.

Some things are more expensive, or more effort, but most things are cheaper.

Some advice...try sunflower butter. Tis much healthier than peanut. But if you hate sunflower seeds, or are allergic or something, or love peanut butter. Get the kind you have to stir. It's more effort, but it won't clog up your veins with hydrogenated fat.

I was the same way. I was staunchly against going veggie, really attached to eating meat and the PETA videos, though they pulled at my heart strings, didn't faze me. I agreed to be vegetarian for three days, and by the end I realized I really didn't miss it all that much. I'm kind of an animal person, so the guiltless feeling of a meal which didn't kill anything, combined with some really great vegan and vegetarian meals led me to continue being vegetarian. Well, that and the immediate healthy feelings. I was really unhealthy, didn't exercise, barely even walked to the fridge if I could help it. But once I went veggie I had energy, things didn't exhaust me anymore, and I could feel the vitality come back.

Even if you don't go full veggie, though, I am absolutely sure that you'll have results by being vegetarian most of the time, except for one or two cheat days a week. Even one veggie day a week probably makes a difference if it's health food.

And if you ever want some recipes, just tell me and I can post some here or pm them, whichever you prefer.

Inkisitor Jester's Partner In Crime

Sparkly Fairy

10,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Divorced 100
  • Megathread 100
I've lost 20 (lbs) without needing to exercise. I cut out fatty foods and make sure a third of my meals are at least vegetables or fruit. I can eat as much as I like and still lose weight. (:
Studio Ghibli Tales
I've lost 20 (lbs) without needing to exercise. I cut out fatty foods and make sure a third of my meals are at least vegetables or fruit. I can eat as much as I like and still lose weight. (:

Yeppers. I can eat all day long, not exercise, and still lose weight if I'm only eating veggies smile
You go girl! Ive switched a lot of the foods I used to eat for handmade, I go for the freshest ingredients I can get and controll what goes into everything I eat, I was never really able to drop much weight by excercise alone but now that I'm doing this I'm losing weight faster than ever and I have a lot more energy and it feels like my body is just working how it should be smile
biobunny1
You go girl! Ive switched a lot of the foods I used to eat for handmade, I go for the freshest ingredients I can get and controll what goes into everything I eat, I was never really able to drop much weight by excercise alone but now that I'm doing this I'm losing weight faster than ever and I have a lot more energy and it feels like my body is just working how it should be smile
Yeah, that's a good description. "My body is working the way it should be." after becoming vegetarian, I didn't just lose weight. Quickly, my health improved, my energy improved, and my quality of life improved. It's nice to be able to do things without getting out of breath, to stand up all day without strain. I really like it.

Congrats on your own results smile tis a wonderful thing to be able to lose weight when you couldn't before. I was the same way, exercise all day long, hardly any results. Go veggie for three days, average a pound per day (though that weight partially came back as I gained muscle). I'm about half the size I used to be. Kind of makes me want to go vegan xD

Sarcastic Demigod

I looooove Sunbutter (sunflower butter). I work at a school and we've cut peanut butter (any peanut product) out because there are so many kids (and even adults) that are deathly allergic to nuts (just smelling it). It's so yummy.

ANYWAY! I applaud you for being able to go vegetarian. I admire anyone who can do it because I definitely could not. I love my meat too much and my veggies not enough! It's just not the life for me.

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
First of all well done! Just saying if you gave up the other 2 bad things (for human) from animals - eggs and cow milk

you would have lost even more overweight pounds rofl

But it's a good start, keep going. That's what I am saying - bad things out, good shape in without workout everyday rofl

Friendly Gaian

10,225 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Dark_Aoekae
I used to be over 160 pounds overweight.

I am down to only 20 pounds over my ideal.

I didn't exercise.

I became vegetarian <3

I also cut out processed foods (especially sugars).
Congrats on the weight loss.
Hachiorsan
First of all well done! Just saying if you gave up the other 2 bad things (for human) from animals - eggs and cow milk

you would have lost even more overweight pounds rofl

But it's a good start, keep going. That's what I am saying - bad things out, good shape in without workout everyday rofl

Yeah, I've been thinking about going vegan. My sister is vegan too, so she's been working on me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff