Thank you smile

Benevolent Entrepreneur

13,750 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Contributor 150
  • Profitable 100
Dark_Aoekae
Hachiorsan
First of all well done! Just saying if you gave up the other 2 bad things (for human) from animals - eggs and cow milk

you would have lost even more overweight pounds rofl

But it's a good start, keep going. That's what I am saying - bad things out, good shape in without workout everyday rofl

Yeah, I've been thinking about going vegan. My sister is vegan too, so she's been working on me.

That's amazing! I am so happy for you and hope you will continue to lose those excessive weight 3nodding Your sister sounds awesome 3nodding
Hey I was thinking about going vegetarian. I don't eat a lot of meat as it is and if I do its because I am craving protein or chicken.

Do you know of some information you would pass to someone who is interested. What does an average day of food look like. I also need things that are fast and easy for I am always on the go.

Attacking Fatcat

27,050 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
It's so hard to cut out all processed foods, especially complex carbs like bread and cereals. Does milk and stuff like that count as processed? I mean, it IS processed, but it's not changed from it's original state? What about vitamins?

Fashionable Phantom

Dark_Aoekae
And if you ever want some recipes, just tell me and I can post some here or pm them, whichever you prefer.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Would you mind posting some recipes? I would love to see some. I love grilled chicken so much but I would love to see some veggie recipes. c:

Invisible Lunatic

Love is pain

~ I've been needing to lose weight for a long time. I'm probably 100lbs overweight than my ideal.. probably more by now. I lost weight my senior year (dropped 4 pants sizes )and I was feeling GREAT. Though, at the time I was having health problems to where any food especially dairy would make my day hell. So I was eating dry cereals (cheerios), crackers, apples, and tortilla chips. Then I'd work out once or twice a week at the gym, usually more but I was actually starting to feel good about myself for once. I just really need to try that. I'm not sure if I should go back to that diet so I might try going vegetarian.... Idk I need to do something and soon.

Pain is love

Newbie Noob

Good for you!

Now I'm wondering if it took a lot of changes or if it was really difficult for you. Switching to vegetarian and everything. I have a friend who's vegetarian and she says it's really up to what you like.

For me, I just can't get away from meat no matter what. I tried once and never tried again. Hehehe.
slapthefatcat2
It's so hard to cut out all processed foods, especially complex carbs like bread and cereals. Does milk and stuff like that count as processed? I mean, it IS processed, but it's not changed from it's original state? What about vitamins?

I personally wouldn't consider it a processed food, but I know some raw vegans who would say it definitely was. I didn't cut out bread, though I don't eat as much milk or cheese as I used to. Vitamins you can get naturally pretty easily with a mindful diet. And you can pick up natural vitamins in the stores if you want to go the nonprocessed route. But I usually just get my vitamins from diet.

Transparent__Thunder
Hey I was thinking about going vegetarian. I don't eat a lot of meat as it is and if I do its because I am craving protein or chicken.

Do you know of some information you would pass to someone who is interested. What does an average day of food look like. I also need things that are fast and easy for I am always on the go.

This is Exodus
Dark_Aoekae
And if you ever want some recipes, just tell me and I can post some here or pm them, whichever you prefer.

Would you mind posting some recipes? I would love to see some. I love grilled chicken so much but I would love to see some veggie recipes. c:

My average day of food is very variable based on what I am particularly fond of at the moment. i tend to eat a lot of falafel, some hummus, and a raw vegan kale wrap recipe, which is super easy and is as follows:

Whole grain Tortillas
Sunflower butter (or almond, or cashew. I'm not a fan of peanut butter, it's kind of unhealthy)
Kale
Onions (optional)
Tomatoes
Sesame Oil

Mix tomatoes, onions, and kale in large bowl. Drizzle sesame oil on top, mix and toss like salad.

This mixture can be stored in your refrigerator, and on the go prep is minimal: spread seed or nut butter on tortilla, place kale mixture on top, fold in burrito-like fashion. Done <3

A great vegetarian, pretty healthy desert is cacao powder mixed with honey and coconut butter. It can be spread on crackers, tortillas, bread, fruit, whatever.

Numbed_Ignorance
Love is pain

~ I've been needing to lose weight for a long time. I'm probably 100lbs overweight than my ideal.. probably more by now. I lost weight my senior year (dropped 4 pants sizes )and I was feeling GREAT. Though, at the time I was having health problems to where any food especially dairy would make my day hell. So I was eating dry cereals (cheerios), crackers, apples, and tortilla chips. Then I'd work out once or twice a week at the gym, usually more but I was actually starting to feel good about myself for once. I just really need to try that. I'm not sure if I should go back to that diet so I might try going vegetarian.... Idk I need to do something and soon.

Pain is love

You totally should. My dad tried being vegetarian for eight days, and he lost a pound a day. It's been really effective for the people in our family.

Fashionable Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

I definitely couldn't go vegan, although I did do a two day a week flush that didn't have meat in it for a while until my body didn't register it. It just stays at a weight and doesn't gain or lose xD.

I have considered taking out wheat and unnecessary sugars for a period of time to see if I can get results that way, but I find I cheat out a lot. redface

I do exercise regularly, which is helping me stay at a reasonable weight. I only have to lose 20 pounds, but it's damn daunting rofl

At least I look fairly healthy that I can feel confident in a two piece bathing suit for the cruise I'm going on in 10 days XD

TL;DR
However it works for people, they definitely gotta go for it 3nodding Glad that method worked for you!

Tipsy Dabbler

6,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Congrats!

I can't go veggie, I get really sick if I go too long without meat. >_<;
Migraines, nausea, 'tummy troubles'. lol I have cut down a lot though.

But congrats for you! I'm glad to hear it worked out! A lot of vegetarians get really moody though, has that happened to you? :c [I hope not. ;3;]
I've been a "junk food vegetarian" for about 8 years. I decided it was time to cut out the dairy and eggs yesterday. So far so good. My calorie intake is finally not insanely high. And it's easy so far, but the cravings haven't hit yet either. I'll keep you guys posted on what the veganism is doing for me.

9,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
hey, congratulations! thats great! do you find you have trouble getting in protein? or just eat a lot of beans?
Jasmine Clash
hey, congratulations! thats great! do you find you have trouble getting in protein? or just eat a lot of beans?

Protein is really easy to get. Beans, nuts and nut butters, and then all the soy products out there form a more than ample supply.

Lonely Phantom

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Is it hard to become vegetarian?

I just can't think to stop eating meat...it's too yummy ;n;
congratulations on losing the weight and going vegetarian. Though, cutting out sugars and processed foods, and adding more fruit and vegetables to your diet is probably what made you loose the weight, more than cutting out meat.
But I can see the logic in it, so it works for you, keep doing what you're doing. I'm not cutting meat out of my diet, though. I simply need to work on cutting out processed foods and sugar, and eat more fruit and vegetables, since I don't believe the meat is hurting me.
Maybe cutting out some dairy would be a good idea as well- even though cheese, for some reason, makes me feel good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff