Welcome to Gaia! ::

As previous posters have said, it's all a habit you have to force yourself to get, I love working out now. I feel horrible when I don't, but I totally used to be a chub kid that never worked out, I started cheerleading in HS (which involves strenuous training 5-6 times a week) and snapped into shape so quick. I had my son about a year ago, and after he was born I was wicked chub, but now I'm smaller than I was prepreg! You have to push through your willpower to eat cookies and sit on your butt and force it to change lol
Liquid Nitrogen
Honestly it may sound silly but you know the Nike "Just Do It" t-shirts? They motivate me, and also the accomplished feeling after working out. When I miss/skip a workout I feel so terrible, so I workout not to feel that disappointment. Having a workout plan also helps, it's a lot easier to get it done when you have a list.

Nah it doesn'ts ound silly.
A lto of times I have to force myself thinking (either worrying about it or thinking of ways to motivate myself) and just shut up and do it when I can.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I forgot to check this thread and didn't realize there was osme good advice here. sweatdrop
What motivated me was my boyfriend...
He started exercising daily and since he was still doing it after a month I decided I would do it too. Of course, he was doing waaaay harder stuff (20 push ups, 30 sit ups, 19 push ups, 30 sit ups, all the way til 1 push up, and stuff like that) crying . What I have been doing has the same general idea, but I go from 15 push ups to 10 with only 15 sit ups in between. I also used Google Maps to map out a path by my house a little over a mile for me to jog every day.
It's always motivating to exercise with someone else or know that another person is exercising with you (even if you're not physically together). I suggest finding an exercise buddy!(:

Time-traveling Senshi

You know what finally clicked for me was realizing that I can't depend on anyone but myself to do this. I can't say, "Oh since she doesn't have the time to go to the park with me then I'm not going to take my walk today" because that person is not around. There's no excuse for not getting out there and taking that daily walk or finding something else to do if the weather's crappy out. Unless I'm in the car for at least eight hours then I have the time to squeeze in thirty minutes of something cardio. Yes, it's fun to go out there and do something with a fitness buddy but even if they don't have the time to do workout with you you still do. Being by myself for a week and realizing that I'm accountable to nobody but myself has been eyeopening and quite good for me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff