If you have acid reflux that keeps coming back, you should go to a doctor and make sure it isn't H. Pylori or GERD.
As for a home remedy I myself have GERD. These were recommended by my doctor, and work for me.
- Don't wear anything very tight around your waist.
- Eat smaller meals to avoid overeating.
- Avoid foods and drinks that cause heart burn, or trigger your symptoms.
- Don't lie down after a meal.
She also said
- No smoking.
- Have a healthy weight.
- Put a few pillows under your head and chest at night for nighttime attacks.