Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shirtless Grabber

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm trying to lose 75 lbs. I've been wanting to get to where I look and feel better about myself. I've got me some weight loss shakes for breakfast, diet green teas, veggie burgers (I'm a vegetarian), veggie cheese, low fat mayo, mustard ( heart ), wheat bread, I got the works basically.
Anything else I should possibly be eating?

Also, I'm not big in excersize. I never have been. I'm a lazy thing. I like walking and that's about it. I don't want to get real toned, I just want my fat to go away. Any suggestions?

Partying Prophet

Exercise is about 10% of the battle, but I still wouldn't skip it. Do this 3 times per week. ;;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkD9LwDBWW0

I don't deal with vegetarians frequently.. Would you drink protein shakes?
You need to be eating a calorie deficient of your maintence BMR. I suggest only losing 1lb a week use this: http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
You need to be consuming 1g of protein per pound you weigh*

Cat

Well first give me the 200k . You owe me 200k

Shirtless Grabber

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100

Shirtless Grabber

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
Iuns

lol

Cat

I Jessichu I
Iuns

lol
shut up i will laugh at you when you get banned.

Shirtless Grabber

6,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Invisibility 100
Iuns
I Jessichu I
Iuns

lol
shut up i will laugh at you when you get banned.

rofl
To quote myself from another thread a little bit ago....

RazzberryLemonade
Genetics is only one piece of the puzzle. Math is another. If the number of calories consumed is greater than the number of calories used, the body stores the calories as fat for later use and weight is gained. If the number of calories consumed is less than the calories burned, the body has to use it's stores and weight is lost, regardless of genetics. My point being, nobody is fated to be fat for life, and nobody is doomed to be forever fat unless they never ever do anything about it. Additionally, your other conditions are probably directly related either to your weight or your nutrition.

I wrote out this whole long a** nutrition rundown but I kind of felt it was a little over the top. So I'll just leave you with this. Stop eating sweets and soda all together. Stop eating fast food, even their salad. Eat more good fat, eat less carbs, but don't cut them all together. Just make sure they're complex carbs. Whole grain, vegetables, etc. And lots of extra virgin olive oil. Toss it on your bread, toss it on your vegetables. It's wonderful stuff. And finally, eat good proteins. By that, I mean fish. Salmon. Salmon with olive oil and vegetables with a side of whole wheat bread. Can't be beat. The idea being, that if you restrict your carbohydrates, it forces your body to switch to fat. But the switch can be dangerous if you cut carbs all together. So the trick is to eat the good carbs that make your body work for the sugar. As it's not getting sugar fast enough, it'll start using more and more fat, especially if you feed the fire with plenty of good fats. The other trick is to never think in terms of a temporary diet. Diets don't work, plain and simple. Lifestyle changes do. To finish it up, keep track of the calories you down and exercise accordingly, make sure to stretch too. It might be difficult at first, but stick with it and before long you'll be feeling great. No need to bother with the gym. Just grab a backpack, stuff it with books, grab your mp3 player, and go on a long walk and listen to your favorite songs. If your backpack gets too heavy after a while, take two books out and carry them by hand for a while, and put them back when your arms get tired. Get in the habit of that or something similar, you'll be pretty well off.

Witty Genius

11,050 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Check out Blogilates.
Eat Less. Move More.

Caloric values are the only way to lose weight. If you don't work in a deficit then you will not drop pounds.

Shameless Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
God-The-RapistV2.0
Eat Less. Move More.

Caloric values are the only way to lose weight. If you don't work in a deficit then you will not drop pounds.

The type of calories matters too: there's fat, carb, and protein calories.

Also, seriously? Try walking, you'll feel way better if you can stick to it for a month.

Shady Cat

Walking is exercise, it's great that you like it. Walk 30 minutes a day, drink water, avoid the high fructose corn syrup crap (I'm looking at you low fat mayo), work more vegetables into your diet, etc etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff