Welcome to Gaia! ::

Escreamo
Selcouth-it_UP
To motivate myself I think about things I want to do that I need to be in shape for. I'd really like to take tap and boxing, and that really helps motivate me. Right now I'm just walking, working up to running. If you don't like running, tho, there's tons of other things you can do. Dance, swim, zumba, yoga, pilates, etc. There are a TON of exercise videos you can look at on youtube.
Are you still boxing?

I haven't taken classes yet in real life, just done videos online. When I tone up a little bit, I'd like to go take a class.

Golden Gekko

9,900 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Thread Flip 150
That's a good one. Everything you do is a choice. You could eat healthy, exercise, and count calories. Telling you to starve yourself is horrible advice and it trashes your metabolism and makes your body store fats more than anything else. I do crunches and do a lot of back things. Eg: doing bridges and standing up from them(ab thing). or lie in bed and do leg exercises. I do several that have toned my lower stomach very well.
Eating healthy is a start.

Exercises you can do while sitting on the couch.
Any way you can think of to get a bit more active. Cleaning the house more often and doing daily chores is actually a pretty decent way to burn calories.
Hula Hooping! Learn to do the dancy stuff, do it to music! Low impact and fun. Get a pretty one biggrin ( recommend fairly large one to begin with they keep inertia better, can't hoop with small ones myself smile )

Kemeko_Kun
I'm pretty lazy and I'm 1/4 outdoors and the rest is on the laptop. SOS
What do I do?? I would be forever grateful to anyone that gives me any ideas. I don't like weightlifting or running crying , come up with a game to lose weight and I like my junkies cry

I bet you 20k I can lose more weight this week than you do.

Fashionable Hunter

OMG. I'M SUPER LAZY :3

If you're lazy, you should try just eating healthier first. I think once you manage incorporating more fruits and vegetables into your diet, and fewer empty carbs, you'll feel better about the exercising bit and would feel more inclined to move about.

Make sure you're drinking enough fluid; sluggishness could be a sign of dehydration. It was for me for sure.

By the way, taking in fluid doesn't have to mean drinking 6-8 cups of pure water a day if you eat enough fruits and vegetables and drink drinks that aren't caffeinated, carbonated, or overly sugared. A bowl of soup is, what, two cups of liquid with some solids in it? As long as you watch your sodium and sugar intake, hydrating yourself isn't difficult at all biggrin

Then move on to eating more fruit, and I recommend this because for most people, eating more fruit is much easier than eating more vegetables. Start giving yourself a budget and grocery list for the grocery store, and packing that budget with fruit that you enjoy or want to try. Then, your house will be full of fruit that you paid money for that will go bad if you don't eat it, which would be a waste of money!

At the same time, teach yourself some quick, easy substitutes for some meals you like. (This Youtube show might help!)

Since you're online a lot, Google up "how to eat vegetables" and you'll probably get lots of helpful hits 3nodding

Just whatever you do, fight your inherent laziness. I know being lazy is kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, but that's precisely why if you want to lose weight you have to fight it.
I think the best thing to do with a lazy person is try to discover what he or she enjoys doing so making a workout (which sometimes can be boring) could be fun or more easy to do
Drink A LOOOT OF WATER! Stop the Coke! its so dangereous!
Not so much people can deal with a boring diet so starting with stopping the coke and the fast foods the only thing u can be looking out is the quantity u are eating of each thing, slow down and u would be good.
FAST FOODS ARE THE WORST!
Try yoga. Step aerobics. Eat healthier, drink more water. You can still eat your junk food, just eat a lot less of it. Reward yourself with it.

Friendly Smoker

Kemeko_Kun
What do I do?? I would be forever grateful to anyone that gives me any ideas. I don't like weightlifting or running crying , come up with a game to lose weight and I like my junkies cry

I have the answer.
Sex
All day
all night
sex

Beloved Sex Symbol

13,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
Kemeko_Kun

In order to lose weight, you must understand calorie consumption.
If you eat more calories than what your body burns, you're going to gain weight.
Unfortunately, junk food will definitely throw a curve ball at you with this.

Pay attention to nutrition facts and portion sizes. Moderation is key.
Like, don't starve yourself of junk food, just eat less of it. I try and get myself into the habit of eating healthy all week. Then at the weekend I will allow myself junk food as a reward.
Include more fiber in your diet. It helps keep you feeling full and helps promote weight loss.
Also, drink more water. A lot of the time, when you're dehydrated, you'll feel hungry when your body is just trying to tell you that you are thirsty.
If you go out to eat, split your food in half and put part of it in a to-go box. That way you're not eating more than what you need, and you have a meal for later.
Also, eat slowing. Eat a portion and wait 10-15 minutes. If you still feel hungry, then eat more.
Do not skip meals. Skipping meals hurts your metabolism. Stay away from eating late night snacks and eating before bed. Late night snacks and eating before you sleep, does not give your body to burn off what you ate.

Stay away from soda and energy drinks. Rethink what you drink. Neither one really benefits you much. Sugar and caffeine combined will lead to more weight gain than weight loss. I'm more of a visual person, so I will give you a visual aid. The bags are your typical sized sandwich bag. It's just folded in half for easier hanging on the board.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If you feel the need to keep soda in your diet, then try opting for a zero calorie soda or a diet soda. Opt for mio, crystal light or another low cal. water enhancer. That way you're not getting as much sugar that most juices contain if you're an avid juice drinker.

I don't like running and I hate lifting.
Over the summer I played a ton of DDR. The game itself has a workout mode that will track all the calories you burn and what not. You can even change it to 4 step count for easier pacing.
If you master a song, you can speed up the scroll of the arrows to make it more challenging.
Needless to say it will get your heart pumping.

Lately I have been going to Zumba classes. It's like a dance and aerobic mixed workout.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games