Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Fatcat

I'm pretty lazy and I'm 1/4 outdoors and the rest is on the laptop. SOS
What do I do?? I would be forever grateful to anyone that gives me any ideas. I don't like weightlifting or running crying , come up with a game to lose weight and I like my junkies cry
I can't force anyone that is lazy to exercise. Being healthy is more like a lifestyle change than jjst doing random activities. This also means consistently eating healthier and exercising regularly. If you are not up to that...well tough luck.

I don't know what it would take since I dont know how you get motivated. What do you want? Hot male/female pics? Near perfect male/female pics to strive for? Success stories? Insults? What?

Dapper Fatcat

Nariera
I can't force anyone that is lazy to exercise. Being healthy is more like a lifestyle change than jjst doing random activities. This also means consistently eating healthier and exercising regularly. If you are not up to that...well tough luck.

I don't know what it would take since I dont know how you get motivated. What do you want? Hot male/female pics? Near perfect male/female pics to strive for? Success stories? Insults? What?

I actually get motivated quite easily when I want to do things, I do want to lose weight and posting something like this is my way of proving that I would do want to but I just don't know where to begin. I don't have to lose a lot of weight but it would help if you have a suggestion about some exercises that you found that helped you. idea
To motivate myself I think about things I want to do that I need to be in shape for. I'd really like to take tap and boxing, and that really helps motivate me. Right now I'm just walking, working up to running. If you don't like running, tho, there's tons of other things you can do. Dance, swim, zumba, yoga, pilates, etc. There are a TON of exercise videos you can look at on youtube.

Beau

I'm with you on running. I hate running with a passion. I plan to do couch to 5k pretty soon, though.

If you reeeaaaallllyyy hate running, you could do other cardio shtuff like dancing, swimming, biking, etc. If you have to travel to work or school every day, and if the place is under 3 miles away, you could even try walking there instead of driving. (Or biking, or something.)

Really, anything that gets you up and moving is good. smile I personally like to cycle. It's easy, light, and pretty fun if you're doin' it right. I cycle about 9 miles every other day, for funsies.

GOOD LUCK. And remember to eat healthy!

Edit: Oh, and to hydrate. Water is so important to our bodies that it makes me want to punch people. (In a good way.)
Well... I'm usually on the computer so often that I don't eat ^^;; So that's why I've lost weight.
I also like to go for walks with friends; I like to point out "slugbugs" and "cruiser bruisers". Sometimes we even spot cars with missing headlights and raise one fist and yell SEX! It's more of a riding-in-the-car kinda game, but still fun to do.:3
But, that's what I do! biggrin
sweet sobriety: First of all, Nice to meet you, Kemeko_Kun. It's not that you feel lazy. You may be out of shape. Shape is not about how round or flat your frame is. You own a very unique body type for your own personal self. Start by getting to know your body and try to understand why your body isn't getting the results you are looking for. If you love to eat, and I assume you do cause I do: depending on how much you eat add more time to work out to burn those consumed calories. Fuel your belly and burn fat by running. If you don't like to sweat. eat like normal and set meal times. breakfast should be small to start your day. Throughout the day as you process and moving constantly burns calories by cleaning, playing, walking the dog etc... hopefully I helped and I'd like to finish but I g2g.

3,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Finally someone I can relate to! Ok, before i started going to the gym last summer i was pretty chubby, but trust me. When you work out you feel good and your body feels good. (plus others will notice the change!) I personally enjoy being on an elliptical, they are easy on your joints and you can watch tv while you work out smile i strongly suggest joining a gym to anyone because it makes things so much EASIER! if you have a place you're going that's different from your normal element where you're being lazy you'll lose weight faster. I would suggest starting with going 4 times a week for an hour a day. Don't give up all your favorite foods. Just on occasion skip a dessert, or even try eating a healthier option of what you want (i.e. Whole grain, reduced fat, dark chocolate, ect.)

Good Luck! Hope i helped at least a little bit!

Noob

Drink lots of water, and fidget around more while you're sitting down being lazy.
I do random stretches and leg lifts whenever I'm sitting, plus I drink a bottle of water right when I wake up to get my metabolism going.

Of course actually working out and eating right will be the most beneficial, but even a little goes a long way in getting moving.

There are all sorts of great exercise videos on YouTube that can get you motivated and help you start getting fit. Lately I've been addicted to POP Pilates. >__> It's pretty fun once you get into it.

Good luck!
a game i did that helped me lose lots of weight was DDR i played 40 songs a day in a row on level Standard which is like the 3rd hardest level i worked my way up to that i did it for 4 months i lost aton of weight felt great and had fun doing it didnt exercise or diet at all after or during and i kept the weight off just fine for about 3 years biggrin hope this helps
taking cold showers helps since u burn fat trying to keep u rbody at a normal temperature. hmm and if u bring in groceries lift them up and down. when u brush ur teeth do calf lifts (go to tippy toes to flat foot. again and again) and dont eat 2 to 3 hrs before u go to bed cuz u will likely gain weight if u do.
Selcouth-it_UP
To motivate myself I think about things I want to do that I need to be in shape for. I'd really like to take tap and boxing, and that really helps motivate me. Right now I'm just walking, working up to running. If you don't like running, tho, there's tons of other things you can do. Dance, swim, zumba, yoga, pilates, etc. There are a TON of exercise videos you can look at on youtube.
Are you still boxing?

Shadowy Gaian

15,250 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Champion 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
IMO, exercise is boring w/o a buddy. Most of the time I go to hang out with a friend, we just walk and talk, but we also play volleyball or Wii.

I think the easiest way is to make a routine and to commit yourself to it. I won't force myself to exercise, so I make it a part of daily life.

I told myself: I'm poor and I'm jiggly so I should walk to school instead of taking the bus.
^-^

Friendly Gaian

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
Kemeko_Kun
I'm pretty lazy and I'm 1/4 outdoors and the rest is on the laptop. SOS
What do I do?? I would be forever grateful to anyone that gives me any ideas. I don't like weightlifting or running crying , come up with a game to lose weight and I like my junkies cry

I can give you some tips to help you lose weight, but they really won't be really effective with out exercising though.
To maintain a good health you need three things:
1. good diet
2.rest
3.exercising.( I wont talk about that since you don't wanna do it)

by saying a good diet I don't mean eating less food: coz that would actually make you crave food XD instead you should just change the type of food you eat by eating less fat and sugar and more protein, that's the most important thing.

and about resting you should sleep for at least 8 hours a day and you shouldn't stay awake at night and sleep on day time ( that damages your body)

but really, you would be surprised if you start exercising, you would feel better physically and mentally. exercising is the most Important thing about having a good, healthy body, your body would be toned and you would start feeling the difference in like 3 months.

I hope that would elp you

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games