Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anyone who may see obese people will think that we all pig out. Some do, some don't. Then there's people like me; people with a condition that doesn't allow them to lose weight no matter what they try.

I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Both of my ovaries have multiple cysts on them and my hormones are completely out of wack. My estrogen levels are low and my testatorone levels higher than average. Some females may have one or the other or, like me, both. This has caused me to gain a lot of weight and not on purpose either. And there are some people who have diabetes and started gaining a lot of weight after it happened or have a thyroid condition. I'm here to say that there is hope.

Yes. It will take some doctors and most likely medication, but it can happen. I never thought I'd lose weight until I started taking my medication. It took four months of meds, diet and exercise, but I lost 23 pounds so far. And I know people who have the other problems I mentioned who simply could not lose weight until they found out WHY they weren't able to lose weight.

So if you have a condition and are on your journey but want to give up, don't. Even if it's a little bit of weight loss in a long period of time, persevere. If you have tried time and time again to lose weight and just couldn't, consult a doctor.

For those who can not refer to a doctor or just don't have good enough insurance to afford all of this, there's still hope. Many groups online exist to help you find solutions when it comes to medical issues.

Have faith. Don't give up. smile
Thank you. heart
I took medicine that made me gain weight.
It's been so hard to lose it even though I'm not much of an eater.
Your words are kind

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games