Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Fatcat

After work, I get too tired/lazy to do some workouts, plus there's not enough room in my bedroom to do some cardio and I'm too shy/nervous to do some in the living room (Because family and stuff emotion_facepalm ) Since I now live in the city, i'm scared to go runing and I don't have the money for a gym membership.

That being said, Im always on my bed with my laptop, so I was wondering if any of you fellow gaians knows any good excercise while laying on my bed? emotion_kirakira

(Sorry for my spelling, english is not my native language)

Thank you! 4laugh heart

Generous Poster

6,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200
Actually yes, there's a pilate I do that works great. It works out the abs a lot and legs a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACVczmZtmgk

for most effectiveness (this will be harder) have your legs hang off the the end instead of resting on the floor/bed. There are other styles you can look up.

Tipsy Fatcat

Laura Tran
Actually yes, there's a pilate I do that works great. It works out the abs a lot and legs a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACVczmZtmgk

for most effectiveness (this will be harder) have your legs hang off the the end instead of resting on the floor/bed. There are other styles you can look up.

Thank you very much, i'll look that up! 3nodding emotion_yatta

Raphaeel's Waifu

If you have a little floor space (because it is harder on the bed since the mattress is soft) try planking starting from maybe 30 seconds and increasing the time from there.
Planking really works out the abs.
Also maybe do some crunches smile
Hi Cookz Monster

Try these (you can google them to find out):

1. Planking
2. Reverse ab crunch
3. Air bike
4. Butt lift
5. Side leg lift

Hope this helps!

x
Alexis

Shameless Conversationalist

8,700 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I like to do some yoga. But movement is pretty limited to sitting and laying positions.

You can also do dumbbell exercises to tone your arms.

Your best bet though is to make just enough room (2x2ft space) and do standing work outs.
There are tons that will help tone your legs and core. You can also lay your lappy on the bed (watch a video!), or play some music.
catnapgood
I like to do some yoga. But movement is pretty limited to sitting and laying positions.

You can also do dumbbell exercises to tone your arms.

Your best bet though is to make just enough room (2x2ft space) and do standing work outs.
There are tons that will help tone your legs and core. You can also lay your lappy on the bed (watch a video!), or play some music.

Nice, I was going to suggest the same. Besides, your bed is where you sleep, so it can make you feel lazy/tired (that's why I don't study there anymore). Freshman year of college I had a super small single and I was too far from the gym to go consistently, so I cleared a little space in my room and did the following generic workout:

Squats.
Push-ups.
Sit-ups.
Upside shoulder press.
Bicep curls.
Dips.
Etc.

There was more, just don't remember most of it. I hit the gym now.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces