Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What skin type do you have? ( Don't forget to check out my mini contest!)

Oily skin (shiny all over) 0.15 15.0% [ 6 ]
Combination skin (Oily T zone with dry/dehydrated cheeks) 0.475 47.5% [ 19 ]
Dry skin (no visible pores,blemishes) 0.075 7.5% [ 3 ]
Sensitive skin (born with it) 0.225 22.5% [ 9 ]
Normal skin (ie. perfect skin. No red,flaking, itching, reactions, blemishes,ect) 0.075 7.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
< 1 2 3

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Random tip of the day:

This one is for the males out there. Some might not know, some might but idealy you will want to shave after a shower. Why? Because the heat and steam losen the follicles making them soft. It makes shaving much easier, smoother. Less chance for irritation.

Some will experience irritation anyways but don't worry there are some things you can do to help that. A lot of the males cooling product feel...minty. Some say it doesn't really help. A really good and inexpensive way to treat things like: razor burn/red bumps is aloe gel. You can get it at a drug store and it is inexpensive.

Aloe gel is great for so many things and not just for sunburns. Any skin irritation, burns, dry and cracked skin. Aloe is a great skin soother.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Random tip of the day:

Whether you have mild acne or get the odd breakout I will give you two products that you can use to try and help it.

1. Salicylic acid
2. Tea Tree oil

I have talked about salicylic acid already in my last blog post, check out the last link on the front page to read about it.

I encourage you to look up the properties of tea tree (oil). It can do A lot of amazing things. I use it for several different things. Both can be used as an excellent spot treatment or you can make a toner out of the tea tree oil. Dilute with water and put it into a spray bottle and use it as a toner. Just remember to shake before each use as water and oil separate. I recommend 4 drops of oil in 280 ml of water.

I will be doing a segment on essential oils because I am very into it and because I had to learn all that I know on my own. It might interest some of you, it might not. It'll be there if you want it. There are few medicinal circumstances when you would use an essential oil neat. Neat being undiluted. Example: Lavender oil on a burn. Other wise you should always dilute it be it a carrier oil like holy oil or jajoba or water. It's ratio depends on the method of use and the quantity you wish to make.

6,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Invisibility 100
I'm glad I found this thread!
You're blog is very interesting and useful!
I have combination skin so this was great to know!

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Fearlessberry

Why thank you! I hope it will continue to be useful! There is certainly a lot more to come. I too have combination skin as well as dehydrated. = . = lol.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
"Random tip of the day:

Fear the S word! It's soap people! Most soap disbalances our skins PH balance. Why is that bad? Dehydration. Dehydration (talking about the skin) is bad because it leads to premature wrinkles, looks dull, saggy, and can lead to acne/blackhead issues. If after a wash you feel that tight "squeaky clean" feeling...it's bad. Skin should never feel that. It's your largest organ saying: -chokes dramatically- help me!

Toner to the rescue.

Super Fairy

11,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
onyx2047
MINI CONTEST

Mini Contests for fun! Suuuure...why not!? xd

Alright then here goes my first contest. It's a fill in the blank, the first person to post the answer in this thread gets the prize. YOU MUST PULL THE DIRECT QUOTE OFF OF MY BLOG! ... because anyone can just use google. 3nodding

Prize: 4,000

Q: Keratin happens in the _________ layer of your epidermis?
A:

The horny layer, consists of dead skin cells of mostly Kertain.

-
Your blog is very interesting smile thankyou for taking your time to create and manage it!

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Sincerely Sophia

The horny layer, consists of dead skin cells of mostly Kertain.

-
Your blog is very interesting smile thankyou for taking your time to create and manage it!

I'll take that answer as a win. The full answer is: The Stratum Corneum, Aka the horny layer, consists of dead skin cells of mostly Kertain.
Thank you for reading it! I hope as we continue on that it will continue to be interesting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff