Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

What skin type do you have? ( Don't forget to check out my mini contest!)

Oily skin (shiny all over) 0.15 15.0% [ 6 ]
Combination skin (Oily T zone with dry/dehydrated cheeks) 0.475 47.5% [ 19 ]
Dry skin (no visible pores,blemishes) 0.075 7.5% [ 3 ]
Sensitive skin (born with it) 0.225 22.5% [ 9 ]
Normal skin (ie. perfect skin. No red,flaking, itching, reactions, blemishes,ect) 0.075 7.5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 40 ]
< 1 2 3 >

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hope this thread is helpful to you! 4laugh

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hey guys, so as you may know by now I aim to cover skin care and makeup both here and on my blog. I know a lot of people are anxious for me to get to the makeup portion of it all, so to help curb that feeling I will give random makeup/skin tips, facts, and what-not. So here goes tip # 1!

Random Tip of the Day:

Going to be taking photo's with your friends? Maybe even a school photoshoot? Watch out, make sure your foundation doesn't contain SPF. SPF in your foundation will bleach out your skin in your photo's.

Pain in the rear huh? Foundation for everyday wear and a separate foundation for photoshoots. Blah.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Random Tip of the Day:

Lipstick can sure be great. Lip liner can be amazing but not once the lipstick fades away. That ring that is left around your lips is ghastly huh? Not a problem. When lining your lips with lip liner fill your lips in with your lip liner as well. Then apply your lip stick over top! That way this time when the lipstick fades you wont have that ring. wink

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Random tip of the day:

Ever hear about the sugar and lemon scrub? Wet the skin, cut a lemon, dip it into sugar and then use it on your face in circular motions. The Lemon brightens, the sugar exfoliates. Does it work? Not really. Here is why.

Straight up citric acid can be painful for those with sensitive skin for starters. It is a little too abrasive without some form of carrier added to it. Since it is drying it also isn't ideal for those with dry or dehydrated skin. At least not lemon(juice) on it's own. It might be okay for those with oily skin but not in conjunction with the sugar.

With the sugar you have more of a chance in scratching the skin of your face. The granules in sugar are far too large. Sugar is a much better body exfoliant than a facial scrub. It is why it isn't good for those with aggressive acne.

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Random tip of the day:

Want fuller lashes but don't/can't like wearing false lashes? Don't want to go on any medicines/gels to get your lashes thick 'naturally'?

There is a small trick that you can do to help. No it's not going to give you giraffe lashes but it will help them to look more full. First, line your upper water line. If you are finding to be hard to do (due to positioning) there are tools you can use to help you. This helps to fill in the small spaces in between your lashes.

Now, for the longer lashes part...here's a fact. No mascara you purchase is going to extend the length of your lashes like it appears to do in the stupid commercials. Why? Because the models in the commercials are wearing false lashes. However, there are some very good mascara's out there. Blinc aka kiss me mascara is fan-friggen-tastic. It's pricy though I will admit. A good more cost effective one that I love is lash blast. It comes in waterproof as well. There are other lash blasts but I haven't tried them. So try it out and see if it helps!

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Random Tip of the Day:

Only 3% of the water you drink actually goes to your skin. Dehydration is one of the causes of premature aging/wrinkles.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Do you have any tips, or even links, for someone on chemo and biological therapy whose skin has changed drastically? I had gotten my skin in near perfect condition, but then went on all these meds and my skin is dry, but also a bit oily and flaky on my forehead D:

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MedicAudino

This depends on if you are still currently taking those medications. Often medication, since it is chemical, will change the hormones that are released from the endocrine gland in the brain. If it isn't the hormones it changes it is the Alkaline and Acidic balance of the skin and the lipid layers of the skin. After all, with the skin being the largest organ in our anatomy, getting messed up skin is far easier than you might know.

Don't worry so much about the slight oilyness on your forehead at the moment. It is the dry and flakiness that you will want to address first. My first suggestion is investing in good toner. My suggestion will be a professional spa grade toner. That is because the ingredients used in spa grade bands are more potent than what is allowed to be sold on consumer shelves. I say toner because toner is meant to help restore the skins PH. It also helps to remove any left over residue from your cleansing. It helps a lot. Next would be a very mild and gentle grain exfoliator to help get the flaking skin off. Be cautious. I do know from back when I was in school that often cancer treatments most often leave the skin photosensitive. (sensitive to sunlight) You don't wish to be too aggressive with your exfoliation (which seems sooo counter productive considering you just got rid of or are trying to get rid of cancer). Let me know if I can help you with finding good products either spa grade or consumer grade. I'd be more than glad to help you out.

Sparkly Healer

10,550 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
onyx2047

I'm on the medications for RA and will be on them for about 5 more years, so I really want to figure out ways to fix this now. I usually use products for Lush Cosmetics since they use minimal chemicals and pretty high grade materials. What type of toner would be best? They sell three different ones; a rose water one, an aloe/seaweed/rose one, and a tea tree one.

Thanks for telling me I should take care of the flakiness over the oiliness, I had no clue which one to treat first. I had some nasty acne when I turned 18, but got it under control and haven't dealt with skin problems in years.

Friendly Bookworm

Oh. My. God.

I found my happy place!

I'm looking into going to school for this as well. eek
This is interesting smile

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
MedicAudino
onyx2047

I'm on the medications for RA and will be on them for about 5 more years, so I really want to figure out ways to fix this now. I usually use products for Lush Cosmetics since they use minimal chemicals and pretty high grade materials. What type of toner would be best? They sell three different ones; a rose water one, an aloe/seaweed/rose one, and a tea tree one.

Thanks for telling me I should take care of the flakiness over the oiliness, I had no clue which one to treat first. I had some nasty acne when I turned 18, but got it under control and haven't dealt with skin problems in years.

Sorry I haven't responded in quite a bit. My netbooks adapter is shot crying -big sobs-

Okay, so...going for products with minimal chemicals and high grade materials is great. If it's working stick with it. As for toner...I would recommend the aloe/seaweed/Rose one. Aloe is very soothing for the skin which will take care of any redness, itchiness, etc. Seaweed is hydrating. Rose water is a mild astringent and it is very refreshing. Can't go wrong with that toner.

One of the biggest things that I have learned is that Acne can be caused by dehydration. I know this not only from study but because it happens to me! I get no pimples usually. Just blackheads (oxidized sebum). The oil plugs cannot make their way to the surface because of the dehydrated skin. Therefore it gets kind of trapped and forms a blackhead. If your skin was oily all over your face and your acne was very bad, then i'd say address the oiliness.

I really do wish you the best of luck. Try it out, keep in touch with me. Let me know what you've tried and what seems to be working. Remember to give your skin at least a good month when trying new routines out for fair conditioning. Good luck!

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Laili
Oh. My. God.

I found my happy place!

I'm looking into going to school for this as well. eek

Lol. I am here to talk and help!

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Jovita1991
This is interesting smile

Why thank you. Hope you stick around!

Desirable Raider

9,875 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Alright! New Blog post is up! I continue on with Product knowledge for our oily/acneic skin types! YWML. Don't forget Males to check out the little section I made for you too!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff