Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Gaian

astrid_devere
Yeah..I would NEVER put oil on my face...EVER. The problem a lot of people have with acne is because their face is already oily and the dirt sticks to that oil and mixes, causing acne.
Maybe ingesting it, but not to the face. You could just be keeping breakouts at bay with the benzoyl peroxide
I use Nuetrogena face wash with 2% salicylic acid in it, then I put on a creamy moisturizer. You skin can actually get worse by having dry skin, just thought I'd throw this out there, because your exposing the pores more. The light oil that your skin already produces acts as a barrier and when you strip that barrier away..well the rest is go-figure.
Retinol is also very good for acne + lines, just don't use too much or your skin will get veerrrrrryyy dry.
So yeah...I wouldn't personally suggest putting oil on your face redface

Actually, using argan oil or coconut oil is great for your skin! The reason people have issues with oily skin is BECAUSE (as you mentioned) they wash away all their natural oils by using harsh face-washes and they don't replenish skin moisture with either a light oil (like those mentioned above) or a lightweight moisturizer. A little oil goes a long way, however. I spray a tiny bit of argan oil in my palms, rub them together, and tap my cheeks very lightly, then rub it across my forehead and chin. The tiniest amount of coconut oil under your eyes will help with the transparent thinness of your skin, reducing those unsightly blueish-purple puffballs. (:

I have to admit, I usually use a moisturizer after washing, wait for it to dry, THEN use argan oil (I wash and moisturize in the morning, and if I don't have time before I have to leave for work, I rinse my face with just water, no soaps of any kind, when I get home and then apply the oil.

My routine feels great for my skin. Ingesting coconut oil is great for you, but I can hardly stand the scent much less the taste, so it's difficult to force myself into using it.
Yeah..I would NEVER put oil on my face...EVER. The problem a lot of people have with acne is because their face is already oily and the dirt sticks to that oil and mixes, causing acne.
Maybe ingesting it, but not to the face. You could just be keeping breakouts at bay with the benzoyl peroxide
I use Nuetrogena face wash with 2% salicylic acid in it, then I put on a creamy moisturizer. You skin can actually get worse by having dry skin, just thought I'd throw this out there, because your exposing the pores more. The light oil that your skin already produces acts as a barrier and when you strip that barrier away..well the rest is go-figure.
Retinol is also very good for acne + lines, just don't use too much or your skin will get veerrrrrryyy dry.
So yeah...I wouldn't personally suggest putting oil on your face redface

Chatty Abductee

in-- ingest!? crying
My brother uses castor oil.
Try that.
Just rub your face on some concrete dude.

Dedicated Player

Ghostfrost
I usually drink green tea to help with acne, I was planning on getting coconut oil tomorrow too! Putting them together should be interesting. I'd especially like help with scars. whee

It's helped! And I actually just wash with coconut oil now. Rinse, massage in, rinse off. Wipe off excess. And good to go. And I night I add benzoyl peroxide to make it go faster. Because I need to get rid of it. ASAP.

It works wonders with the green tea.

Fashionable Prophet

I usually drink green tea to help with acne, I was planning on getting coconut oil tomorrow too! Putting them together should be interesting. I'd especially like help with scars. whee

Dedicated Player

Rarecraft
Emerald Zombie
Rarecraft
ohh.. so THAT's why I've never really had bad acne, o wo

I have coconut in a lot of things.

I really love the taste >w <

I do too. :3

Not always, my sister doesn't have bad acne. Maybe one pimple in a blue moon. So it depends on the person.
But it could be. smile

. u . oh well, i'm glad it's helping you.

Hopefully.
*hugs* How goes?
Emerald Zombie
Rarecraft

Not always, my sister doesn't have bad acne. Maybe one pimple in a blue moon. So it depends on the person.
But it could be. smile

. u . oh well, i'm glad it's helping you.

Dedicated Player

Rarecraft

But it could be. smile

Dedicated Player

Pseudopathogen
I wasn't aware it coconut oil could be used for acne. Those are some quick results you're getting!

A relative of mine is using it for aging. I'll have to ask how they think it's working sometime.

I wasn't aware either until I came across some post. I looked it up, it seemed legit. Plus my soap for acne prone skin includes coconut oil, And so does Xout. And it seems to be working.

It does work or aging too, I got my mom into it. Her skin is less dry.
I eat it to create a hormone balance and then put it on my skin. Apparently, it has anti-viral and anti-bacterial properties too. :3
I wasn't aware it coconut oil could be used for acne. Those are some quick results you're getting!

A relative of mine is using it for aging. I'll have to ask how they think it's working sometime.

Dedicated Player

Has it worked?
Miracle stories?

It's worked for me, started two days ago on organic, extra virgin, unrefined coconut oil. I ingest a tablespoon in my green tea and put just a bit on my face at night. My face is clearing up it's final pimples, pores look smaller and empty. Scars are starting to fade a bit.

I got it at BJ's for $10.99. It certainly beats paying for a bottle of Acanya for $75 plus the doctors visit for a prescription.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff