Welcome to Gaia! ::

Caffeine accelerates fat loss.

Enduring Phantom

Coffee is a diuretic, so it might be water weight. But it's true that caffeine speeds up your metabolism and can suppress appetite. It's oh so common for people with eating disorders to substitute coffee for food.

Pro tip: adding creamer and sugar to your coffee will negate any benefits!

Liberal Conversationalist

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Befriended 100
ragnaroknroll
Coffee is a diuretic, so it might be water weight. But it's true that caffeine speeds up your metabolism and can suppress appetite. It's oh so common for people with eating disorders to substitute coffee for food.

Pro tip: adding creamer and sugar to your coffee will negate any benefits!
i am working on that. i'm getting flavored gourmet coffee, but im not ready to cut out the creamer yet. im going to use less creamer than usual, to try and get used to the taste of just the coffee.

Invisible Businessman

I wouldn't really recommend doing this, too much coffee isn't good for you.

If you insist on using caffeine, try drinking unsweetened green tea instead of coffee, you'll notice a decrease on the side effects of caffeine but still get the benefits. Avoid caffeine pills though, you really don't want to overdose on it.
If possible I would recommend you to take omega-3 via fish oil capsules, for this purpose DHA and EPA will do the job (the kind found in fish). Avoid omega-6 and omega-9 for now.

It should be obvious, but try to get healthy eating habits and a healthy diet.
Specially fattening junk foods are doritos, cookies, cakes, anything with a lot of flour and/or sugar.

If you're aiming for weight loss you should try getting some exercise, if it isn't really your thing, try getting into a fun activity that makes you exercise, like dancing, martial arts, sports, anything you enjoy.

PS: Nothing can beat a healthy, balanced diet.

Enduring Phantom

Captn Pikachu
Coffe + Ephedran that s**t
is potent

What's ephedran? How does that work? o.o
I'm just throwing it out there that a whole year's coffee-dieting only will make you lose 2-4 pounds. So you can find way better and healthier diets (or just plain exercise and food that's actually good for you).

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Befriended 100
Wesq
I'm just throwing it out there that a whole year's coffee-dieting only will make you lose 2-4 pounds. So you can find way better and healthier diets (or just plain exercise and food that's actually good for you).
i actually have finally started losing weight... not from the coffee, but from changing medications. now i just drink the coffee because i enjoy it.

Anxious Werewolf

10,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Hunter 50
If I drank that much coffee I think my heart would explode lol. Too much caffeine makes my heart race so badly.

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Befriended 100
mega_melfina
If I drank that much coffee I think my heart would explode lol. Too much caffeine makes my heart race so badly.
really? i have a heart problem where my heart races nearly all the time, but i've never felt it race worse from coffee or caffeinated soda.
Coffee can help you lose weight because it is a diretic (helps you go to the toilet more) and also boost metabolism, but I dont think increasing your coffee is the best way to be healthy, it is a drug at the end of the day and too much can cause addiction or damage your health. It would be like taking diet pills or speed to lose weight faster

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Befriended 100
Psychosomatic Dinosaur
Coffee can help you lose weight because it is a diretic (helps you go to the toilet more) and also boost metabolism, but I dont think increasing your coffee is the best way to be healthy, it is a drug at the end of the day and too much can cause addiction or damage your health. It would be like taking diet pills or speed to lose weight faster
i don't overdose on it. years ago i read a study saying that drinking up to 6 cups (3 mugs) of coffee a day can help prevent alzheimers. and i only drink 4 cups (2 mugs), it's not that much really. some people drink multiple Monster Energy Drinks every day, and each of those have like 6 cups of coffee's worth of caffeine, and a s**t-ton of sugar. with my coffee i only use about a teaspoon of sugar and a splash of creamer
Alyssa Autopsy 2
Psychosomatic Dinosaur
i don't overdose on it. years ago i read a study saying that drinking up to 6 cups (3 mugs) of coffee a day can help prevent alzheimers. and i only drink 4 cups (2 mugs), it's not that much really. some people drink multiple Monster Energy Drinks every day, and each of those have like 6 cups of coffee's worth of caffeine, and a s**t-ton of sugar. with my coffee i only use about a teaspoon of sugar and a splash of creamer

I never meant to imply you drink too much, but advocating a diet such as a coffee diet could give impressional people the idea that the more you drink the more weight you will lose kind of thing.

At the end of the day caffeine is in most diet pills and I wouldnt advocate anyone take them to try to lose weight, so suggesting drinking more coffee to lose weight is along those same lines.

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Befriended 100
Psychosomatic Dinosaur
Alyssa Autopsy 2
Psychosomatic Dinosaur

I never meant to imply you drink too much, but advocating a diet such as a coffee diet could give impressional people the idea that the more you drink the more weight you will lose kind of thing.

At the end of the day caffeine is in most diet pills and I wouldnt advocate anyone take them to try to lose weight, so suggesting drinking more coffee to lose weight is along those same lines.
i was never trying to get other people to try it, i was simply wondering if anyone else had done it and if it worked for them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff