Welcome to Gaia! ::

Questionable Pants

So I've always had trouble gaining weight and there's no reason that my doctors have found to be the problem. I've decided that since I am not one of those "skinny-mini poster girls" that I am going to get to a healthy weight for my body size. Unfortunately for me, I'm 5'10" and have a large frame so my ideal weight is between 150-170lbs and I'm at about 120lbs now. I already eat about 2400 calories on a daily basis (more on the weekends and days I exercise) and I exercise for 40 minutes every other day.
I'd say the biggest spot for muscle mass gain would be my arms (they're like noodles) because my legs and torso are muscled like you wouldn't believe, but I don't know of any serious arm workouts or whatever that would build up muscle there.
I'd love any kind of suggestions/help!!

Shameless Worshipper

8,400 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Autobiographer 200
Drelmexa_Unlikely_Killer
So I've always had trouble gaining weight and there's no reason that my doctors have found to be the problem. I've decided that since I am not one of those "skinny-mini poster girls" that I am going to get to a healthy weight for my body size. Unfortunately for me, I'm 5'10" and have a large frame so my ideal weight is between 150-170lbs and I'm at about 120lbs now. I already eat about 2400 calories on a daily basis (more on the weekends and days I exercise) and I exercise for 40 minutes every other day.
I'd say the biggest spot for muscle mass gain would be my arms (they're like noodles) because my legs and torso are muscled like you wouldn't believe, but I don't know of any serious arm workouts or whatever that would build up muscle there.
I'd love any kind of suggestions/help!!
there is a way to otone the flag flap on the arm.
But anyway, you sure your dont have a tape worm?
If not try eating more avacados or guacamole
Whats your diet, you may be eating to many diuretics. Or foods that flush the system and not enough ones that stick around to build stuff.
Do you eat meat? Thats a big mucle builder and beans.

Fluffy Bunny

maybe try ensure as a last resort??? it's probably not as good for you as a normal milkshake and multivitamins, but it's easy and gets the job done!
good luck :3

High-functioning Lunatic

I just came back from an internship working outside all summer and I can tell you, I'm still the skinny mini when I first started but I did gain a few pounds and I feel much better!

The girls I lived with are very healthy eaters but they always made such filling foods.

Black beans and rice.

Black beans were in like everything we ate.

Italian sausage and chicken, just enough was added to a dish with stir fried veggies to make it more savory and filling.

Lots of fill snacks, like cheese and carbs (working outside for 8 hours you'll get hungry)

Soup, soup, soup, soup, soup.

I can't tell you how much soup was involved.

potatoes and sweet potatoes and eggs.

Along with that we were constantly lopping and hauling small trees and bushes, and carrying around a heavy hose or at least 3gallons of water mixture.

So...in normal day life. I suppose it translate to some lifting and dragging and tossing.

There was a man who I saw almost every week, dragging a tire behind him while he ran, or pulling it towards him. I don't know how effective it was, but...he had some really nice looking muscles.

(start weight 98, end weight 103lbs)
When you drink water, drink it in one gulp, it cleans your system

11,825 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Sparkly_Wind
When you drink water, drink it in one gulp, it cleans your system

That... that's........ no.

Ethereal Doll

23,775 Points
  • Recruitment Party 50
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Bitter Sandstorm 200
Maybe you should try swimming. I heard it helps in cases like yours.

Questionable Pants

Thank you to everyone who has given advice!

It's been about six months since I posted this (I forgot it existed, actually) and I have gained a little bit more weight. Yaaaay~ I'm looking forward to the late spring/early summer months so I can get outside and do things again!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff