Welcome to Gaia! ::

sqoobie's Husband

Swashbuckling Abomination

17,075 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
within 6 years i've grown 4 inches... any diets, exercises, life styles, you people would suggest?

Omnipresent Hunter

Lots of protein, calcium, healthy fats, veggies, and low-impact, muscle building (arm, leg, back,and core) exercises. You can also try spinal decompression therapy.
It wont cause you to grow directly per se, but it'll help encourage it.

Sparkly Genius

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Team Edward 100
Tuesday_Smiles
within 6 years i've grown 4 inches... any diets, exercises, life styles, you people would suggest?

Once your body is done growing its done growing. Fact... you shrink at least 1 inch in your lifetime. Have a great night.

Unholy Alchemist

your height will be determined by genes,get plenty of sleep,exercise and practice good posture.

Familiar Gaian

2,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I hate to say it but nothing you can physically do will help your growth. Years ago I stopped eating almost anything for a few months... I'm currently 5'2" and have been that for over five years

Kawaii Kitten

If you are still growing, a healthy diet, moderate amount of exersize and plenty of sleep can help you maximize your growth potential.... but nothing can really make you grow taller than your genetics dictate, and once you stop growing it's all over.

Some studies suggest that sleeping in a very dark environment and moderate exposure to sunlight during the day can increase height growth in kids, but we are talking fractions of an inch....

On the other hand, unhealthy habits, and particularly severe under eating or poor nutrition can stunt your growth. Lack of Vitamin D is shown to prevent full growth, so get some sunlight (carefully, don't get burned as that is bad for your skin).

Aged Codger

Make a time machine and go back in time to make your mother date a taller guy.

Height is dependent on genes, you can stunt it, but you can't encourage it.

Shameless Lunatic

8,250 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
lightkeeper
Tuesday_Smiles

Once your body is done growing its done growing. Fact... you shrink at least 1 inch in your lifetime. Have a great night.

False. There are people who have made changes who have started growing again in their late thirties/early forties. (Though there is a certain amount determined by genetics, the aformentioned people simply figured out how to activate those genetics to get to their full growth potential)

Desirable Lunatic

Try skipping?
But why would you want to grow taller? Just stay the way you are. Height shouldn't define your life.
Practice better posture and work on weightlifting that targets your back, chest, core, and glutes. My mother and close friends think I grew (that's impossible, since I'm 5'8" and 22 years old), but I just learned how to hold my body correctly.

Ruthless Mage

10,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Member 100
  • Friendly 100
â™› Height is determined by genetics, not by diet. Although a bad diet will stunt it, you cannot grow more than you are supposed to. â™›

Newbie Noob

Height isn't all genetics.

My friend is 5'11" and and his mother is 5'2" and his father is 5'8". He was a very active kid and ate a lot, so I'm guessing that contributes to his height.

Hopeful Visionary

23,700 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Contributor 150
Tuesday_Smiles
I also wonder if this is possible because I haven't grown since jr. high...5 foot here.

Invisible Assailant

12,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
ExtraordinaryAlchemy

False. There are people who have made changes who have started growing again in their late thirties/early forties. (Though there is a certain amount determined by genetics, the aformentioned people simply figured out how to activate those genetics to get to their full growth potential)

We're gonna need some sources for that, because it sounds extremely unlikely--and it doesn't help the OP, either, even if it's true, unless we know WHAT those changes were. Can you find what you read and post it?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff