Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Noob

I've got an information from my RL Friend who's on Tinierme as well that Tinierme will be back as Tinier World..
I've come to check it and yes, it's still coming soon...
I am really excited about it...*u*

This is the link, still coming soon...
Tinier World

Seeing the coming soon pict, I wished the image style will be much much better than before though... *u*

See you there on the tinier world...^^
//will be waiting patiently on Gaia

Unforgiving Firestarter

9,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
...tinierme i gone to many adventures with them...

Invisible Spark

Digiloid
not sure if it's true or not... who developes that site? old TM user(s) or people who worked in Gcrest company or someone else?

It certainly wasn't anyone from GCrest. Take a look.
http://tinierworld.tumblr.com/

They just ripped their resources and plan on rebuilding it.

Shy Gaian

The short of it: It's complicated. I wouldn't count on this idea working out.

This guy has no funding, can not obtain funding while using G-Crest's intellectual materials, and is planning to run a community site? . . . for free. . . alone?
Not likely that he has even asked G-Crest's permission. He'll get his legal notice to quit soon enough. Like several of the other TinierMe spin-off fansites that didn't do it right..

The long of it:

What that guy is doing, so far, is illegal.. the graphics, programming and components are still owned by G-Crest and still being used by atgames, which holds the rights and shows no sign of plans to close. He'll receive his legal notice to quit if he actually puts the site up without requesting and actually receiving G-Crest's permission to do so.

It was in their TOS:
Quote:
4.4 Personal Use
4.4.1 The Service is for your personal use. You understand and agree that you may not transmit or re-transmit, broadcast or re-broadcast or make any commercial use of the Service. Specifically, you may not use any area of the Service to collect information about Users, including User IDs, email addresses, and passwords, or use such information to send unsolicited e-mail or for any other purpose. You may not attempt (or authorize, encourage or support others' attempts) to circumvent, reverse engineer, decrypt, break or otherwise alter or interfere with the Service or any component thereof. You agree to advise us promptly of any such unauthorized use(s) or attempt(s).

What he *may* get away with citing is this, IF he is going to say he's running the site including hosting it without claiming any ownership rights over any of the material, or receiving any payment from site users.. which would be next-to impossible for the kind of traffic he'd get:
Quote:
5.1.3 YOU ARE ONLY LICENSED THE RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT THEREIN), AND AS COMPANY EITHER OWNS, OR HAS LICENSED, ALL OF THE CONTENT (EXCLUDING USER CONTENT DEFINED BELOW) THAT APPEARS IN THE SERVICE, COMPANY DOES NOT RECOGNIZE ANY PROPERTY OR USE CLAIMS OUTSIDE OF THE SERVICE, OR THE PURPORTED SALE, PURCHASE GIFT OR EXCHANGE IN THE "REAL WORLD" OF ANYTHING RELATED TO THE SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY CONTENT. SPECIFICALLY, ALTHOUGH YOU MAY ACQUIRE, CREATE, DESIGN, OR MODIFY SERVICE-RELATED ITEMS (INCLUDING CONTENT), YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT GAIN ANY OWNERSHIP INTEREST WHATSOEVER IN ANY SUCH ITEMS. ACCORDINGLY, YOU MAY NOT SELL, PURCHASE, GIFT, OR EXCHANGE SERVICE-RELATED ITEMS (INCLUDING CONTENT OR ACCOUNTS) FOR EITHER "REAL" MONEY, VIRTUAL CURRENCY, OR ITEMS OR ACCOUNTS FROM ANY OTHER WEBSITE, AND DOING SO MAY LEAD TO THE IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT(S) AND/OR THE ACCOUNT(S) OF THE USER WHO HAS ACQUIRED SUCH ITEMS OR ACCOUNTS.

His activity would fall under transmit and re-transmit, not to mention the whole of the section on Intellectual property rights which were and remain linked between US, Japan, and other countries. The data is still being hosted (for whatever reason) by G-Crest. DreamSelfy has obtained the proper permissions to continue to run. This was one reason why at least two other TinierMe spin-off fansites lost their rights to function.

Even so, I wonder what this guy ever planned to do in the realm of like, new material?
Unless he's a serious flash artist and not just a half-@$% pirate knowing how to take advantage of what other people have pre-programmed and made, and being unable to gain any monetary funds off it (even IF he gets G-Crest's okay to use their intellectual property freely,) the site won't be going anywhere TinierMe didn't if he can't produce new material, events, build and moderate the community...

In short, I wouldn't count on it. Find something else to hope for.. sorry. :<

This post cites G-Crest's Terms of Service, which although the service of TinierMe has shut down, is still in effect because the business is.. still in business. The document is still available in English here: http://www.gcrest.com/en/tos.php

Invisible Spark

Lokinta

This guy has no funding, can not obtain funding while using G-Crest's intellectual materials, and is planning to run a community site? . . . for free. . . alone?
Not likely that he has even asked G-Crest's permission. He'll get his legal notice to quit soon enough. Like several of the other TinierMe spin-off fansites that didn't do it right..

Unless they plan on asking for donations to keep the site up or release gachas. Also I think maybe just two people are working on it. They obviously didn't ask because, they keep dodging the question when people ask about it. Then answer "don't worry we'll move everything to a far away place where they won't catch us."

But if you say that two other spin-off sites shut down because they didn't do it properly. I'll assume this one will shut down later on. So might as well stay here or wait for Skye to open.

Shy Gaian

-FoolishBox-
Lokinta

Unless they plan on asking for donations to keep the site up or release gachas. Also I think maybe just two people are working on it. They obviously didn't ask because, they keep dodging the question when people ask about it. Then answer "don't worry we'll move everything to a far away place where they won't catch us."

But if you say that two other spin-off sites shut down because they didn't do it properly. I'll assume this one will shut down later on. So might as well stay here or wait for Skye to open.

If they're talking like that and already dodging questions.. yeah, they're young and stupid (in the least offensive way, it's romantic and cute and all..) but.. they don't know what they're doing.. neutral

I hope Skye can live up to their promises..

Invisible Spark

Lokinta

If they're talking like that and already dodging questions.. yeah, they're young and stupid (in the least offensive way, it's romantic and cute and all..) but.. they don't know what they're doing.. neutral

Yeah I kinda figured as much. XD
I can see why you would say romantic and cute because, I knew this one other person who said they were going to make their own tinierme site. Although I'm not too fond of his site designs and I kinda doubt he knows what he's doing. o 3o ;;

Shy Gaian

Barely matters how such a site looks, the key catch is gonna be functionality. TinierWorld looked fine in development, but will it work? And is it sustainable both legally and with practicality for the people running it?

Skye's dev team seems to be hitting bumps in the developmental road too.. their updates have been, dishearteningly, increasingly sparse as of late. Hoping I've been missing something and they're actually doing fine..

Hilarious Noob

Digiloid
not sure if it's true or not... who developes that site? old TM user(s) or people who worked in Gcrest company or someone else?

I'm not sure...
My friend said that they're still looking for a sponsor though...

Hilarious Noob

Gumby13_13
...tinierme i gone to many adventures with them...

Me too... ._.

Hilarious Noob

Lokinta
-FoolishBox-
Lokinta

I hope Skye will...
The kids running this site are going to get sued. Even if they 'escape' to a 'safer location'. Sure, it may be sweet what he/she is trying to do, but getting sued isn't.

Combative Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Brandisher 100
I'm actually followed to the person who is doing this on tumblr,(Which if any of you were wondering who it is it's collusus. (if you remember him from tinier me he was a programmer that made two fan sites for the game and was really well known.)) It's try what he is doing this illegal and that he can be sued but he already knows that. So knowing so he probably wouldn't listen to anyone trying to tell him not to so he wouldn't get sued.

Combative Hunter

10,200 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Bidding War 100
  • Brandisher 100
MischievousZero
I'm actually followed to the person who is doing this on tumblr, (Which if any of you were wondering who it is it's collusus. (if you remember him from tinier me he was a programmer that made two fan sites for the game and was really well known.)) It's try what he is doing this illegal and that he can be sued but he already knows that. So knowing so he probably wouldn't listen to anyone trying to tell him not to so he wouldn't get sued.

Also to add on it isn't just riped site from tinier me he has, He once had a friend hack into tinier me to get the coding for it. Just wanted to add that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff