Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I'm just curious to know how people found out about the show. Did a friend recommend it to you, did you read about it somewhere? Did you google it after seeing it here on Gaia?

I was actually trying to watch another anime when I accidentally clicked on the link for Tiger & Bunny. The name made me laugh, so I decided to give the show a shot, and ended up marathoning all (at the time) 10 episodes. Then I saw my friends talking about it on Facebook, I knew this show would be Huge!

Interstellar Explorer

I first heard of its name and saw how Kotetsu looked like when I looked up who the NPCs dressed as at Halloween in 2011 (Ian was dressed Kotetsu and someone also attached a reference picture of him, next to Ian's Halloween pic).

Then now I watched the little English dub promotional video that was linked in the T&B announcement and I was like oh wow. Anmd I didn't know it was a 2011 anime either. Then I watched the series in about two days and I really loved it, even though the first few episodes were a bit worse in a way, but those were fun too. I especially liked the last episodes as things were happening.

Haunter

41,650 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Level Up 200
First heard of it when I saw a bunch of crossover images between T&B and Pokemon, where the heroes were made into DS-style gym leader sprites. Really liked the look of them, especially Kotetsu and his epic beard(s), watched it and found out it was a superhero reality show, thought it was the best idea ever.

That was about a year ago, whenever it was still new. I watched each episode as they came out, but stopped at 21 cause there were no decent translations of it. Finally started back on it a few weeks ago because of this sponsorship, and watched the last 2 episodes about an hour ago. Very pleased with the whole thing, gives me hope that there's still good anime to be found.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

I stumbled across T&B around the time it began airing.
I saw some fan art of Kotetsu on Pixiv and he reminded me of another character I liked from Pop'n Music.
Intrigued, I looked into it, haven't looked back since.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
I was about to write and illustrate a comic book for my final major university project and I had the idea to write something about privatized superheroes when a friend of mine said she read an article about something similar. she sent a scan of the magazine and I just had to check it out to see if it was similar to my idea, it was and I had to come up with a new story but I loved the show anyway. so it was really research for me.

Amorous Sweetheart

Jin_of_the_thunder
I was about to write and illustrate a comic book for my final major university project and I had the idea to write something about privatized superheroes when a friend of mine said she read an article about something similar. she sent a scan of the magazine and I just had to check it out to see if it was similar to my idea, it was and I had to come up with a new story but I loved the show anyway. so it was really research for me.

And your sig is officially awesome...good day sir

Gracious Seeker

I heard about it when it first came out and I was interested. Super-powered suits? Heroes? A cute girl in blue? Amazing animation?! Count me in!

...And then, the fanart struck.

I assumed it was a yaoi and avoided it like the plague. Then, about six or seven months ago, I decided to take the plunge and see for myself if it really was a yaoi... and was pleasantly surprised that it was so good. And it's not yaoi! I mean, the story is mediocre but the characters. Man, I love every single one of them.

Lonely Hunter

7,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Profitable 100
CharmingBerry
Jin_of_the_thunder

And your sig is officially awesome...good day sir

lol thank you, was a really good album
i read about it in an anime magazine. it looked really good and made me really curious so decided to look it up.
loved it the moment i saw it <3

Cielo718 rolled 0 6-sided dice: Total: 0 (0-0)

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
MistressSpectra
    I heard about it when it first came out and I was interested. Super-powered suits? Heroes? A cute girl in blue? Amazing animation?! Count me in!

...And then, the fanart struck.

I assumed it was a yaoi and avoided it like the plague. Then, about six or seven months ago, I decided to take the plunge and see for myself if it really was a yaoi... and was pleasantly surprised that it was so good. And it's not yaoi! I mean, the story is mediocre but the characters. Man, I love every single one of them.

Yeah... the Yaoi thing is kind of a problem when I try to get friends to watch the show... I mean, I'm a fan of Kotetsu x Barnaby, but that really isn't what the show is about at all. The characters are each really awesome and unique (even the side characters like Saitou and Mary get their love). And I thought the story got pretty good after the Jake arc....

Friendly Conversationalist

My friend actually sat down and made me with T&B with him, the funny thing is that I finished it before him and he still has yet to finish it. I don't know why, but I just fell head over heels for the anime and EVERY.SINGLE.ONE of the characters. Seriously, there isn't a character that I hate. But Kotetsu is definitely my favorite, I want his hat.

Lonely Misfit

22,025 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
When a new anime season starts in Japan I usually try to check out the shows that seem interesting to me. I stuck with T&B throughout the season. I think the reaction posts on Tumblr at the time were rather amusing. Fried rice feels and all that. LMFAO

Questionable Borg

I have yet to get around to seeing it.

Witty Nerd

25,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
I heard some good things about it so I looked it up but I thought it was more of a mecha anime so I didn't watch it. Then I saw the first episode in the anime club at school and I liked it so I continued the series.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff