Welcome to Gaia! ::

PM me for details on getting the items.

The legal exchange of money between GaiaOnline and consumer must be US American. Not because GaiaOnline is a douche, but be cause that is how international law works. Viz is leasing the rights to these items to GaiaOnline. Viz is a US entity. Their current license only applies to US (and Canada usually).

Haunter

41,650 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Battle: Level Up 200
I remember the uproar when this happened with FMA-B, quite glad it's not been as bad this time.
More people are just accepting it now. As someone who lives outside the US there's one thing I still don't understand about why I can't buy the items. Viz aren't going to be releasing T&B to America only, they'll be in charge of the Canadian and UK releases, and probably more, so why can't people in those countries access the item? This was never explained, same deal with the FMA promotion.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Pslightly Psycho
I remember the uproar when this happened with FMA-B, quite glad it's not been as bad this time.
More people are just accepting it now. As someone who lives outside the US there's one thing I still don't understand about why I can't buy the items. Viz aren't going to be releasing T&B to America only, they'll be in charge of the Canadian and UK releases, and probably more, so why can't people in those countries access the item? This was never explained, same deal with the FMA promotion.

It actually was explained by the devs in SF. They only contracted with the US branch. While Funimation and Viz do sub-license, the companies they sub-license with have sole rights to the distribution of that IP for that area. Since Gaia only contracted with the US branches, they are limited to US only.

It's like the difference between contracting with Atlus US and Atlus Japan. Or I guess Namco is a better example. Namco has a US and a JP branch. Namco JP branch has access to the rights of all Namco-related IPs, where as Namco US does not.

So... uh... let's use Tales of Graces F as an example. There was DLC relating to Idolm@ster for Tales of Graces F, but because Namco US does not have any sort of rights to Idolm@ster, they could not include it for the US.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff