Welcome to Gaia! ::

Luxurious Consumer

18,600 Points
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Wall Street 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Shy Trader

Cielo718

I've noticed there are a lot of people who have yet to watch the anime, and are asking what it's about. It's easy to get confused with the amount of fanart/fanfic that's out there, so I wanted to set the record straight.

Tiger & Bunny is NOT a Yaoi. Its an anime about superheroes who are sponsored by real companies (like google, pepsi, etc.) who are competing in a reality TV show. It focuses mainly on two heroes:

-Kotetsu Kaburagi (AKA Wild Tiger), who has been a hero for many years, and cares more about saving people than pleasing his sponsors.

-Barnaby Brooks Jr. (who Kotetsu nicknames Bunny), who is a new hero who cares more about scoring points on the show.

The two share the same superpower, and are teamed up despite the fact that they don't get along. The show follows the progression of their (PROFESSIONAL) relationship, and their interactions with the other Heroes. Every character, including the supporting cast, is unique and lovable. They are purposely designed to represent the wide range of personalities and nationalities we would see in a major city. Their city of Sternbild is based off of Manhattan.

The story, while some people feel it takes a while to pick up, is IMO wonderful because it has so many different aspects to it: getting older and trying to do a younger person's job, the line between pleasing sponsors and saving human lives, the importance of family to those whose job it is to risk their lives, man vs. machine, etc. Although I am a fan of Kotestu x Barnaby, I really want people to watch the anime for what it is, and not dismiss it because of what fans are doing with the characters. Fanfic and fan art are amazing, but it shouldn't replace the real story of the anime.
OMG so True well some fan arts lika adventure time gets us sometimes more understanding but sometimes its just pervy n stuffs So I see its bad fan arts ;( but we t
Realy cant do more than watch this and talk this around so more people can see the true or just the sgow.

Clean Shapeshifter

Welcoming Gaian

13,650 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cheerbringer 100
super heros...........nothing more really

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
0h Dats Hawt
OMG so True well some fan arts lika adventure time gets us sometimes more understanding but sometimes its just pervy n stuffs So I see its bad fan arts ;( but we t
Realy cant do more than watch this and talk this around so more people can see the true or just the sgow.

I don't think that the pervy fan art is bad... I think it's bad when people decide not to watch a show because people make pervy fan art of it. If I decided I wasn't going to watch a show based off of what the fans did to it, I would have missed out on so many amazing animes!!!

Shy Trader

Cielo718
0h Dats Hawt

I don't think that the pervy fan art is bad... I think it's bad when people decide not to watch a show because people make pervy fan art of it. If I decided I wasn't going to watch a show based off of what the fans did to it, I would have missed out on so many amazing animes!!!
i dont got time for animes ;(

Shy Trader

Cielo718
0h Dats Hawt

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
0h Dats Hawt
Cielo718
0h Dats Hawt

That sucks... I hope you are able to get more time soon. Anime is awesome!

Shy Trader

Cielo718
0h Dats Hawt
Cielo718
0h Dats Hawt

That sucks... I hope you are able to get more time soon. Anime is awesome!
maybe

Interstellar Explorer

I saw a lot of yaoi fanarts too, but after watching the anime, so I wasn't "misguided" xp
I'm not a big fan of yaoi shipping (I do accept homos though), and although there are a few moments of Kotetsu and Barnaby that yaoi shippers can imagine more into, like they wish they'd go further, they never get into such levels of their relationship.
But, I respect the yaoi fanarts/fanfics too, I'm just not a fan of them. And some are really nice in their way.
I really like the character developments in this anime. And it isn't so very anime-like, no big facechanges, veins,huge sweatdrops, googly eyes etc. And it's humor is placed in the scenes well, when it comes to humor smile I'dd say it's a bit western, but somewhat Eastern too. I've read somewhere that the script writer didn't write scripts for animes before Tiger & Bunny or so...

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Obi Aoi
I saw a lot of yaoi fanarts too, but after watching the anime, so I wasn't "misguided" xp
I'm not a big fan of yaoi shipping (I do accept homos though), and although there are a few moments of Kotetsu and Barnaby that yaoi shippers can imagine more into, like they wish they'd go further, they never get into such levels of their relationship.
But, I respect the yaoi fanarts/fanfics too, I'm just not a fan of them. And some are really nice in their way.
I really like the character developments in this anime. And it isn't so very anime-like, no big facechanges, veins,huge sweatdrops, googly eyes etc. And it's humor is placed in the scenes well, when it comes to humor smile I'dd say it's a bit western, but somewhat Eastern too. I've read somewhere that the script writer didn't write scripts for animes before Tiger & Bunny or so...

It's true, this anime did not come from a manga like many others. It went straight to anime, which I think is the reason the story line takes a little while to pick up. But the creators said they really wanted an anime that reflects American comics, so they did their best to mash the styles. I think they did a really great job of it.

Interstellar Explorer

Cielo718
Obi Aoi

It's true, this anime did not come from a manga like many others. It went straight to anime, which I think is the reason the story line takes a little while to pick up. But the creators said they really wanted an anime that reflects American comics, so they did their best to mash the styles. I think they did a really great job of it.

Oh, I see. Well, I know an example (Sailor Moon) where an anime is made of a manga and yet it has many filler episodes plus villains which are not in the manga and/or vice versa. That's up to the creators and the manga author though.

I see. I think so, they did do a great job, also I liked that it had less Japanese-only features (I'm not against them though), but it was more international/American. I liked there were no anime-caricatures (huge sweatdrop, chibi form, huge eyes, vein etc) and I also noticed that the 99% of the characters have non Japanese names, only Kotetsu and his family seems to have Japanese names and there are only English titles in the series, maybe except for the subtitle of Kotetsu's towel (lol). So these make it more international and/or American like. I didn't feel like it was 100% American comic like, but to some degree I did. 3nodding

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Obi Aoi

Oh, I see. Well, I know an example (Sailor Moon) where an anime is made of a manga and yet it has many filler episodes plus villains which are not in the manga and/or vice versa. That's up to the creators and the manga author though.

I see. I think so, they did do a great job, also I liked that it had less Japanese-only features (I'm not against them though), but it was more international/American. I liked there were no anime-caricatures (huge sweatdrop, chibi form, huge eyes, vein etc) and I also noticed that the 99% of the characters have non Japanese names, only Kotetsu and his family seems to have Japanese names and there are only English titles in the series, maybe except for the subtitle of Kotetsu's towel (lol). So these make it more international and/or American like. I didn't feel like it was 100% American comic like, but to some degree I did. 3nodding

It was actually one of the things that attracted me most to the show... the fact that it was such a mix of characters, and none of them was really stereotypical. I actually live in NYC, and the show does a really good job of maintaining a resemblance to the city. I really got a kick out of all of the English Subtitles in the show, and the way Kotetsu struggles at the end of an episode when its his turn to announce the next episode. (And how almost every episode was a common English saying).

Interstellar Explorer

Cielo718
Obi Aoi

It was actually one of the things that attracted me most to the show... the fact that it was such a mix of characters, and none of them was really stereotypical. I actually live in NYC, and the show does a really good job of maintaining a resemblance to the city. I really got a kick out of all of the English Subtitles in the show, and the way Kotetsu struggles at the end of an episode when its his turn to announce the next episode. (And how almost every episode was a common English saying).

Oh, I see. Well, maybe you could see a little stereotype, like.. Sky High looks typical American to me for example. But these types don't stand out at all. Yeah, I noticed so many subtitles, even at places you wouldn't really look at (like when Kotetsu calls Saitou in episode 13 and when the computer screen ius showed, the menus can be seen there on the top left).
Ah yeah, that's funny, and when he says he can't read it. Those are nice sayings. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff