Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interstellar Warlord

BUNNY? TIGER? ANYONE?
dose anyone agree that tiger&bunny should be avalible to everyone, not just americas, because mabye we want to see whats in the mecho neko shop!

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
unfortunately they're offering this item because of a deal with Viz. this means they can only sell it for Gaia Cash in the area Viz has merchandising rights. they're also likely funding this deal by giving Viz a portion of the profits made from sales of these Tiger & Bunny items and that may be the only way they could even afford to make this deal.

I'm pretty sure if there was a way to do so Gaia would be more than happy to let anyone from anywhere buy them, especially for Gaia Cash, if only because that would mean the potential for Gaia to make more money. unfortunately legalities do get in the way, but at least they can be sold secondhand and given a few days their price in the marketplace should become fairly reasonable.

Interstellar Warlord

Mugetsu Ookamiza
unfortunately they're offering this item because of a deal with Viz. this means they can only sell it for Gaia Cash in the area Viz has merchandising rights. they're also likely funding this deal by giving Viz a portion of the profits made from sales of these Tiger & Bunny items and that may be the only way they could even afford to make this deal.

I'm pretty sure if there was a way to do so Gaia would be more than happy to let anyone from anywhere buy them, especially for Gaia Cash, if only because that would mean the potential for Gaia to make more money. unfortunately legalities do get in the way, but at least they can be sold secondhand and given a few days their price in the marketplace should become fairly reasonable.

oh butternets, why to vis have to ruin my item buying spree? but i'll go marketplace in two weeks and try and find them, thanks for the info.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
bekaboou
Mugetsu Ookamiza

oh butternets, why to vis have to ruin my item buying spree? but i'll go marketplace in two weeks and try and find them, thanks for the info.
you can't really blame Viz either. it's copyright/intellectual property legalities. it could just as easily be, say, an Australian-based website making a deal with an Australian-based license holder and being limited to selling the items only in Australia. that's the kind of legal issue it is.

Obsessive Bibliophile

26,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
Mugetsu Ookamiza
bekaboou
Mugetsu Ookamiza

you can't really blame Viz either. it's copyright/intellectual property legalities. it could just as easily be, say, an Australian-based website making a deal with an Australian-based license holder and being limited to selling the items only in Australia. that's the kind of legal issue it is.

Do you feel you are spending all your time explaining the legalities of copyrights?!?

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Kassavdra
Mugetsu Ookamiza
bekaboou
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Do you feel you are spending all your time explaining the legalities of copyrights?!?
are you implying there's no value in helping people understand something better?

Obsessive Bibliophile

26,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Kassavdra
Mugetsu Ookamiza
bekaboou
Mugetsu Ookamiza

are you implying there's no value in helping people understand something better?

Not at all. I think it's great.
But I think it is also kind of sad that so many people seem to jump to a "hate on Gaia" stance before making an effort to understand that there is a business reason behind why they have to limit the items.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Kassavdra
Mugetsu Ookamiza
Kassavdra
Mugetsu Ookamiza
bekaboou
Mugetsu Ookamiza

Not at all. I think it's great.
But I think it is also kind of sad that so many people seem to jump to a "hate on Gaia" stance before making an effort to understand that there is a business reason behind why they have to limit the items.
apparently it's a knee-jerk reaction for many. what they see is GAIA limiting where it can be sold and that's what sticks in their craw, especially if they're the kind that spend RL money on Gaia and think spending money on Gaia entitles them to be able to purchase whatever they want. (quite frankly, I think that kind is the most annoying; it reminds me of when I was working at Sam's Club as a greeter and I had members trying to get in before we'd properly opened or when we were closing up and were waiting for the last of the customers to check out and leave still, many implied that since they paid for the right to shop there that they were automatically entitled to come in then and weren't afraid to try and bully their way past me, and I'm on the short side of average height for a girl AND disabled.)

there's also a number of complainers out there that wouldn't be satisfied even if there wasn't legal restrictions, they'd then be complaining about how it's unfair because you have to buy them with Gaia Cash and not everyone can afford that. but then there are those who it just doesn't occur to them why Gaia may be restricting it like this and even if they wondered why they may not have an idea how to go about and look for the reason either. so I'm just glad I have enough spare time right now to help those people understand.

Interstellar Warlord

Mugetsu Ookamiza
bekaboou
Mugetsu Ookamiza

okay... thanks for the info! emotion_yatta

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces