Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jeering Seeker

Hi all!

So I got the announcement today about the Tiger & Bunny companions and dolls, and even though I've never heard of the anime (I should look it up sometime), I thought, "Hmm, awesome robotic looking people! Must have." emotion_dowant

But of course they're only available from Mecha Neko. Which you can only access if you're from the USA. I myself am from the UK, and therefor not allowed in. emotion_donotwant

So I was wondering if there was any other way of getting these items?

Diligent Student

Marketplace, there is only way you can get them.

Jeering Seeker

Manny80

Yeah, thought so. What would I put in the search bar to get the companions?

Seasonal Poster

12,125 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Object of Affection 150
Bluetabbycat
Hi all!

So I got the announcement today about the Tiger & Bunny companions and dolls, and even though I've never heard of the anime (I should look it up sometime), I thought, "Hmm, awesome robotic looking people! Must have." emotion_dowant

But of course they're only available from Mecha Neko. Which you can only access if you're from the USA. I myself am from the UK, and therefor not allowed in. emotion_donotwant

Marketplace?

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

Bluetabbycat
Manny80

Here is a list with links to each item.

A user by the name "Apprivoise" is also willing to help overseas users get the T&B items so try contacting her.

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
Bluetabbycat
Manny80

just type in tiger and bunny

Timid Gawker

8,550 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
I'll have to buy it on Marketplace ;A;
I was ready to do an art auction just to get those items XD lol (huge t&b fan)

Friendly Donator

19,125 Points
  • Professional Snowfriend Architect 250
  • Skilled Snowfriend Architect 100
  • Amateur Snowfriend Architect 50
This is total bullshit gaia i spend hundreds of $ on here and for the 2nd time i cant buy something because you can only purchase it if you live in America.Do you realize how that makes people not living in American feel, i am so livid because i have to buy these items through a 2nd party at a very high price.not bloody fair as per usual. scream it's all crap anyway i know i wont be buying any of it.

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
lostsols
This is total bullshit gaia i spend hundreds of $ on here and for the 2nd time i cant buy something because you can only purchase it if you live in America.Do you realize how that makes people not living in American feel, i am so livid because i have to buy these items through a 2nd party at a very high price.not bloody fair as per usual. scream it's all crap anyway i know i wont be buying any of it.
it's not bullshit, it's legalities, and it's not like Gaia wants to limit who can buy it directly from them either.

the issue has to do with licensing laws.

Viz is the company that has the license for this in North America and it's probably thru a deal with Viz they got the rights to release official Tiger & Bunny items. Viz would only have legal authority to authorize for money sales of the items in the US and MAYBE Canada as well.

because of this Gaia can only sell it for Gaia Cash inside the area Viz can authorize for money sales in. otherwise they could get sued for breaching copyright and licensing laws.

I'm sure Gaia would love for there to be a way to get worldwide sales rights for these items, but since they can't they're making them as accessable for everyone as they can. plus there are nice Gaians out there willing to help out those who can't buy directly from Gaia themselves without trying to sell them for the maximum profit possible.

Jeering Seeker

MistressMinako
Bluetabbycat
Manny80

Here is a list with links to each item.

A user by the name "Apprivoise" is also willing to help overseas users get the T&B items so try contacting her.

Ah, thanks! You've been very helpful! 3nodding

Jeering Seeker

Mugetsu Ookamiza
lostsols
it's not bullshit, it's legalities, and it's not like Gaia wants to limit who can buy it directly from them either.

Viz is the company that has the license for this in North America and it's probably thru a deal with Viz they got the rights to release official Tiger & Bunny items. Viz would only have legal authority to authorize for money sales of the items in the US and MAYBE Canada as well.

because of this Gaia can only sell it for Gaia Cash inside the area Viz can authorize for money sales in. otherwise they could get sued for breaching copyright and licensing laws.

I'm sure Gaia would love for there to be a way to get worldwide sales rights for these items, but since they can't they're making them as accessable for everyone as they can. plus there are nice Gaians out there willing to help out those who can't buy directly from Gaia themselves without trying to sell them for the maximum profit possible.

Yeah, I thought there'd be some legal gumpf like that responsible; which is understandable, but still rather irksome.
Mugetsu Ookamiza
lostsols

it's still a sore-point , tho . i spend a lot of money on gaia cash cards , and stunts like this sting . on a cheerier note , this crop of items , aren't wearable ,. to me , so this time , its a lot of ado about nothing.....

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
scampthekat
Mugetsu Ookamiza
lostsols

it's still a sore-point , tho . i spend a lot of money on gaia cash cards , and stunts like this sting . on a cheerier note , this crop of items , aren't wearable ,. to me , so this time , its a lot of ado about nothing.....
no matter how much money you spend you can't expect Gaia to do something that would land it in legal trouble. nor can you expect them to pass up a chance to give users items they want just because they need to limit where they can be bought with Gaia Cash.

Genius

19,450 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Runs with Sharpies
Bluetabbycat
Hi all!

Marketplace?
you know the gaia market place. Under the shops tab > marketplace. other gaians sell their stuff there.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff