Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Diabolical Indulgence
-Summer Cherries-
Strawberry Spring
I'm still not quite sure how I feel about Yuri Lowenthal for Bunny. I'll need to hear more than a line, but at least we dodged the Vic Mignogna bullet.

Wait, was Vic Mignogna actually on the plate a potential VA for Bunny, or was this just a general concern?

We don't know if he was, but it was more of a general concern.

Well, he has occasionally worked for some of the companies that Viz gets to do their dubs so I suppose there could have been a slight possibility.

I like Yuri as Bunny though. I really can't think of who the hell else they could cast that would have done a better job.

Barton Wolf

35,565 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Nerd 50
Jackie-senpai
Diabolical Indulgence
-Summer Cherries-
Strawberry Spring
I'm still not quite sure how I feel about Yuri Lowenthal for Bunny. I'll need to hear more than a line, but at least we dodged the Vic Mignogna bullet.

Wait, was Vic Mignogna actually on the plate a potential VA for Bunny, or was this just a general concern?

Well, he has occasionally worked for some of the companies that Viz gets to do their dubs so I suppose there could have been a slight possibility.

I like Yuri as Bunny though. I really can't think of who the hell else they could cast that would have done a better job.

It was a huge general concern because....well, he's not very nice some times. Also he's stuck at prepubescent boy for range of voice. xD (I recognize that this is an opinion)

Alien Worshipper

Jackie-senpai
Diabolical Indulgence
-Summer Cherries-
Strawberry Spring

Yes, I can't think of anyone else either. -nodnod- heart

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Akurei Demon Wolf
Jackie-senpai
Diabolical Indulgence
-Summer Cherries-
Strawberry Spring

It was a huge general concern because....well, he's not very nice some times. Also he's stuck at prepubescent boy for range of voice. xD (I recognize that this is an opinion)

Actually, Vic does have a range. However he gets typecast so often that he doesn't really get to use it much. And prepubescent? Pretty sure that most of the big roles he's played are old enough to have gone through puberty.

As for the "he's not very nice" comment. I really wouldn't know since I've never met the guy in person. However, I do often have to wonder how much of that stuff is true and how much of it is just internet rumor or just fans blowing things out of proportion. It probably doesn't help that there are plenty of anime fans that purposely antagonize the guy, I really couldn't blame him for being a d**k to those people.

But anyways, I'm fairly sick of defending an actor that I don't even like that much in the first place so I'll stop here.

Tipsy Senshi

18,175 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Diabolical Indulgence
Jackie-senpai
Diabolical Indulgence
-Summer Cherries-
Strawberry Spring

Yes, I can't think of anyone else either. -nodnod- heart

I can think of a couple of actors that might have worked alright but none that would have been so spot on.

Barton Wolf

35,565 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Nerd 50
Jackie-senpai
Akurei Demon Wolf
Jackie-senpai
Diabolical Indulgence
-Summer Cherries-
Strawberry Spring

Actually, Vic does have a range. However he gets typecast so often that he doesn't really get to use it much. And prepubescent? Pretty sure that most of the big roles he's played are old enough to have gone through puberty.

As for the "he's not very nice" comment. I really wouldn't know since I've never met the guy in person. However, I do often have to wonder how much of that stuff is true and how much of it is just internet rumor or just fans blowing things out of proportion. It probably doesn't help that there are plenty of anime fans that purposely antagonize the guy, I really couldn't blame him for being a d**k to those people.
But anyways, I'm fairly sick of defending an actor that I don't even like that much in the first place so I'll stop here.
I did say it was an opinion. And I'm only making fun of his more notable role as Edward Elric, who is above the age of 12 and therefore not prepubescent, still sort of sounds it. Again, opinion, because some people think some one sounds one way verses how another person might hear them.

@ Diabolical Indulgence
I love you signature! <3

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

The dub overall has a solid cast? It's basically Tiger & Basara, which I'm fine with.
However, I'll never be able to get over the VA for Kotetsu.
His voice is just... so bad, it doesn't suit him at all.
Kotetsu's original voice can't be outmatched. :l
unless its a farm
The dub overall has a solid cast? It's basically Tiger & Basara, which I'm fine with.
However, I'll never be able to get over the VA for Kotetsu.
His voice is just... so bad, it doesn't suit him at all.
Kotetsu's original voice can't be outmatched. :l

This situation reminds me a lot of the Gurren Lagann dub with Kamina. His Japanese voice just couldn't be topped so the poor dub actor had too much to live up to.

With Tiger & Bunny, everyone, BUT Kotetsu in this dub seem perfectly fine. Shame since he's the damn lead.

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

0x Vanille x0
This situation reminds me a lot of the Gurren Lagann dub with Kamina. His Japanese voice just couldn't be topped so the poor dub actor had too much to live up to.

With Tiger & Bunny, everyone, BUT Kotetsu in this dub seem perfectly fine. Shame since he's the damn lead.

Exactly. I'm pretty content with the rest of the cast, but Kotetsu is just... wow. :l

Celestial Star

45,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Diabolical Indulgence
Strawberry Spring

I don't mind Yuri as Bunny, I think he did a rather good job. Still prefer his Seiyuu, for now at least. But I do agree with you on being glad that Vic didn't get cast as Bunny. I would be so heartbroken if that had happened. emotion_8c

He's not bad, but the voices rarely differ much. I think he should stick to just singing really.
Agreed. OMG>.< speaking of bunny...I wonder if he did that cause of the FF4's Cecil? speaking of which... cool I better make Cecil Wear a Bunny Costume!
I guess the voices are ok...I'm just way too attached to the original voice actors, especially for Kotetsu and Barnaby.
as far as Yuri as Barnaby, I'm really gonna miss all the "DOUTHTE's!" and his lisp. Not to mention I heard that he screwed up saying "Ouroboros", which dissapoints me. sad

Alien Worshipper

one_smart_cucumber
I guess the voices are ok...I'm just way too attached to the original voice actors, especially for Kotetsu and Barnaby.
as far as Yuri as Barnaby, I'm really gonna miss all the "DOUTHTE's!" and his lisp. Not to mention I heard that he screwed up saying "Ouroboros", which dissapoints me. sad

Am I the only one who hasn't noticed the "douthte"? gonk

Either that or I don't remember... Just how often did it happen/gimme a scene in an ep where it did so I can check? :u
Diabolical Indulgence
one_smart_cucumber

Either that or I don't remember... Just how often did it happen/gimme a scene in an ep where it did so I can check? :u

It was right before the Jake battle, when Barnaby got mad at Kotetsu for not trusting him.
I think it was ep 12...
He says 'douthte' several times throughout the show, but he says it the most in this scene. Plus, his lisp is really obvious in the scene too

Alien Worshipper

one_smart_cucumber
Diabolical Indulgence
one_smart_cucumber

It was right before the Jake battle, when Barnaby got mad at Kotetsu for not trusting him.
I think it was ep 12...
He says 'douthte' several times throughout the show, but he says it the most in this scene. Plus, his lisp is really obvious in the scene too

Ahh, I hear it now. Oh god, that's hilarious. :'D

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces