Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
I'm really looking forward to seeing the English dub release of Tiger and Bunny. A friend told me about the series over a year ago and I've been watching alot of the episodes.
I found out that Wally Wingert (aka Tallest Red in Invader zim) and Steve Blum are in it ^_^
Thoughts about the English dub release anyone?

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I've seen the first few episodes in English now, and I have to say they did a pretty good job at casting. Kotetsu's voice definitely takes some getting used to, but they could have done a lot worse...

and honestly, I don't really think anyone will be able to compare to the emotion put in by the originals anyway... but at least they're trying

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

[********, I can never get over the casting choice for Kotetsu. His dub voice hits the ear so wrong compared to the original.

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
unless its a farm
[********, I can never get over the casting choice for Kotetsu. His dub voice hits the ear so wrong compared to the original.

Have you watched the episodes? I'm starting to grow on him a little, but Barnaby, whose voice I originally loved, killed it for me when he tried to say Ouroboros!
mad razz xp mrgreen

Durem Informer

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Can someone explain to me what tiger and bunny is? I have no clue what its about, but people keep telling me to watch it.

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Ryu-Maru
Can someone explain to me what tiger and bunny is? I have no clue what its about, but people keep telling me to watch it.

Cielo718

I've noticed there are a lot of people who have yet to watch the anime, and are asking what it's about. It's easy to get confused with the amount of fanart/fanfic that's out there, so I wanted to set the record straight.

Tiger & Bunny is NOT a Yaoi. Its an anime about superheroes who are sponsored by real companies (like google, pepsi, etc.) who are competing in a reality TV show. It focuses mainly on two heroes:

-Kotetsu Kaburagi (AKA Wild Tiger), who has been a hero for many years, and cares more about saving people than pleasing his sponsors.

-Barnaby Brooks Jr. (who Kotetsu nicknames Bunny), who is a new hero who cares more about scoring points on the show.

The two share the same superpower, and are teamed up despite the fact that they don't get along. The show follows the progression of their (PROFESSIONAL) relationship, and their interactions with the other Heroes. Every character, including the supporting cast, is unique and lovable. They are purposely designed to represent the wide range of personalities and nationalities we would see in a major city. Their city of Sternbild is based off of Manhattan.

The story, while some people feel it takes a while to pick up, is IMO wonderful because it has so many different aspects to it: getting older and trying to do a younger person's job, the line between pleasing sponsors and saving human lives, the importance of family to those whose job it is to risk their lives, man vs. machine, etc. Although I am a fan of Kotestu x Barnaby, I really want people to watch the anime for what it is, and not dismiss it because of what fans are doing with the characters. Fanfic and fan art are amazing, but it shouldn't replace the real story of the anime.

Smoker

3,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Market Browser 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

mabu janai's Husbando

Handsome Hero

Cielo718
Have you watched the episodes? I'm starting to grow on him a little, but Barnaby, whose voice I originally loved, killed it for me when he tried to say Ouroboros!

I have, I'm "getting used" to it but I still don't like it.
Hah, you mean "ERRBERUS"? Yeah, I remember that, funny as all hell.

Durem Informer

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Cielo718
Ryu-Maru

Cielo718

I've noticed there are a lot of people who have yet to watch the anime, and are asking what it's about. It's easy to get confused with the amount of fanart/fanfic that's out there, so I wanted to set the record straight.

Tiger & Bunny is NOT a Yaoi. Its an anime about superheroes who are sponsored by real companies (like google, pepsi, etc.) who are competing in a reality TV show. It focuses mainly on two heroes:

-Kotetsu Kaburagi (AKA Wild Tiger), who has been a hero for many years, and cares more about saving people than pleasing his sponsors.

-Barnaby Brooks Jr. (who Kotetsu nicknames Bunny), who is a new hero who cares more about scoring points on the show.

The two share the same superpower, and are teamed up despite the fact that they don't get along. The show follows the progression of their (PROFESSIONAL) relationship, and their interactions with the other Heroes. Every character, including the supporting cast, is unique and lovable. They are purposely designed to represent the wide range of personalities and nationalities we would see in a major city. Their city of Sternbild is based off of Manhattan.

The story, while some people feel it takes a while to pick up, is IMO wonderful because it has so many different aspects to it: getting older and trying to do a younger person's job, the line between pleasing sponsors and saving human lives, the importance of family to those whose job it is to risk their lives, man vs. machine, etc. Although I am a fan of Kotestu x Barnaby, I really want people to watch the anime for what it is, and not dismiss it because of what fans are doing with the characters. Fanfic and fan art are amazing, but it shouldn't replace the real story of the anime.

Thank you!

Interesting Cutesmasher

5,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
unless its a farm
Cielo718

I have, I'm "getting used" to it but I still don't like it.
Hah, you mean "ERRBERUS"? Yeah, I remember that, funny as all hell.

Holy crap... so cringe worthy... I really hope it gets at least a little better. dramallama

Ryu-Maru
Thank you!

No problem! I'm glad to tell more people about this great show. heart
what tiger and bunny?

Interstellar Explorer

President priest
what tiger and bunny?

Read three posts above this post...

Interstellar Explorer

I didn't watch the English dub version yet (watched the whole series in Japanese though), but I saw a video of some event where episode one (or a portion of it) was presented, the scene where Barnaby first appears. Kotetsu's voice was strange to me compared to Hirata's voice, but I'm wondering if he "gets into it" throught the later episodes. Barnaby was all right. Eh, so he mispronounced Ouroboros. sweatdrop

Welcoming Gaian

13,650 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Love Machine 150
  • Cheerbringer 100
cant wait also

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers