Welcome to Gaia! ::

Handsome Hero

My only hope is that all of this attention for the dub doesn't come back to bite the fandom in the a**.
It's already annoying enough as it is. T&B is too good for the psychotic fangirl treatment.

Dapper Dabbler

7,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
Quote:
T&B is too good for the psychotic fangirl treatment.

whoops

Handsome Hero

Metroid Dread
whoops

Right. T&B already attracts a large fujoshi following. :l
that isn't such a bad thing. Besides every fandom has that-

Anxious Roisterer

4,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Every fandom has some undesirables, its just that the larger they are the more obvious they become to others.
So even if T&B is doomed to have some bad fans no matter, its just a matter of how loud and large they'll be.

It's a good thing and a bad thing, if there are more fans, then there will be bigger demand for it, and that could lead to us seeing more available merchandise..maybe?

Handsome Hero

Maudragauda
and that could lead to us seeing more available merchandise..maybe?

Meh, I'm not overly concerned since I have the luxury of living a half hour away from Little Tokyo, whose stores sell the latest T&B merch.
I'm a figure collector so I'm always keeping an eye out for online exclusives anyway, and I'm quick to snatch them up as I see them.
All I'd like out of this are the DVD's, really. Then again not everyone is as lucky as I am.

Top Mag Wild Tiger is due for release this February, can't wait.

In the end I'm just a little mad because insane fans irk me. :l

Anxious Roisterer

4,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Timid 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Well its only gonna snowball down from here, don't let shitty fans or the prospect of them take away the fun. This is the price to pay when something gets popular.

Handsome Hero

I can see it going two ways:

The Hetalia route: it EXPLODES, and the fandom becomes absolutely wretched and saturated with psychotic fujoshi and bad cosplayers for years and years to come.
The Sengoku Basara route: it EXPLODES, and it's a huge thing for a couple months, but then it fizzles out completely soon after and leaves only the original fanbase it started with.

Crossing my fingers for the latter. B) b

T&B was never a fandom I was actively a part of honestly, it's something I enjoyed quietly with friends.
But even still, T&B is so good. I want only the best for it.

Friendly Explorer

This made me think this anime isn't full of those clichés when there are sweatdrops, strange chibifyings and stuff for some reason. I'm glad this anime DOES have humorous parts, but without those strange drawing style changes. It still has some Japanese "clichés" though which is okay for me.

I don't really go with the mass, if something catches me about an anime, I decide to at elast look into it. What made me watch Tiger & Bunny was that little promoting video on the T&B RIG's Gaia page that was linked in the announcement and I remembered back when Ian was dressed as Kotetsu (I really liked that outfit). smile
you know what else is hot??? HOT POCKETS~ ^.^

Moonlight Sweetheart

22,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
This has been a HT for a few weeks now, thanks for noticing. lol

I didn't bother watching the show until I saw Gaia was promoting their movie. At first I thought it was going to be terrible, but then I watched it and it grew on me. Of course I dont think of myself as some wild fangirl, though I would like to point out all of the female fanservice it gives with Barnaby.

Tipsy Genius

User Image
THIS.
It's one of my greatest fears for this fandom. It's perfect as it is. Hopefully nothing will change.

(I am not a fan of the dub... AT ALL.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games