Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Friend

No, I could not.

And I'm willing to bet nobody in this thread could, either, unless they:

• Actually are in peak physical condition.
• Actually have had extensive firearms training.
• Actually have a high level of endurance.
• Actually have an arsenal of weapons and ammunition ready.
• Actually have a team of other people who aren't seamlessly, efficiently and perfectly working towards a common goal for long-term survival.
• Actually have extensive medical knowledge and the expertise to heal serious wounds.
• Actually have enough food, water and supplies to survive for an extended period of time.
• Actually have logical and well thought-out contingency plans. At least THREE different contingency plans just in case Plan A and B both fail.
• Actually have the mental and emotional fortitude to either bash the skulls in or put a projectile into the brains of people who were former friends and/or family members and are now trying to eat you.
• Actually have the determination to survive, even if it means leaving behind a friend or relative. If your husband, wife, mother, father, sibling or child were hanging on to your hand and being pulled away, would you honestly make the decision to willingly let go of their hand if it meant you survived?

Demonic Ladykiller

I wouldn't even think about surviving. I'd probably kill myself if this zombie apocalypse if it ever happens. rofl

6,200 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PotatoesPotate
I wouldn't even think about surviving. I'd probably kill myself if this zombie apocalypse if it ever happens. rofl

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl YAY! rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
Well if there's people I would survive since I'm with people who are still alive... Now if it were just me I would die the same day, I would have some sort of panic attack.

3,900 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Consumer 100

Devoted Cleric

11,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Clambake 200
Michonne
And I'm willing to bet nobody in this thread could, either, unless they:

• Actually are in peak physical condition.
• Actually have had extensive firearms training.
• Actually have a high level of endurance.
• Actually have an arsenal of weapons and ammunition ready.
• Actually have a team of other people who aren't seamlessly, efficiently and perfectly working towards a common goal for long-term survival. (only one other person)
• Actually have extensive medical knowledge and the expertise to heal serious wounds.
• Actually have enough food, water and supplies to survive for an extended period of time.
• Actually have logical and well thought-out contingency plans. At least THREE different contingency plans just in case Plan A and B both fail.
• Actually have the mental and emotional fortitude to either bash the skulls in or put a projectile into the brains of people who were former friends and/or family members and are now trying to eat you.
Actually have the determination to survive, even if it means leaving behind a friend or relative. If your husband, wife, mother, father, sibling or child were hanging on to your hand and being pulled away, would you honestly make the decision to willingly let go of their hand if it meant you survived?

I couldn't leave my wife behind... and I would rather die than leave her behind, unless she was at work or something when it happened, and I knew she was already dead. Other than that, I'm mostly good, except for other people who aren't prepared for it. lol I'm not saying I definitely would survive, but I like to believe I'm more prepared than most. =P

8,050 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I like to think that I would last a good long while, if not until the end because I have common sense (which seems to be something that a lot of characters in zombie scenarios lack) and I'm not a bad shot.

But in reality, I would probably be screwed razz
Just realized that I'm already a walker, so I could be even more effective than Glen. My brain function is normal, but my muscles don't need live blood or oxygen to work. Therefore I can't get winded.

Did I mention that I smell like one of them? That means I can get out of hairy situations very easily.
As long as I get my daily cat, I'll survive eternally. ('Spose I could just eat another zombie, but they taste way gross.)

Blessed Werewolf

10,400 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I hope so... sweatdrop

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
Mysterious Mister X
If I'm being honest, I would probably shoot myself the first chance I get. I probably have useful skills, but I really wouldn't want to live in a world like that. I find it better to go out by my own hand then get ripped apart by a bunch of man eating monsters.
I'd be more afraid of all the crazys showing their crazy then the zombies.

6,200 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
RedishBlack69
Mysterious Mister X
If I'm being honest, I would probably shoot myself the first chance I get. I probably have useful skills, but I really wouldn't want to live in a world like that. I find it better to go out by my own hand then get ripped apart by a bunch of man eating monsters.

Yeah, those crazys showing their crazy would be too crazy even for the crazys.

10,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
dz1ewczynka
RedishBlack69
Mysterious Mister X

Yeah, those crazys showing their crazy would be too crazy even for the crazys.
exactly! *realizes i never answered the original question* Statistically speaking i dont think id live very long. i've common sense and am resourceful but im not in shape. i've a gun but i only have A gun. if you cant pop it in the microwave i cant cook, i certainly cant hunt. though i think id live longer then most because ive the common sense to stay at home rather then travel looking for a 'safe' place.
I agree that everyone one in this thread is basically zombie fonder myself include. I had a thought today when I decided to actually get some exercise and walk home. Between thinking about Walking Dead and playing lots of Dead Island I just thought... what if the zombie apocalypse broke out RIGHT NOW.

I mean we all expect it to happen while we are safe at home, or in a building or some other favorable location but you could be ANYWHERE. No matter how well prepared you are, or think you are, unless you know the time and place its going to happen the main element of surviving the initial out break is 100% luck.

Though I'm a turncoat. I have fragile values and I root for the winning team. I'd find the first zombie I could and eat it. If I get infected, Go me! I'm on team zombie! If not... well then I have a VERY stable food source which would cut down on my need to forage far for food and put myself in danger.
I think if you get past the initial outbreak/apocalypse you have a good chance. But let's face facts. No matter how "well prepared" you are or what skills you possess. First instinct will be to seek sanctuary with the nearest emergency center or army protection camp.

What baffles me is just how those places get overrun in the first place and it's what most zombie apocalypse movies don't really show. The closest I can think of is Resident Evil 2 where a van of swat came out to try to stop the zombies. They got overrun but they took down a crapload of zombies (automatics and grenades etc etc) before they went down. I'm thinking something larger or behind a fortified base would do even better.

Walking dead I see abandoned tanks. I'm thinking WTF? How do you fail in a tank? Just drive over them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff